Quantcast

>>> Travel Friday GTM >>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Really getting the Euro experience. Just booked travel to Stockholm and then I will go directly to Amsterdam plus going to Zurich next week for 3 days. I am also invited to a weekend in Mallorca but I might have to skip with all the travel #thestruggleisreal

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning. Strangely rested, the kind of rest that only doing the horizontal bop can induce. In the office a bit early as I have to leave early this afternoon to meet the HVAC contractor at my house for PM on my two systems. Got home last night to see a puddle of coolant under my daughter's car. GRRR, especially since I literally brought the car home yesterday morning from the mechanic for a whole coolant system. Hoping it is just a loose fitting somewhere. I will take the car back to the mech before or after the HVAC guy. thankfully he is just two blocks from my house and the car is not needed at the moment. If it is a bigger issue than a loose fitting, I may be screwed as the car isn't worth the money I have already put into it.

Free concert in the park tonight. Everclear. Not exactly excited about it, but the wife is, so I will go. (see horizontal bop comment above)

Time to develop some estimates and get the shop something to build.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Friday, my beautiful friends! I swam before work. So I follow NASA on facebook and enjoy their posts, but why do I read the comments? I never knew how truly stupid people were until social media came along. Apparently everything NASA posts is fake and outer space isn't really out there.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
NEVER read the comments.
Whenever I read something stupid, so truly stupid its profoundly stupid, as in I'm not sure I even fathomed a scenario in which such a stupid assertation could be put forth, I find myself visiting the Facebook page of the offender in question, mainly because I need to know what they look like. Unfortunately this leaves so many unanswered questions, what life circumstances led to the bottomless well of dumbassery? Do their parents/siblings/spouse/children know the immeasurable bounty of idiocy that said person vomits on an every day basis?

In short, don't read the comments; it's a rabbit hole deeper than the matrix.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! :wave:

Ride last night got rained out so instead I had ice cream for dinner and watched some TV with the puppies. We shall see what this latest work crisis brings but hopefully its NBD. Very much looking forward to a big ole ride in the mountains tomorrow, I should bring plenty of food so I don't bonk.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ugh. What a shit Thursday. Coffee, working 1/2 day and riding my bike.
What's the ride plan?

My plans for Winter Park today won't happen as I got home at ~1:15/3:15 on my body clock and the plan for zero work today has already failed. Hopefully I can sleep properly tonight so @Adventurous doesn't leave me in the mountains tomorrow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dropped in at a buddies house last night and midway through some beers he asked if I wanted to go for a quick spin around the block. Hell yeahz. Did a few kilometers.

But alas, another night of no sleep. This time I was up until 4am. But, it is long weekend so......

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What's the ride plan?

My plans for Winter Park today won't happen as I got home at ~1:15/3:15 on my body clock and the plan for zero work today has already failed. Hopefully I can sleep properly tonight so @Adventurous doesn't leave me in the mountains tomorrow.
Chimney - Apex - beer. maybe?

A friend was supposed to fly in at 6:30 last night. His flight was delayed until 11, then they boarded, then it cancelled. I do however have to go get his bike which they put on another flight which didn't have room for him, but enough room for his bike.

also, WP is open until 7 on Friday. Late DH laps??

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Chimney - Apex - beer. maybe?

A friend was supposed to fly in at 6:30 last night. His flight was delayed until 11, then they boarded, then it cancelled. I do however have to go get his bike which they put on another flight which didn't have room for him, but enough room for his bike.

also, WP is open until 7 on Friday. Late DH laps??
Afternoon DH laps were the plan, but I was awake for 21 hours yesterday and had very little sleep and Shauna had to come get me when I landed. That doesn't bode well for a safe day on the mountain.

With the lack of sleep, an easier ride today will work better for survival in the mountains tomorrow.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is in full swing. I should only hit 99 today, yesterday was 105, Wednesday was 108. Next week is all mid 90's, so the 30 days of summer has arrived in Portland. I need to take the pooch out on the bike, but not in this heat. While she is a wuss in the cold, the heat isn't great, either. I need a burrito and they don't open until 9. Fack.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So my holiday week has been pretty shit for me. We rented a cottage in the Laurentians with my wife's brother and his three kids. The kids all get along great, so that's awesome but there's great riding here, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to partake. At first I had a shitty summer cold, and missed some great weather. Then I took the kids to the pump track and tried to hit a big booter, landed nose heavy, washed out and bruised my ribs. Now I could possibly ride, but it's raining hard. This is dumb. At least the kids are having a good time, and that's all that matters, right?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hey hey Monkies! Another day closer to reducing my sphere of influence to just me. I need to start clearing out my office and shredding things. Anyone remember Oli North? I've always wanted to have a shredding party but lacked the resources to become a gun runner.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Whenever I read something stupid, so truly stupid its profoundly stupid, as in I'm not sure I even fathomed a scenario in which such a stupid assertation could be put forth, I find myself visiting the Facebook page of the offender in question, mainly because I need to know what they look like. Unfortunately this leaves so many unanswered questions, what life circumstances led to the bottomless well of dumbassery? Do their parents/siblings/spouse/children know the immeasurable bounty of idiocy that said person vomits on an every day basis?

In short, don't read the comments; it's a rabbit hole deeper than the matrix.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I am no longer a Mazda3 owner. I managed to spend about 1/3 the price of my bike to trade up from this:

To this

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
LGA travel sucks donkey balls.
Worse than EWR?
I am no longer a Mazda3 owner. I managed to spend about 1/3 the price of my bike to trade up from this:

To this
Shit Pictures be broke, yo.

I overslept this morning so had to drive in. 15 minutes late, no one cared. Food Truck Friday tonight unless the storm cancels things.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Worse than EWR?
Haven't used EWR in a long time, too much effort to get to and from when working in the city.

Terminal B at LGA for Southwest's gates is a dump and LGA gets effed at the merest hint of bad weather.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Wow...crisis averted. I was running about 30 minutes behind actual real time events today, and nearly duffed an important meeting out at a jobsite that would have really pissed off some people closely associated with the continuation of my jorb. That wouldn't have been good. Drove fast through town to get there...so much so, that some guy asked if I would "transport something of great value" for him. Not me, man...I don't know karate.

Heading down to the coast...the big redfish are swooping in for the next 2 months, so I'll most likely not be myself and infected with fishin' fever.

OK...that was lame. I'll show myself out.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
fixed... Flickr... now to figure out how to copy just the part of the link required by our handy dandy image embed button without all the extra crap flickr adds for you.