Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
...still trying to digest my fear that he will be impeached, and nothing will come of it.
idk... i doubt they'd go to the trouble of impeaching him if they didn't think they'd have enough votes, or with no intent to allow him to stay in office and be a lame duck for 3+ years

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pelosi cautioned against talk of impeachment. Her tenor implied that she was waiting until she had hard evidence. Like any good hunter, she is going to wait until she has a clear shot.
playing the waiting game is a risky move for the GOP imo. The longer they wait, the more likely they are to be implicated.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
playing the waiting game is a risky move for the GOP imo. The longer they wait, the more likely they are to be implicated.
Yup, and Pelosi knows this. Whether you like her or not, she will be absolutely vicious when the time is right. She's not going to attack until she knows she has trump by the short hairs.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yup, and Pelosi knows this. Whether you like her or not, she will be absolutely vicious when the time is right. She's not going to attack until she knows she has trump by the short hairs.
I disagree. I think she knows President Pence is worse. Donald is so unhinged and uniformed that he can't get shit done even among his own party. Trump is his own worst enemy, no matter how much he wants to cry about how unfair everybody is all the time. As bad as Herr Twittler is, it's such a chaotic shit storm that it's more often than not getting in it's own way. Pence doesn't have this problem. He's (relatively) even keeled, actually knows how politics work, knows how to not say outlandishly stupid and contradictory things in one sentence, can focus one more than one thing at a time, and actually has rapport, not just within the GOP, but maybe even among some Dems. I think we all wish for Trump to swing from the (proverbial) gallows at our own risk, and I think Pelosi knows it.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
half the time she sounds like otis the drunk...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I disagree. I think she knows President Pence is worse. Donald is so unhinged and uniformed that he can't get shit done even among his own party. Trump is his own worst enemy, no matter how much he wants to cry about how unfair everybody is all the time. As bad as Herr Twittler is, it's such a chaotic shit storm that it's more often than not getting in it's own way. Pence doesn't have this problem. He's (relatively) even keeled, actually knows how politics work, knows how to not say outlandishly stupid and contradictory things in one sentence, can focus one more than one thing at a time, and actually has rapport, not just within the GOP, but maybe even among some Dems. I think we all wish for Trump to swing from the (proverbial) gallows at our own risk, and I think Pelosi knows it.
A dumpster fire of a GOP in 2018 would be a godsend for Democrats at midterm elections. Unloading Trump now could give Pence time to stabilize things and even have time to play the victim card and get the retard base energized again.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
A dumpster fire of a GOP in 2018 would be a godsend for Democrats at midterm elections. Unloading Trump now could give Pence time to stabilize things and even have time to play the victim card and get the retard base energized again.
Dumpster fire is best case scenario. Terrible though it may be, Trump is checked by the Constitution, the courts, Democrats, quite often Republicans, and his own ineptitude. Damaging as he is I only see worse case scenarios. He might push the button and start WW3. Or he might try and start WW3 during a 3am Twitter and coke bender and the military brass say "no." and stage a coup. Or he winds up in an orange jump suit and a stay in Leavenworth and we get a much scarier President Pence, who has a friendly Congress, and the ability and wherewithal to drive and establish FREEDUM@ brought to you by Republican Jesus™ and Mountain Dew.

The best we can hope for is 20 more months of dumpster fire and shenanigans, after which, hopefully adults will be put back into at least one house of Congress. They can then spend the following two years pulling pages from the Mitch McConnell obstructionist playbook until we can elect somebody, anybody, else in 2020.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Dumpster fire is best case scenario. Terrible though it may be, Trump is checked by the Constitution, the courts, Democrats, quite often Republicans, and his own ineptitude. Damaging as he is I only see worse case scenarios. He might push the button and start WW3. Or he might try and start WW3 during a 3am Twitter and coke bender and the military brass say "no." and stage a coup. Or he winds up in an orange jump suit and a stay in Leavenworth and we get a much scarier President Pence, who has a friendly Congress, and the ability and wherewithal to drive and establish FREEDUM@ brought to you by Republican Jesus™ and Mountain Dew.

The best we can hope for is 20 more months of dumpster fire and shenanigans, after which, hopefully adults will be put back into at least one house of Congress. They can then spend the following two years pulling pages from the Mitch McConnell obstructionist playbook until we can elect somebody, anybody, else in 2020.
This is the same mentality as the Repubs, still putting party before country. Herr Twitler is unstable and a clear threat to our democracy and the planet as a whole. He has to go ASAP before he gets us all killed. Pence with his desire to blend church and state is still a better choice than the unstable man baby. I cannot fathom the scenario in which Pence would be more problematic than Jr. Bush.

Like I said before, the threat Pence would pose is only one sided and more easily defeated than Cheeto Jesus's multiple point daily bombardment. It would be the usual political fighting that we Southerners have been engaged with for decades to fend off religious oppression. Too us, this nothing new. But what Trump is doing is not only unprecedented but wildly unpredictable. And for the good of everyone, we need some stability. And that beady eyed little Jesus creep is unfortunately capable of doing the job.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
This is the same mentality as the Repubs, still putting party before country. Herr Twitler is unstable and a clear threat to our democracy and the planet as a whole. He has to go ASAP before he gets us all killed. Pence with his desire to blend church and state is still a better choice than the unstable man baby. I cannot fathom the scenario in which Pence would be more problematic than Jr. Bush.

Like I said before, the threat Pence would pose is only one sided and more easily defeated than Cheeto Jesus's multiple point daily bombardment. It would be the usual political fighting that we Southerners have been engaged with for decades to fend off religious oppression. Too us, this nothing new. But what Trump is doing is not only unprecedented but wildly unpredictable. And for the good of everyone, we need some stability. And that beady eyed little Jesus creep is unfortunately capable of doing the job.
True, but that's not realistic. First, there is an investigation occurring. There is no proof of anything other than Trump is an unstable douche. That's not an impeachable offense. And second, even if a picture of Putin reading a stack of classified US material while being blown by Donald kneeling on the Constitution emerged tonight, it would still take Republicans months to "investigate" it. I just can't imagine a scenario where anything even close to Trump being removed happens inside of the 2018 elections.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
True, but that's not realistic. First, there is an investigation occurring. There is no proof of anything other than Trump is an unstable douche. That's not an impeachable offense.
That's pretty much what Pelosi said in a recent interview.

And second, even if a picture of Putin reading a stack of classified US material while being blown by Donald kneeling on the Constitution emerged tonight, it would still take Republicans months to "investigate" it. I just can't imagine a scenario where anything even close to Trump being removed happens inside of the 2018 elections.
There does seem to be some growing opposition among the GOP, but is it enough to derail the Trump train wreck before midterms ? Dunno.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
This should be worth watching.

Former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by President Donald Trump last week amid an agency probe into alleged Russian meddling in the U.S. election, has agreed to testify before the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee at a public hearing, the committee said in a statement on Friday.

The hearing will be scheduled after the May 29 Memorial Day holiday, the statement said.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Fuck the proles.

“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.”

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
He is like some 13 year old kid getting caught wih his dick in his hand..."I wasnt wanking, I dont know what you were thinking, but I definitely wasnt wanking..."