Quantcast

"Transition" testimonials??

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
I've been looking to get a new FR rig these days, and have been looking at Banshee (Chap and Scream) as well as the Cove G-Spot, but have suddenly stumbled upon Transition Bikes, based out of Seattle. Their DirtBag model is about what I'm looking for, and has close to the same geometry as both the Chap and G-Spot, but doesn't seem as burly. The price tag is what got my attention, but I was wondering if there were any of you out there that have ridden one and could give me a lowdown on what's going on with it...thanks.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
the dirtbag freakin rocks! I got mine a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. PM me if you are seriously considering one, it'll be worth it for you to pm me, trust me, eh?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it's a nice bike at a great price by all accounts, but you should be aware that they are 100% taiwanese, with the seattle connection only being the importer/frame designer's location. not to say that this should rule them out -- i just bought a frame built in taiwan -- but they're not a pac nw company in the sense that knolly bikes or mountain cycle is, for instance.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Banshees are Taiwan built too. Nothing wrong with that at all. If a manufacturer designs well and hires a good shop to weld up the frames and has an agent in Taiwan to check qc, the quality can be very high.

I've seen some poor examples of frames built by local boutique builders. BB threads not chased or the shell faced because, they broke their tool months ago and never bothered to have it fixed. Paint which chips off in large sheets the size of a couple thumb nails.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oh, i agree. like i said, i rock a taiwanese built frame (built by pacific, which also does banshee and transition iirc).

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
That titled scared me for a second....:D

No Tranny testimonials here...lol

The transtion Dirt bag has been slowly showing up at race courses here and the riders seem to like them. Their price is mighty tasty. I only like about 14 miles away but haven't gone into see them in person.

Give them a call and see what they can do for you.