Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When your rally crowd isn't bigly enough

He is said to have ordered Keith Schiller, his long-standing assistant who now manages his private office, to tell Mr Gigicos, one of Mr Trump’s four longest-serving aides, that he would never again be allowed to organize a rally.
So he is holding campaign rallies 3 years before the election, his approval rating is in the toilet, and he wants to blame the guy who put the rally together for lack of turnout. That is quality leadership. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are a lot of people who view politics the same way people view sports. They pick a team and root for them no matter how bad they suck (ref: Cleveland Browns).

There are also a lot of people that are just fucking stupid.
I would argue those are the same people, or at least 80% overlap between them. I also think Trump was a big winner in Cleveland.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
When your rally crowd isn't bigly enough

So he is holding campaign rallies 3 years before the election, his approval rating is in the toilet, and he wants to blame the guy who put the rally together for lack of turnout. That is quality leadership. :rofl:
Well thank goodness crowd size is the biggest issue the President has on his plate right now.

No Lord of the Flies? I am disappoint.

While an interesting read, I'm not sure that proves anything on a macro level. The key, I think, is that at some point those kids kind of had no choice but to interact with each other. Common cause is a great uniter, as is physical proximity, and just getting to know someone. How do you do that on a nationwide scale? How does someone from bumblefuck AL find common cause, and more importantly, find humanity in someone form hipsterville, CA? We live in a society where even facts are in dispute.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The developer, Felix Sater, predicted in a November 2015 email that he and Drumpf Organization leaders would soon be celebrating — both one of the biggest residential projects in real estate history and Donald Drumpf’s election as president, according to two of the people with knowledge of the exchange.
Holy shit......

Special guest appearance by Mayor 9/11!

Edit: Part 2. God damn shifty mother fuckers

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So white Protestant males are territorial pack animals with an Alpha until threatened by outsiders. Who would have thought ?
What I took out of it is that when a group of people define themselves in a group they become "us" and everyone else becomes "them" and ultimately you get us vs them even if the groups are basically indistinguishable. But when two groups at odds with each other find themselves with the same needs, or in the same larger group the conflict ends and cooperation becomes the norm.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What I took out of it is that when a group of people define themselves in a group they become "us" and everyone else becomes "them" and ultimately you get us vs them even if the groups are basically indistinguishable. But when two groups at odds with each other find themselves with the same needs, or in the same larger group the conflict ends and cooperation becomes the norm.
That's more or less pack behavior.

Look at what has happened since Herr Twitler was elected with racists becoming more emboldened. Here you have several hate groups, all white, coming together to fight a perceived threat of anyone who isn't white. Cooperation among pack mentality groups goes both ways, for positive and negative outcomes.

While there are certainly numerous examples of different groups coming together in time of crisis to help each other, there are just as many instances of group mentality that cause harm. As the saying goes, "no one is as dumb as all of us." Never underestimate the potential danger of group mentality.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What boggles my mind is that about 40% of voters actually approve of the job he has been doing. WTF is wrong with people?
You realize he could do absolutely nothing for 4 years and just tell these idiots that he is still going to build a wall and all of that and they'll just eat it up the entire time and re-elect him. We have proven without a doubt that people are that stupid.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
"Everyone is taking about Houston, but you know, I think there is blame on both sides. You had a hurricane on one side that was bad. But you had rescue personnel and the weather service fighting the hurricane just as violently. Nobody wants to say that. I’ll say it right now."

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The water, much like the illegal Mexicans came from south of the border.

When the Gulf of Mexico sends its hurricanes, it's not sending their best. It's not sending you. It's not sending you. It's sending storms that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good storms.

BUILD THAT WALL!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I thought El Presidente could pardon someone before they've even been charged with the crime?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I thought El Presidente could pardon someone before they've even been charged with the crime?
He can only pardon for federal crimes. (I think?)
Both of these are correct. I'd have to go looking but I read an article somewhere this morning that Mueller is apparently working pretty closely with the New York AG. If Trump goes full retard (redundant) and pardons everyone under the sun, it only protects them all from Mueller. It seems that the New York AG is building a financial crimes case against Trump and CO., so he may go down that way if that's what happens.

Also: Shit's juicy yo.

Paul Manafort's notes from a controversial Drumpf Tower meeting with Russians during the 2016 presidential campaign included the word "donations," near a reference to the Republican National Committee, two sources briefed on the evidence told NBC News.

The references, which have not been previously disclosed, elevated the significance of the June 2016 meeting for congressional investigators, who are focused on determining whether it included any discussion of donations from Russian sources to either the Drumpf campaign or the Republican Party.

It is illegal for foreigners to donate to American elections. The meeting happened just as Drumpf had secured the Republican nomination for president, and he was considered a longshot to win. Manafort was the campaign chairman at the time.
Total coincidence? :tinfoil: