Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Unfortunately for Flynn, things may have just gotten a lot worse. As NBC News first reported on Nov. 5, Mueller and his team are apparently investigating an alleged plot involving Flynn, his son and potentially others to forcibly and extra-legally effect the return of Gulen — currently living in rural Pennsylvania — to Turkey in exchange for millions of dollars.
Devin Nunes.

Icing on the cake if that shifty dirt-bag gets hung with the rest of the cavalcade of stupid.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
It sure appears so. Plus, the added benefit of shitting on Bannon, who McConnell also doesn't like very much. Though it's possible that he just knows how to read the shifting political winds.
“I’m not going to dispute anything, but I don’t remember anything like that,” he said. “I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother.”

That makes it okay? That the mom is pimping out an underage girl? I think not...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Red carpet like I think probably nobody has ever received

Bigly.

It is far from the first time Trump has suggested that he has been welcomed like no president before him. The reality of Trump’s popularity overseas, though, is very different. The receptions he has received from various presidents, prime ministers, authoritarian strongmen and dictators, contrast sharply with how he is viewed by the wider populations out on the streets, as evidenced by both polls and protests.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Fredo does it again.

on the same day that Trump Jr. received the first message from WikiLeaks, he emailed other senior officials with the Trump campaign, including Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Brad Parscale, and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, telling them WikiLeaks had made contact. Kushner then forwarded the email to campaign communications staffer Hope Hicks. At no point during the 10-month correspondence does Trump Jr. rebuff WikiLeaks

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm indifferent about this.
If there's nothing to hide the Dems/Hillary should welcome the opportunity to clear the air and shut up the frothers.
If they find something of substance, I hope they pursue the guilty with the same fervor of the Mueller investigation.
The quicker all these asshole politicians realize they will be held accountable the better this country will be.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I'm indifferent about this.
If there's nothing to hide the Dems/Hillary should welcome the opportunity to clear the air and shut up the frothers.
If they find something of substance, I hope they pursue the guilty with the same fervor of the Mueller investigation.
The quicker all these asshole politicians realize they will be held accountable the better this country will be.
Right......Because the seven Benghazi probes firmly put that tinfoil nonsense to rest and put the frothers at ease. It's already unsubstantiated bullshit. This is nothing but "whataboutism" on a level that makes Russian klepotocrats swoon.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm with @dan-o , at least to the end that wrt Uranium One, there is nothing to see. It "shouldn't" even come to pass that it's investigated again. If someone committed a crime or there was wrongdoing, it should come out. (I don't think there was any)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm with @dan-o , at least to the end that wrt Uranium One, there is nothing to see. It "shouldn't" even come to pass that it's investigated again. If someone committed a crime or there was wrongdoing, it should come out. (I don't think there was any)
WRONG. crooked hillary used her private email server to upload the uranium to BENGHAZI

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Right......Because the seven Benghazi probes firmly put that tinfoil nonsense to rest and put the frothers at ease. It's already unsubstantiated bullshit. This is nothing but "whataboutism" on a level that makes Russian klepotocrats swoon.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/
Then why sweat the investigation? Let them head off on another wild goose chase and look like fools again.
I have yet to hear a BENGHAZI!!!! claim continue after the simple question "Remind me what the multiple investigations turned up?" was asked.

Just like the trump-russia scenario, the resistance against this investigation will be a good barometer of what is at risk to being exposed.
Defensiveness is a classic indicator of guilt.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Then why sweat the investigation? Let them head off on another wild goose chase and look like fools again.
I have yet to hear a BENGHAZI!!!! claim continue after the simple question "Remind me what the multiple investigations turned up?" was asked.

Just like the trump-russia scenario, the resistance against this investigation will be a good barometer of what is at risk to being exposed.
Defensiveness is a classic indicator of guilt.
i think part of it is that people are starting to get a little fatigued of the seemingly endless tax payer funded clinton witch hunts.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
i think part of it is that people are starting to get a little fatigued of the seemingly endless tax payer funded clinton witch hunts.
Also, because it's kind of third-worldy. The President* is specifically directing an "investigation" into a political enemy over a well debunked conspiracy theory. If she looked like she had committed a crime, the Justice Dept would pursue her of it's own volition, it wouldn't need "direction" to do it's own job.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
FBI exists under the executive branch.
Good to know. I always thought they would be under Justice, which on the surface seems the more logical choice.
Why executive and not justice?

Edit - You always seem to see (hollyweird) or hear (news etc) about DA's working closely with police. This is why I thought under Justice. It does make sense to separate the two - kinda like accounting

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Good to know. I always thought they would be under Justice, which on the surface seems the more logical choice.
Why executive and not justice?
Because Justice is executive branch.

The so called "branches of government" are

Executive
Judical
Legislative

Those are pretty broad terms, I know. A short little primer here. One unfamiliar with our system might think that enforcement of law would occur under Judicial, but that is not the case. It is the Presidents job to enforce the law.

edit: Incidentally, the enforcement obligation by the executive is enough to have Trump impeached already. But so was the emoluments clause and were doing fuck all about that too.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also, because it's kind of third-worldy. The President* is specifically directing an "investigation" into a political enemy over a well debunked conspiracy theory. If she looked like she had committed a crime, the Justice Dept would pursue her of it's own volition, it wouldn't need "direction" to do it's own job.
11/3/2017:
"You know, the saddest thing is that because I'm the President of the United States I am not supposed to be involved with the Justice Department. I'm not supposed to be involved with the FBI. I'm not supposed to be doing the kinds of things that I would love to be doing and I am very frustrated by it."

Trump added, “I look at what's happening with the Justice Department, why aren't they going after Hillary Clinton with her emails and with her — the dossier, and the kind of money? I don't know. Is it possible that they paid $12.4 million for the dossier and how is it that — which is total phony, fake."

And: “I'll be honest, I'm very unhappy with it, that the Justice Department isn't going — now, maybe they are. But you know, as President — and I think you understand this — as a President, you are not supposed to be involved in that process. But hopefully they are doing something, and at some point, maybe we're going to all have it out.”

11/14/2017:
Deparment of Justice mulling launching investigation against Hillary Clinton.

Connect the dots was never my forte, but that very much looks like a public expression of the desire to steer the Justice Department. If the investigation was organic and wasn't founded in a conspiracy theory, sure, go ahead and investigate and let the truth come out, but this doesn't appear on the surface to be anything other than politically motivated retribution.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Sessions going all in. Good. He should have enough rope to hang with now.

Interestingly, he also seems to think that Clinton/Uranium one is FAKE NEWS!

Boy, I say, boy, hold it right there son, You can have your idea, but sometimes we have to study what the facts are and to evaluate whether it meets the standard that requires a special counsel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
so much winning here. :popcorn:

I voted for Trump. I am glad that he won but I wouldn't be so butt hurt if he didn't. It would just be the same old crap with Hillary. Maybe a bit of a tax hike to subsidize free college for all including ILLEGAL immigrants that have never paid a dime into our tax base.
Trump is probably going to be a disaster but not as bad as Clinton would have been. Dice rolled.....
Quoted from lounge to here, as this is not lounge material

Just curious to what you think a year later?

Also: most working illegals actually do pay into the system but being illegal do not receive benefits such as unemployement, social security, disability etc. So the folks doing day work for cash don't pay in, but most work under an alias and end up getting paycheck deductions, they also pay the same sales tax as everyone else.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Quoted from lounge to here, as this is not lounge material

Just curious to what you think a year later?

Also: most working illegals actually do pay into the system but being illegal do not receive benefits such as unemployement, social security, disability etc. So the folks doing day work for cash don't pay in, but most work under an alias and end up getting paycheck deductions, they also pay the same sales tax as everyone else.
I think he is moving very slow at making progress which most presidents do, just a little slower. The guy is under a microscope more than anyone else has ever been. It also seems like everything he does or says is picked apart to make him a bigot, racist, monster ect. I am not 100% in favor of the guy but I am certainly happy with what he is trying to do.

The haters need to accept him as their president, it's 4 years. Accept what is there and focus the hatred and dissatisfaction towards making a change that you feel is more acceptable to your person beliefs and values.

I think he is moving very slow at making progress which most presidents do, just a little slower. The guy is under a microscope more than anyone else has ever been. It also seems like everything he does or says is picked apart to make him a bigot, racist, monster ect. I am not 100% in favor of the guy but I am certainly happy with what he is trying to do.

The haters need to accept him as their president, it's 4 years. Accept what is there and focus the hatred and dissatisfaction towards making a change that you feel is more acceptable to your person beliefs and values.
You're happy that he's trying to deliver everything to our corporate overlords? I see.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

With all due respect... Youre an idiot.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
"Haters" ?

Hardly, when Trump has clearly demonstrated his gross incompetence, ability to jeopardize our global standing, and his willingness to tear apart our Democracy, then it is not hate, but genuine concern and fear for the well being of our country.

The fact that 38% of Americans approve of the job he's doing is absolutely disturbing to me. How anyone who is paying attention to this fiasco, can still approve is just beyond me. My guess is that a lot of his supporters aren't getting all the facts because, Fox News and everything else is FAKE news.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hey hey hey...how do you know the boogerdude doesn’t like incompetent judges; environmental denialism, for-profit schools, rampant cronyism, pussy grabbing, and handouts to the wealthy? maybe he hates the poors, the queers, the working class, the natural world, and the respect of the global community!

you guys sure are a bunch of judgy pricks!!!!!1!1!1!11!1!1!1!1eleventy!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i have family in Maine. they tend to be pretty conservative, but they HATE lepage. he's super unpopular in the state, thankfully he's up for reelection in '18.
parents were just visiting from maine; they’re aas liberal as they come...said lepage (who has wet dreams trump might pick him for something, someday) has maxed his run and is done in 18. only reason he’s in is there have been strong democratic and independent candidates running simultaneously with him in the past, either of whom would have been better, but who effectively canceled each other out.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

and Mexico will pay for it...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I think he is moving very slow at making progress which most presidents do, just a little slower. The guy is under a microscope more than anyone else has ever been. It also seems like everything he does or says is picked apart because he is a bigot, racist, monster ect. I am not 100% in favor of the guy but I am certainly happy with what he is trying to do.

Sane people need to accept him as their president, it's 4 years. Accept what is there and focus the hatred and dissatisfaction towards making a change that you feel is more acceptable to your person beliefs and values.
FT FY...