Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching a spicer news conference with benny hill music playing eases the pain....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i don't see any way this is legal. he can't mandate congress to repeal laws
A lot of regulations originate directly from agencies. So if the DOT wants to address emerging technologies such as autonomous vehicles they will have to remove regulations in areas such as crash safety. Progress!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
That's the fucking scariest thing I've read in quite some time. :panic:

Edit:

That sound you just heard was @manimal having multiple, brown-shirted Orgasms.
Especially if combined with the DHS and the FBI, which appear to have remained loyal to the President throughout the recent transition, this creates the armature of a shadow government: intelligence and police services which are not accountable through any of the normal means, answerable only to the President.

(Note, incidentally, that the DHS already has police authority within 100 miles of any border of the US; since that includes coastlines, this area includes over 60% of Americans, and eleven entire states. They also have a standing force of over 45,000 officers, and just received authorization to hire 15,000 more on Wednesday.)
Edit 2: I wish to correct myself. That's the scariest thing I've ever read.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
One step forward, two steps back.

As this is regulating regulations will he be revocing two of his other exec orders?
As most of my agency's regulations are written in blood and without additional bodies to help, I see myself staying busy for the next 4 years.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You're fired.

In an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, the president declared in a statement that Sally Q. Yates, who had served as deputy attorney general under President Barack Obama, had betrayed the administration by announcing that Justice Department lawyers would not defend Mr. Trump’s order against legal challenges

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"Obama put a ban on Iraqi refugees for 6 months in 2011 and nobody cared!!!" - All my right wing facebook contacts (hard time calling them "friends")
do they all live within 10 miles of where they went to high school?

also, if memory (and the internet) serve me well, that ban was based on a credible threat.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
do they all live within 10 miles of where they went to high school?

also, if memory (and the internet) serve me well, that ban was based on a credible threat.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! :fans:

Add to that: Think the Olive Garden is fancy Italian.

<edit> My BIL is actually the worst, and I do think he is less than 100 miles from where he went to school. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"Obama put a ban on Iraqi refugees for 6 months in 2011 and nobody cared!!!" - All my right wing facebook contacts (hard time calling them "friends")

I never want to discuss politics with my father, but he always brings it up. Last 8 years he bitched constantly about Obama, in particular always calling him arrogant and a liar. For the 10 days of Trump he has been furious that people are protesting and defying “the will of the president”. I have tried to have rational conversations with him but I only receive angry irrational responses. At some point you just have to realize that certain people are just assholes.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At some point you just have to realize that certain people are just assholes.
This is my best friend and battle buddy. He "quit facebook" last week because people just won't give the guy a fair chance to lead. It's only been a week and already people are calling him a failure. If we just give the guy a chance, it might surprise us. What we NEED is a good shake up. Some fresh blood with fresh perspectives is what his cabinet choices are.

In a couple more years once all the bad guys are taken care of and everyone is a millionaire because we got trickled on, then we will understand his true brilliance. :tinfoil:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is my best friend and battle buddy. He "quit facebook" last week because people just won't give the guy a fair chance to lead. It's only been a week and already people are calling him a failure. If we just give the guy a chance, it might surprise us. What we NEED is a good shake up. Some fresh blood with fresh perspectives is what his cabinet choices are.

In a couple more years once all the bad guys are taken care of and everyone is a millionaire because we got trickled on, then we will understand his true brilliance. :tinfoil:
my hope is that, if we survive this, the GOP will finally die.