Quantcast

trials bike

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Do you guys think using an old trek 920 with a good strong rigid fork on it, a bash guard, and a kona 70 mm DH stem with 1.5 in rise kona bar. please any suggestions would really help... :D :cool: :)

Apr 1, 2002
NY
hey man, im just starting my self. i have been told as long as its a small frmae w/ very good standover u should b ok. IM me if u want, on AIM and MSN, eastcoastdownhil , cya man

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I saw some guys up in Central Park a weekend or two ago and they were effin' sic! I'd love to do trials, but I can only have so many bikes (My apt is SMALL).

I'll post some pics when I get em developed.

Yahoo

Chimp
Jul 14, 2002
Davis, CA
I've been learning trials stuff on my 21" Trek 7000 frame....it's too big for me normally, let alone for trials...but it works. I agree...just get a smaller frame and you'd be good to go for straters...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i think im gonna put a px kniffen fork on it a bash guard some alex dm 18 wheels i have and the stem and the bar i have, oh ya its a 17 in by the way and im 5'6 is that to big? ok thanks :D :cool: :)

Apr 1, 2002
NY
hey monkey boy, sounds a bit big for my taste but go w/ what u have for now. remember light weight if ur gonna compete. visit www.trialsin.com this guy Tim will take care of u w/ what ever u need. hes mad cool and a true cyclest. go w/ plazmatic pads. there sick! :cool:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
my trek is not that big with the seat all the way down. i personally think that this bike will do fine, until it breaks! lol
ya ill use it becaus i cant aford a new frame at this point and time so ok.

:D :cool: :)

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
I would recommend that you run a longer stem with more rise. It will make it easier to get up on the rear wheel, and to do pedal up style moves.
Atleast that is my opinion.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i will try to get that stuff, but the stem and bar i have are th stock bars off my kona, so ill have to save up some more cash for extra parts...
:D :cool: :)

madbiker

Chimp
Jul 6, 2001
Nor Cal
What is the optimal stem length? I am using a 100 mil thomson on my hardtail, but it gets used for dirt jumping, trials, street and trail riding, so i don't want to go super long or super short. Is there a dif. length I can use that will help things or should I stick with this?