Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
seems as if i'm not the only one who thinks the GOP is waiting for their chance to throw drumpfy under the bus...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/22/1623765/--They-ll-Pull-The-Trigger-On-Trump-Because-GOP-Has-Always-Wanted-Mike-Pence-says-Robert-Reich
the important part:

According to (former Labor Secretary turned political pundit Robert) Reich, he recently had breakfast with a Republican friend who claimed he held his fire over his misgivings about Trump during the election, saying, “You kidding? I was surrounded by Trump voters. I’d have been shot.”

“They’ll [the GOP will] play along for a while,” the unidentified friend said. “They’ll get as much as they want – tax cuts galore, deregulation, military buildup, slash all those poverty programs, and then get to work on Social Security and Medicare – and blame him. And he’s such a fool he’ll want to take credit for everything.”

“Pence is their guy. They all think Trump is out of his mind,” he explained. “So the moment Trump does something really dumb – steps over the line – violates the law in a big stupid clumsy way … and you know he will …”

“They impeach him?” Reich asked.

“You bet. They pull the trigger,” was the reply.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One can only hope that this is true and the Repubs bounce him before he amends the Constitution to make himself president indefinitely.

However, it's pretty scary that we could either end up under a totalitarian regime or ruled by a theocracy.
out of the frying pan, into the fryer. i'd surmise that pence would be *slightly* more predictable

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ragey as you might think it is . . . that Minuteman crap is TRBL music.
if you're hell bent on stuff from that genre/era, just before the great angry hardocre stuff that came out in the late 80s/early 90s, how about at least:
good 'ole bob mould . . . pre-Sugar poppiness

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Did anyone else bother watching the ABC interview? What in the actual fuck? I made a drinking game out of it, and drank every time he said "tremendous." On that metric along I was well on my way to wastedland when he actually broke out "bigly" . . again, with a straight face, on national TV. I promptly chugged my beer. I should not be in shock, but I am. It made me want to punch myself in the face.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also, if we are talking politically charged relevant music.

"It was not necessary to camouflage the insanity of the world today within a science fiction setting.
The world today has become the world that writers predicted long ago.
The controlling authorities are constantly, and successfully, utilizing the fear tactic to control the masses, through misinformation and distraction.

Fear is bondage. Fear is slavery. Fear is Hell. Fear is control."

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Trump speaks to Repubs about "oil, natural gas and clean beautiful coal ...."
Getting "all those coal miners back to work" by "lifting restrictive regulations".

I hope Trumpcare covers their crushing limb injuries and lung cancer.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trump speaks to Repubs about "oil, natural gas and clean beautiful coal ...."
Getting "all those coal miners back to work" by "lifting restrictive regulations".

I hope Trumpcare covers their crushing limb injuries and lung cancer.
It should at least be co-sponsored by Big Pharma to support the Oxy habit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This wall thing is mind bogglingly dumb. Disregarding any moral and environmental arguments, walls are not effective barriers. Technology to defeat such things have been around for a few millennia. The only way it would do anything more than slow someone down would be to pretty much have a standing army protect it. Spend a few billion to build, then a few billion to guard and repair every year.