Quantcast

Trainer class #2

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I don’t think I did that well in this class. The title was “Endurance 1.” The warm up period lasts for 19 minuets. I barely made it though that. The phase 1 of the “Endurance” portion. It lasted for 10 minuets. I had to slow it down occasionally during this one and stretch out ma’ legs, ouch. My thighs were really tight and sore and was out of my heart rate zone. Then we rested for 3 minuets and onto the “interval” portion. Lasts for 5 minuets with 30 second bursts and 1 minuet rests. I did the first one really well and went down hill from there to the last set and almost puked, I just don’t know what it is about these but they get me every time. The to the last 2 portions, strength and spin/cool down. Never really got to the proper tempo/cadence and pushed as hard a possible.
I would give my over all performance a D+ or C-.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm with Baboon, what's the line from A League of their Own?

"It's supposed to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it. The hard is what makes it great."

Hang in their Tone, just think about how all your competitors are probably sitting on their asses drinking beer watching football. Think about how much better you are going to be because of the trainer classes.:thumb:

SandraR

Chimp
Nov 16, 2001
Houston, TX, Planet Earth
Hey, Tony, this was your SECOND trainer class! Please don't get discouraged at this point. You are doing far better than I did at my second class, what, almost two years ago! I weighed about 12 lbs. more than I do right now, I could barely stand on the pedals for 10 or 15 seconds, and I really really really sucked! All I knew was that I wanted to race my mountain bike, and if these classes would help me, then I would do them. Also, realize that Coach Joe has developed these classes for experienced racers (remember, he's a Cat 3, better than Bill R. our race team director!), and he does not expect you as a beginner to do all of exercises perfectly right off the bat. What he is trying to do is to challenge your body to perform at a higher and higher level over time. It does get better, but he'll make sure (by making things harder) that IT WILL NEVER BE EASY. But, If you want to race and do well, he's the best friend you have!! See ya at the race team meeting Tues.

Oh, here's 24hour Joe:

Attachments