Quantcast

trials frame

Aug 14, 2002
oregOn
what would be a good trials frame that would be capible of other riding... Dj's, trails, DH(not like compititon, just pethetic rec. dh)...... i am looking for a all-rounder that would work for trials....

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Originally posted by Edmar America
what would be a good trials frame that would be capible of other riding... Dj's, trails, DH(not like compititon, just pethetic rec. dh)...... i am looking for a all-rounder that would work for trials....
Dont' take this wrong but you're asking WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much out of your frame. A DH frame would require a long chainstay with a slack HT which is the complete opposite of what trials geometry is. If you want to get into trials for cheap...any small cromo xc frame like a rockhopper would do fine. Dirt jumping is a completely different area of riding that would kill a trials frame. Maybe an Azonic DS or Evolution frame would work...a PX bommer...Any HT can be adapted for trials...the only problem is how well will they work for trials. Getting the wrong frame can often discourage someone new to the sport because the initial skills are much more difficult to learn.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
maybe the New Jack Flash from planet x?

i read the description, and it sounds like it'd be good for either depending on the length of fork you put on it.

let me find that link...
http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/catalogue/frames/frame_newjackflash.shtml

might not be great for dh, but it will work.

like Dog Welder said, you're asking a lot out of a single frame, and will most likely have to make some compromises. i think that New Jack Flash offers the least compromise.

MattFoley

Chimp
Aug 2, 2002
south of boston
arent there a few bikes that have adjustable chainstay lenghts? maybe an Evil? The only problem i would see with using a trials bike for DH or DJ would be gearing and speed issues! I think they could take the abuse, They take more abuse from trials riding i would think :confused:
just my .02$