Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I thought Pappy Bush voted for David Cop-a-feel?
Getting quickly tired of that. Seems so glaringly opportunist to me. "So and So grabbed/brushed/looked at my ass sideways 15 years ago and now I want to cash in..." What the fuck have you been doing for the past 15 years? This is not to diminish in any way, shape or form those who have truly been assaulted...I cannot comprehend that level of pain. But come on...really? Did you just bank the grope against the future?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Getting quickly tired of that. Seems so glaringly opportunist to me. "So and So grabbed/brushed/looked at my ass sideways 15 years ago and now I want to cash in..." What the fuck have you been doing for the past 15 years? This is not to diminish in any way, shape or form those who have truly been assaulted...I cannot comprehend that level of pain. But come on...really? Did you just bank the grope against the future?
Dude, 3 years ago, last year, and he admits to it.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah all those broads who got drugged and raped by Cosby need to suck it up.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
As they say there is safety in numbers, and women who have been reluctant to accuse their assailant out of fear, embarrassment or a host of other reasons, are starting to come forward. I don't think this is "cash in" kind of thing at all. Quite simply, the women in this country aren't havin' it anymore.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Like I said, I cannot fathom the amount of pain someone who has been assaulted is going through. But some of this has to cheapen what those who truly experienced it go through. No one needs to suck it up...but am I the only one who sees this sudden epidemic through jaundiced eyes? Where was your complaint when it happened? Why come out now? Your silence has helped perpetuate the very same culture that caused these assholes to think they could act this way. How many more young starlets have had to deal with similar casting couch bullshit because you wouldnt stand up?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
As they say there is safety in numbers, and women who have been reluctant to accuse their assailant out of fear, embarrassment or a host of other reasons, are starting to come forward. I don't think this is "cash in" kind of thing at all. Quite simply, the women in this country aren't havin' it anymore.
I hope you are right...get up, stand up sisters, and dont let this kind of crap happen again!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I hope you are right...get up, stand up sisters, and dont let this kind of crap happen again!
For all the vile and froth spewing up from a once quite segment of racist America, we will start to see the opposite extreme scenarios play out with other segments of the population. So for every bit of ugliness inspired by Herr Twitler, there will be positive occurrences pushing back somewhere.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have several friends and an ex who have been harassed, groped and one raped by men in powerful positions at work. None did anything about it at the time because they were serious and hard working and were worried about their careers. Even if people believed them and due process was followed, they feared having a stigma follow them for the rest of their lives. None of them admitted to any of this until well after it happened. The worst case, not being believed and getting labeled as a gold digging slut.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I'm of the opinion that some sort of Rubicon has been crossed. Are some of these allegations opportunistic? While I suppose it's possible, I kind of doubt it. I wish I could point to a reason why, or the exact time that it happened, but I think this is a real phenomena. Like weed prohibition and homosexual oppresion, people are waking up to the fact that unwanted sexual assault of any degree, is bullshit that needs to stop. I say "Kudos". It takes a brave and strong person to step forward and speak up.

Though, there are two aspects of it I still can't square in my head. 1: No one is trying to "defend" Kevin Spacey, and 2: Self admitted, Pussy-grabber-in-chief seems to still not bother a lot of people. I'm hoping, and believe that @AngryMetalsmith is correct, perhaps the pendulum is returning to the center.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't doubt any of it. I've spent too much time on work trips with married with children dudes who go fucking apeshit as soon as they get away from their wives. It's the only times I've ever been in strip clubs........dragged there by a superior making fun of me for spurious needs such as 'sleep' and 'not operating heavy equipment hung over' so they can touch a butt cheek in the champagne room and get kicked out even though it was 'totally worth it'.

It's all true. Every bit of it. We all went to school with these assholes, surely you remember. They grouped themselves in packs and hung out shirtless on porches of abnormally large houses with emblems on top that looked like calculus symbols.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't doubt any of it. I've spent too much time on work trips with married with children dudes who go fucking apeshit as soon as they get away from their wives. It's the only times I've ever been in strip clubs........dragged there by a superior making fun of me for spurious needs such as 'sleep' and 'not operating heavy equipment hung over' so they can touch a butt cheek in the champagne room and get kicked out even though it was 'totally worth it'.

It's all true. Every bit of it. We all went to school with these assholes, surely you remember. They grouped themselves in packs and hung out shirtless on porches of abnormally large houses with emblems on top that looked like calculus symbols.
And none of that behavior is ever acceptable on an institutional level.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/04/14/how-a-sexual-assault-scandal-engulfed-baylors-football-program

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
We used to get sexual assault prevention briefing after briefing after briefing...and it never cured anything. Idiots are idiots are idiots, no matter what sex, rank/status, political or religious affiliation they adhere to. No matter how enlightened we claim to be, someone will always be counted on to do something stupid. The Pussygrabber in Chief has only encouraged and emboldened more idiots. My cynicism aside, I earnestly hope that those who stand up can yell loudly enough to stop the next idiot, no matter what stage he or she is appearing on.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
This is hopefully just the first idiot to be exposed. The more I read about this Paradise Papers thing the more blown away I am. We are truly reaching new heights of the second gilded age. Surf's up, serf!