Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm not freaked out. I haven't day traded for a few years (maybe should start up again), I'm in it for the long run. Market is down all over the world, it will recover, as it always does.
I'm just going to put this here.

This is clearly nothing to be concerned about. Hasn't been hit since 1997 and it was hit on volume.

Obama was the worst thing to ever happen to the economy and was one of the greatest buying opportunities of the last century. Now we're taking losses on volatility not seen in decades and it's all about the long-term trade? Your a fucking hypocrite of massive scale.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm just going to put this here.

This is clearly nothing to be concerned about. Hasn't been hit since 1997 and it was hit on volume.

Obama was the worst thing to ever happen to the economy and was one of the greatest buying opportunities of the last century. Now we're taking losses on volatility not seen in decades and it's all about the long-term trade? Your a fucking hypocrite of massive scale.
I never blamed Obama for anything, I didn't care for him, but never threw myself on the ground having a temper tantrum like you do with Trump. He inherited a mess from Bush. Well, if I needed to survive off my 401K right now, I'd be a bit uneasy. But since I have no use for that money for at least 12 years, I'm not stressed. Real Estate market crashed after I drop a lot of coin on a house, did I get all upset? Well it sucked seeing someone pay $200K less for a similar home on my street, but I could still make my house payments. I weathered the storm and everything turned out ok. Did I like seeing my 401K go up 23% last year, you bet cha! Seeing it take a hit? Yeah it sucks, but as the real estate market crash, I'll weather the storm once again, like the others that have money invested it will end up being okay down the road.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
I never blamed Obama for anything, I didn't care for him, but never threw myself on the ground having a temper tantrum like you do with Trump. He inherited a mess from Bush. Well, if I needed to survive off my 401K right now, I'd be a bit uneasy. But since I have no use for that money for at least 12 years, I'm not stressed. Real Estate market crashed after I drop a lot of coin on a house, did I get all upset? Well it sucked seeing someone pay $200K less for a similar home on my street, but I could still make my house payments. I weathered the storm and everything turned out ok. Did I like seeing my 401K go up 23% last year, you bet cha! Seeing it take a hit? Yeah it sucks, but as the real estate market crash, I'll weather the storm once again, like the others that have money invested it will end up being okay down the road.
Brian, at what point do you (or other remaining trump supporters) come to the realization that this has been a failed presidency that has made the country less safe, less prosperous and less respectable? All I've been hearing from trump supporters is "the economy!" - which we know doesn't really reflect the financial well-being of Americans... but now it's crashed, hard, as a result of trump's stupidity and incompetence, yet you're dancing around it and playing it off. When does it end?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Brian, at what point do you (or other remaining trump supporters) come to the realization that this has been a failed presidency that has made the country less safe, less prosperous and less respectable? All I've been hearing from trump supporters is "the economy!" - which we know doesn't really reflect the financial well-being of Americans... but now it's crashed, hard, as a result of trump's stupidity and incompetence, yet you're dancing around it and playing it off. When does it end?
The market is down throughout the world. The global stock market has nothing to do with Trump, he did not cause the crash. This large hit today has a lot to do with the travel industry, airlines, cruise company's, hotels etc. FYI, job numbers were up in February and unemployment also went down last month. Trump is correct on bringing manufacturing back here to the US. From what I understand China makes just about all of our Antibiotics. That gives China the upper hand. You can't blame Trump because Apple is unable to build iPhones and ship them here from China. The global market is hurting from this virus, no one is winning

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Apparently it's not going to end *today*... :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:rofl:

It will NEVER happen.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
The market is down throughout the world. The global stock market has nothing to do with Trump, he did not cause the crash. This large hit today has a lot to do with the travel industry, airlines, cruise company's, hotels etc. FYI, job numbers were up in February and unemployment also went down last month. Trump is correct on bringing manufacturing back here to the US. From what I understand China makes just about all of our Antibiotics. That gives China the upper hand. You can't blame Trump because Apple is unable to build iPhones and ship them here from China. The global market is hurting from this virus, no one is winning
So trump having fired the pandemic team, downplayed the risks inherent with the virus, fumbled the need for widespread testing supplies and appointing a man who oversaw a massive HIV outbreak as point man here had nothing to do with our markets crashing or the virus continuing to spread? Is that what you're arguing here? NYSE/NASDAQ are the two most valuable stock markets in the world - are you saying trump had no ability to halt or slow this downward trend with even semi-coherent leadership?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So trump having fired the pandemic team, downplayed the risks inherent with the virus, fumbled the need for widespread testing supplies and appointing a man who oversaw a massive HIV outbreak as point man here had nothing to do with our markets crashing or the virus continuing to spread? Is that what you're arguing here? NYSE/NASDAQ are the two most valuable stock markets in the world - are you saying trump had no ability to halt or slow this downward trend with leadership?
It's Obama's fault that people are catching Chinese bat AIDS.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So trump having fired the pandemic team, downplayed the risks inherent with the virus, fumbled the need for widespread testing supplies and appointing a man who oversaw a massive HIV outbreak as point man here had nothing to do with our markets crashing or the virus continuing to spread? Is that what you're arguing here? NYSE/NASDAQ are the two most valuable stock markets in the world - are you saying trump had no ability to halt or slow this downward trend with leadership?
"I have lowered interest rates more than any president before to prop up the market. It's not *MY* fault that investors are so dumb."
-Nostradumbass

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So many things in this statement are false that I'm not even going to try and reconcile it for everybody because I'm too tired from today and you wouldn't even listen if I did.

Also, antibiotics are completely irrelevant to a conversation about viruses. It's like saying that your ICE truck is out of gas, so you need to plug it in to charge it so that you can keep driving. Yes, antibiotics kill biotics and bacteria, but we need anti-virals because THIS IS A FUCKING VIRUS!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So many things in this statement are false that I'm not even going to try and reconcile it for everybody because I'm too tired from today and you wouldn't even listen if I did.

Also, antibiotics are completely irrelevant to a conversation about viruses. It's like saying that your ICE truck is out of gas, so you need to plug it in to charge it so that you can keep driving. Yes, antibiotics kill biotics and bacteria, but we need anti-virals because THIS IS A FUCKING VIRUS!
Brian are smrat

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
not sure why you think that all our antibiotics come from china either. I worked on an antibiotic fill line in new york. it was a shit job but hey.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
not sure why you think that all our antibiotics come from china either. I worked on an antibiotic fill line in new york. it was a shit job but hey.
India also produces a large amount of generics too. Most generics are made international, but name brand are most often made domestic. It's a big part as to why they are so fucking expensive - the domestic labor costs are much higher.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I worked an antibiotic fill line in Virginia, I liked it, but hey.

We sold a lot to China.

Unfortunately the drug does not work on antibiotic resistant strains of viruses like Covid 19. :D

Last edited: