Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i saw an article yesterday... apparently trump is sending a team of his own investigators to Hawaii to search for obama's birth certificate :rofl:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I might actually register to vote... :shocked:

As much as I hate politics I think a no bullsh!t businessman as president would be a step in the right direction for this country.

Thoughts?
I would rather wait tables in heels and a skirt then live in a country with that overblown moron in the Oval Orifice. He would throw a fit the first time Congress told him no, and the country would lock up for 4 years...it would be worse then Jeb Bush as POTUS.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Even if Trump wasn't a flaming douche-bag the fact that he has his hands so deep in business should be a giant warning sign. Having someone like him as president would be such a huge conflict of interest. He could create policy that would have direct impacts on personal profit. The one positive note would be that it would be a lot clearer how corporations own politicians.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Stupid as it seems, let's not forget this is America. Arnold F***ing Terminator got elected to governor of CA. Trump as president probably isnt as unlikely as it should be.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stupid as it seems, let's not forget this is America. Arnold F***ing Terminator got elected to governor of CA. Trump as president probably isnt as unlikely as it should be.
****ing Reagan started his career playing with monkeys on ****ty TV. I'm kind of surprised Pee Wee Herman isn't president.

Sponge Bob in 2016!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I wouldnt be surprised to see trump win (or at least come close) Many Americans see him on TV shows and know he is rich(debatable) When your the typical asshat that knows nothing about politics, do you vote for the rich guy with the TV shows you can connect with or the politician you never heard of until he started putting commercials on trumps TV show-thus getting you mad you have to be interupted.

I think we are screwed either way, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him win. What percentage of the people in this country are smart enough to have a vote that counts. (and i recently heard in class, they are thinking about making tests to be able to vote)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wouldnt be surprised to see trump win (or at least come close) Many Americans see him on TV shows and know he is rich(debatable) When your the typical asshat that knows nothing about politics, do you vote for the rich guy with the TV shows you can connect with or the politician you never heard of until he started putting commercials on trumps TV show-thus getting you mad you have to be interupted.

I think we are screwed either way, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him win. What percentage of the people in this country are smart enough to have a vote that counts. (and i recently heard in class, they are thinking about making tests to be able to vote)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
In a perfect world maybe, but this country and the GOP in general thrives off of misinformation and uneducated voting blocks. There is no way this would ever get passed.
I completely agree itl never happen, i mean, you cannot expect us not to be able to voice our completely wrong opinions. I do hope that it will, but i am not holding my breath for it

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
You know it all depends on who is administering the tests....
You know how you have a little mark on your drivers license and/or ID card saying if you are an organ donor? I think an elegant solution would be to have the test administered by the issuing agency of the card and then you get a mark on your ID saying you can vote. Others have pointed out that the test could be basically the citizenship exam, I mean 50% of Americans can't pass that test anyways, why not leave the ones who don't bother to learn anything about the way the government works out of the voting process?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know how you have a little mark on your drivers license and/or ID card saying if you are an organ donor? I think an elegant solution would be to have the test administered by the issuing agency of the card and then you get a mark on your ID saying you can vote. Others have pointed out that the test could be basically the citizenship exam, I mean 50% of Americans can't pass that test anyways, why not leave the ones who don't bother to learn anything about the way the government works out of the voting process?
hey guys... check out this thread...

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241485

But... Arnold did a good job, as loath as I am to say it. Arnold (and Snelling) as a Republican governor and Dean as a Democratic governor are good examples of government done correctly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That may be JBP, but the onion said it better than I ever could:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/muscleman-put-in-charge-of-worlds-fifthlargest-eco,877/

Sure, Trump could be the greatest president ever. But it's a pretty sad state of affairs when the best we can do is a reality show star/muscle man or whatever. Don't we have some actual geniuses in this country?
Hey this here country is a democracy. Your average (and below) citizen is threatened and don't trust no intellectual elite. We want a president who will drink a beer with us and solve problems with a folksy down home attitude. A nice white man who takes guidance from successful corporations and a murder mystery written a few thousand years ago. Course we don't want no book learning type. Just a man who has read one book and one book only and taken the time to understand which parts of that book to fight fer and which other parts to completely ignore.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I agree with the young man.

Arnold did a pretty good job, considering the retarded way this state is run. You don't hear Republicans talking about changing the Constitution anymore so he can be President, right?

Oh look, the retard shlt himself today but today must be a special day because he didn't eat it!

Looks like somebody deserves a vote tomorrow!

That may be JBP, but the onion said it better than I ever could:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/muscleman-put-in-charge-of-worlds-fifthlargest-eco,877/

Sure, Trump could be the greatest president ever. But it's a pretty sad state of affairs when the best we can do is a reality show star/muscle man or whatever. Don't we have some actual geniuses in this country?
My point is that the success, however we judge it, of anyone we elect is effectively a crap shoot.

Trump is an absolutely odious person based on the little that I know of him and I would not propose him as a presidential candidate. The fact that carnival media exposure causes people to support such a person makes me want to barf.

It's not clear to me that "genius" would be an important qualifier. Genius in what category? The success of an executive, in government or another endeavor, depends on the nature of the cats they herd, the containing environment plus the ten percent that the executive contributes, by luck or skill, to help focus a legislature and communicate a vision of the value of what they're doing to those of us who bother to vote.

I guess this is where Reagan "succeeded" when initially setting up what we're paying for now and where Mr. Obama is failing, not by lack of legislative and geopolitical accomplishments, but by failing to effectively communicate goals and accomplishments.