Quantcast

Transporting bikes with disc brakes

I've got Hope Mini's on my bike and I'm gonna be doing a fair amount of transporting in the back of the car with the wheels removed this summer.
What I was thinking of doing was putting a spacer between the disc pads and pulling the lever back with a zip tie so they dont accidently get knocked and self adjust (the Mini's being an open system) Sound a good idea?
Also is it ok for the bike to be layed flat/upside down without any effect to the hydro's?

Cheers.

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
revol, us a bit of plasic thats a bit bigger than the disc not much or us u'r idea , i've had my bike upside down over a weekend with no ill affects (dh4 front c2 rear) so i can't see a problem.

priss

p.s. u been up wykham l8ly?

Yeah i was gonna put a bit of scrap fiberglass sheet between the pads.
The C2's on the Lobo have always been fine but someone on Singltrack said they had a bit of leakage from the master cylinder on their Mini's.Curious if anyone else had that prob.

Not been out on the dh rig period for ages.Whats Whykham like at the mo' ? A mate was out there a week or so back and said some pillock had ripped it up on a crosser???

Not seen you around the forums much lately.Riding much? Hows the apprentice stuff going?

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
i've not been up for ages i'll have to get up now i got my pashley sorted, theres always been some tw@t going up or down it on a crosser the lower sections geting badly rutted, my comp was bust for about a month a few weeks ago so i had to go rideing instead:rolleyes: , the apprentiships going well just got one more test to pass(still waiting for 1 result so it might be 2) for this 1st part of the nvq and works been a gd laugh, u still got the gt zasker by any chance is it silver?

priss

Gonna have to do a bit of trail maintainance by the sounds of it.:rolleyes:
Cool,whats the Pashley like?
I've still got the Zaskar (it's ink blue BTW) but it's in bits cos I got a Specialized Rockhopper FSR a few months back and I wanted to put the Judy's off the GT on it cos the Manitou's that came on it are shite!!!

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
i would do the maintanance if i could get up there can't drive(till tomorrow cos i'm 17, so i can learn) the pashley is very very sweet i'll post a pic on here, no change there with the seals and performace of manipoos then.

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
the forks are staying green cos i like em , i'm going to change em to something like a dj1 some time after i get the rest sorted like the front wheel to an arrow on a big un or a goldtech drago, and i'm now 17 look out for me on the road i'll be the idiot hiting grannys:devil: and giveing plenty of room to bikers.

priss