Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Ahhh Yeah this'll go well for the "Art of the deal" dude........

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43251320

President Trump ordered an investigation into the industry last April under a clause of a 1962 law, which grants the White House authority to restrict imports in the face of a national security threat.
Ok so cheap steel to build cars with is a national security threat but not what Russia's been up to?
Admin I hereby officially request we change the thread title to "Mind officially fucking blown thread"

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Random insomnia thought....
you think Trump is using these crazy announcements like unexpected tariffs to temporarily manipulate the markets so he or his people can cash in on the turbulence? I mean, no one knew the steel and aluminum announcement was coming, none of our so-called experts anyway, so maybe he just set up this bump to, I don't know, crash the market and buy low before reversing on this position. Thoughts?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/us/politics/senate-intelligence-nunes-leaks.html

Devin fuckin' Nunes at it again. Dude needs a serious and literal bipartisan ass kicking. What a dick.
Am I following correctly, that the texts were "leaked" to prove that a HIC member was trying to arrange an interview with Steele about the dossier? Like, someone whose doing an investigation into said dossier might do? What is this supposed to prove? That members of the House Intelligence Committee are doing their jobs?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Am I following correctly, that the texts were "leaked" to prove that a HIC member was trying to arrange an interview with Steele about the dossier? Like, someone whose doing an investigation into said dossier might do? What is this supposed to prove? That members of the House Intelligence Committee are doing their jobs?
The text messages were between the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee and a lawyer who was acting as a conduit to Steele. Those text messages were requested by a Nunes staff member and subsequently leaked to Fox News.

So not only was this purely a partisan ploy, it was an attempt by Nunes to subvert the Senate Intelligence Committee investigation. I'm not a lawyer or anything, but he must be tiptoeing the obstruction of justice line...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Every leak is a partisan ploy that both sides are guilty of.
Hard to be outraged when DC is in perpetual state of mutually assured undermining.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
you think Trump is using these crazy announcements like unexpected tariffs to temporarily manipulate the markets so he or his people can cash in on the turbulence?
Politicians benefiting from insider knowledge to profit? Impossibruuuuuuu!!!!!!

https://theintercept.com/2015/05/07/congress-argues-cant-investigated-insider-trading/

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/14/congress-stock-trading-conflict-of-interest-rules-238033

After the furor over Tom Price’s investments, four more members quietly bought shares in the same firm.
The corruption in Washington knows no end

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Don't let the door hit you in the ass

It is unclear if the president is asking them to leave out of compassion or, as the Timeshints, concerns about Kushner’s potential legal issues over various business dealings. The Times story also reports that President Trump has spoken to Kushner and Ivanka Trump and asked them to stay on at the White House but privately has claimed they “never should have come” to work there. Thus, he has asked Kelly to be the instigator of their departure.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Random insomnia thought....
you think Trump is using these crazy announcements like unexpected tariffs to temporarily manipulate the markets so he or his people can cash in on the turbulence? I mean, no one knew the steel and aluminum announcement was coming, none of our so-called experts anyway, so maybe he just set up this bump to, I don't know, crash the market and buy low before reversing on this position. Thoughts?
mother fucker!
I mean, I'm sure it's a coincidence.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/02/carl-icahn-shares-sell-trump-steel-tariffs-announcement-timing

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lying liar lies about UCLA

“The situation was already resolved by the time we heard about Trump’s involvement,” a source told ESPN. “That’s not to take away from the fact that he got involved, but the players already had their passports back and their flights booked to go home Tuesday night when Gen. Kelly called the players.”

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
As long as Kelly and Mad Dog are able to keep his little fingers off the button then fuck him. I hope he leaves the Oval Orifice in a straitjacket and spends the rest of his pitiful life in a rubber room while his dipshit relations fight over what is left of his businesses.

Or, there is this...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
End-Times Pence is just as bat-shit :crazy:
However he does seem just a slight bit more stable, ie not so likely to push the red button when he feels dissed.:eek:
FWIW:tinfoil:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
We Southern Liberals tend not to fear a "Mike Pence theocracy" because we've been dealing with Right Wing religious nut jobs or whole lives. Ain't nothing new nor worth getting worked up over. Don't get me wrong, it's still going to be a fight, just the same'ole tired one for us.