Quantcast

Trip to virgin yootar

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Went down to the old rampage venue this past weekend. Got to see some of the crazy lines those guys have put together over the years. My buddy CS took the photos. He has an ability to make ordinary riding look spectacular. I hope to see his stuff in mags soon. He's turning out to be quite the photographer. Good rider too.

CS let me hold his bizillion dollar camera so I could at least get one shot of him riding.

This guy had pretty much the exact same bike as me. One of the photog's buddys.
What's he looking at?

Kidwoo

From a different angle, and without color.

Karl

Couple different angles.

Kidwoo

sequence

Local kid

Here's a little vid I put together. It's literally the first one I've ever done so I know it sucks. It's almost all from day two which was really windy, making most of the big stuff sketchy.

right click, save and all that if you please

www.kidwoo.com/images/utah_480_256.wmv

It's one thing to break your camera but another to break your photographer. :biggrin:

Last edited:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You didn't happen to run into a dude named Jordan on a black 7P7 with a Totem whilst you were down there?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
You know him?

He's riding a buddy's demo 8 in the pics/vid but yeah that's him.
Met him first at the Park City NORBA through a friend of mine that I was roomin' with. Then he was up at Crankworx and I did a few runs with him and some of his buds.....fast, fast, fast.....I got dropped after about the 7th turn every time.... definitely a good guy!! Don't suppose a guy named Jon Wilson was there (or you've run into him...)? He's a fast, good guy too....from Vegas I believe...

Thought he was livin' and pimpin' the ho's up in Whistler......

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yup. He was either from salt lake or idaho.......group of 5 guys.
Yeah...he said something about riding with some dude from Rexburg ID. He be my next door neighbor.

Small w3rld. I need to get down there this winter sometime...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Met him first at the Park City NORBA through a friend of mine that I was roomin' with. Then he was up at Crankworx and I did a few runs with him and some of his buds.....fast, fast, fast.....I got dropped after about the 7th turn every time.... definitely a good guy!! Don't suppose a guy named Jon Wilson was there (or you've run into him...)? He's a fast, good guy too....from Vegas I believe...

Thought he was livin' and pimpin' the ho's up in Whistler......
Hmm.......did you ride with a guy with an uzzi vpx (me) or with a guy on a demo 8 with him? That was the group I was traveling with. Karl was up there forever living out of his van so it may have been before or after we were there. But I was riding with him until I got hurt.

And yeah I've met Wilson. I've ridden with him out at our dirtjumps. Him go fast fo sure.

Small world.

i watched it and still dont get it..........was it him that crashed at the end?
yes

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Damn, you are quite a hucker and those are some inspiring pics. Hopefully it wasn't his shooting hand.

What song is that in the video? I like that kind of hip hop.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
dope riding! wish I lived a little closer to that place, lines upon lines everywhere you turn. nice shots!

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Damn, you are quite a hucker and those are some inspiring pics. Hopefully it wasn't his shooting hand.

What song is that in the video? I like that kind of hip hop.
I hated that song.

But the riding was great. Those were some fatty hucks0rz.:biggrin:

I agree, best ride report in a while.:cheers:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Haha.......that song is older than some of you guys. (Matt!)

Digitial Underground.

The Humpty Dance. Find the video if you can.

Us old folks have to get nostalgic every once in a while.
I thought he must have been kidding.... Who hasn't heard the Humpty Dance?
Oh yeah.... Kids. We're getting old

AA717driver

Chimp
Oct 21, 2006
The land of Bio-diesel
Gee, I wish I was young, brave, without personal, family or financial obligations and I didn't need to stay healthy because my job depends on it... ;)

Thanks for letting us old guys live vicariously through you! :D TC

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Gee, I wish I was young, brave, without personal, family or financial obligations and I didn't need to stay healthy because my job depends on it... ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kidwoo is hella old.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

I'm just about to turn 32, share a mortgage, own my car, have full health bennies, work an outdoor enviromental job that relies heavily on my physical condition.......... and don't hide behind excuses for my lack of ability or sense of adventure.:biggrin:

Watch it chris:rant:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I'm just about to turn 32, share a mortgage, own my car, have full health bennies, work an outdoor enviromental job that relies heavily on my physical condition.......... and don't hide behind excuses for my lack of ability or sense of adventure.:biggrin:

Watch it chris:rant:
I don't know...everytime I call you up for a ride there is always an excuse...I'm packing my bike, I hurt my shoulder (Or your hip....FIRST ALERT), and of course I have friends in town so i can't. When do you sign up for the nursing home?

:D

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
I still don't like the song.

Edit- To make it better you should use 'Get Stupid' by Mac Dre. I think that is chicodude's favorite song.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Dang Woo, sweet riding, pics, and vid!! Is that your camp stuff out there? I was gonna say some of that stuff makes we want to pitch a tent... :biggrin:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah we just camped there. Another trip will happen. Especially considering my hamstring is starting to feel like it's in one piece now.

Don't fvck with matt's fro. That thing has powers. The wind drag on it slowed down the lifts at northstar one day.