Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
“If you cut that [corporate] tax rate to 15 percent, it will pay for itself many times over. … This will bring in probably $1.5 trillion net by itself.”

Following this logic, if I took a 15% pay cut, my take home would rise?

The tax plan is a joke. A 20% corporate tax, followed by a 25-39% rate for small and family owned businesses? WTF? How is this encouraging entrepreneurial spirit? Those who profit the most from the system should and can be logically expected to, pay back the most into the system. Those who are trying to get a leg up should be given just that, a leg up.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
“If you cut that [corporate] tax rate to 15 percent, it will pay for itself many times over. … This will bring in probably $1.5 trillion net by itself.”

The tax plan is a joke. A 20% corporate tax, followed by a 25-39% rate for small and family owned businesses? WTF? How is this encouraging entrepreneurial spirit? Those who profit the most from the system should and can be logically expected to, pay back the most into the system. Those who are trying to get a leg up should be given just that, a leg up.
Yeah, but some of them might be poor or even worse, not white. Herr Twitler isn't going to take that risk.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

People are going to stay poor forever if you do not punish them for it. This way poor people will have the motivation to pick themselves up by the bootstraps and become multi-million dollar corporations. The budget will balance because of the taxes all the new billionaires will pay.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Can you imagine the shitshow the midterms are going to be next year? I can't wait to see the shenanigans Trump is going to pull.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tweets about "doing what's needed" outside of diplomacy to daal with "little rocket man".,, russian investigation must be clsoing in...good to distract from puerto rico too!

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The Growing Irrelevance of President Trump

He is still a dangerous showman and conman, but when it comes to the actual work of governing America, the president is becoming utterly and completely irrelevant.

by
Robert Reich

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/10/01/growing-irrelevance-president-trump
the problem is he's put a bunch of dangerous assholes in place with the potential to do serious damage to everything from the environment to basic decent civil rights to economic and health issues. the risk of calling him a buffoon and congress relatively incompetent turns a blind eye to the other crap that's actually happening. see Politico's "5 things that trump did this week when you weren't looking," for example.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
From the guy who ran the Katrina response.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/30/us/honore-mayor-trump-cnntv/index.html

The anthem thing is simply a pouty fuck whining because the other billionaires are not kissing his ass and telling the millionaires that they employ what to do.

I can only imagine/hope that the GoP muckamucks are trying to figure out how far they will let him go before they turn on him and admit publicly what a huge mistake they made. And I hope that it isnt much more.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I can only imagine/hope that the GoP muckamucks are trying to figure out how far they will let him go before they turn on him and admit publicly what a huge mistake they made. And I hope that it isnt much more.
He could be found rolling around naked this morning with a dead baby on the White House lawn and they still won't disown him.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is that fake news? I sure hope so.
Best I could do on short notice. CNN, so obviously fake news:
In February, Drumpf signed a measure that reversed a rule barring gun sales to certain mentally ill people, which was written as a response to the 2012 elementary school shooting in Connecticut. His administration also rolled back a regulation banning lead ammunition on wildlife refuges that was implemented on the last full day of the Obama presidency.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I know Vegas and Puerto Rico are lagging behind after recent events, but are we great again yet?

I'm just not sure what metric to check against.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
when you're so bad you make GWB look good
See also US 2010 Haitian earthquake response by BHO (bonus of no advanced warning for earthquakes like hurricanes provide with modern weather modeling):

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-responded-to-haiti-with-more-force-than-puerto-rico

Just 4,400 American service members are participating in federal relief efforts in Puerto Rico eight days after the island was devastated by Hurricane Maria. In comparison, 8,000 U.S. troops headed to Haiti to help in the first two days after a devastating 7.0-magnitude earthquake in 2010. Officials said widespread communication failures, as well as the rules of engagement in place when assisting a U.S. territory rather, than a foreign nation, have been obstacles in providing aid. “We were able to move more quickly in a foreign country, and with no warning because it was an earthquake, than a better-equipped agency was able to do in a domestic territory,” said Rajiv Shah, who led the U.S. Agency for International Development during the Haiti response.
More here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/investigations/us-responded-to-haiti-quake-more-forcefully-than-to-puerto-rico-disaster/2017/09/28/74fe9c02-a465-11e7-8cfe-d5b912fabc99_story.html