Quantcast

Trainer warm up before a race?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I start with a 10 minute warm-up where with medium tension. Then I go through a series of sprints to get my heart rate up and work the lactic acid through my legs. I do 30 second sprints taking recovery time in between - usually around 8 of them. I also do a little hill simulation warm up to get the legs nice and loose. I am slow to warm up and usually it takes about 20 minutes before I am at full race pace. So, I warm up for about 30 minutes.

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
I used to ride for 30mins before my race like everyone else seemed to. I started about 45mins before hand so I'd have time to get to the start line or make any last minute tweaks.

However, a friend at work who races expert suggested I preride the course. And if the course is short enough that I should also do a cool down lap. That's what I do now assuming the course isn't to long. The hope of course is to get strong enough to compete in the sport class.

I don't want to waste my day on a 45min ride :\

The other cool thing is that it helps you learn the course so you can be smoother/faster through the hard sections.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator
how long before you stage?
Well, I get a call up for my races so I don't have to get in the startline early or anything. That allows me to warm up, go directly to the startline and start right away. Youshould cut it as close as possible so you don't completely cool down and tighten up.