Quantcast

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This seems appropriate:

“Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.”

- George Carlin

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This seems appropriate:

“Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.”

- George Carlin
Sounds about right...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They really got out ahead of that one.

“He refuses to sit still,” an adviser told the Post. “He doesn’t think he’s in any legal jeopardy, so he really views this as a political problem he is going to solve by himself.”

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is probably something to that.

I think it is well within the realm of reality that the meeting with the Russians was not about working with them, but them letting Trump's campaign team simply know they have pee tapes and blackmailing them.

The Russian's probably knew well enough that any information given to the campaign would have been mishandled and screwed up. Why give them valuable information when they could just take care of the situation themselves?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

I think it is well within the realm of reality that the meeting with the Russians was not about working with them, but them letting Trump's campaign team simply know they have pee tapes and blackmailing them.

The Russian's probably knew well enough that any information given to the campaign would have been mishandled and screwed up. Why give them valuable information when they could just take care of the situation themselves?
Some light :tinfoil:

I like this theory, a lot. "Hey Don, we have the pee tapes, we know about the underage kids, we have the records of your shady money. Will talk more later. Vlad says 'Hi'".

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Jesus, what's keeping any of this together at this point?

I believe now more staffers and insiders are losing faith in getting through this unscathed. Once that is shaken is when you'll see those connected making moves to protect themselves.

Come on leakers!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

So can we finally call it "water"gate now?