Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tom Barrack said this week the Trump team wants to avoid a "circus-like atmosphere" in favor of a more "back to work" mindset that surrounds Trump "with the soft sensuality of the place."
Since when?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trump's $25 billion wall would be nearly impossible to build

But what do architects know about walls, anyway?

Members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the American Society of Civil Engineers, which include architects and engineers around the country, are both bound by codes of ethics, which might conflict with building a border-wall. The codes include statements like, "Members should uphold human rights in all their professional endeavors" and "exercise unprejudiced and unbiased judgment."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Like ethics, human rights and professionalism ever bothered the Donald. He will find someone to design it...getting it built will be another feat...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But serious question that started on facebook.

Should members of congress be REQUIRED to attend the inauguration?

I have a crazy family member who feels any member of congress who skips it should be fired. I don't recall the GOP making a fuss over not going, but I know they got together to put together a plan.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
But serious question that started on facebook.

Should members of congress be REQUIRED to attend the inauguration?

I have a crazy family member who feels any member of congress who skips it should be fired. I don't recall the GOP making a fuss over not going, but I know they got together to put together a plan.
Any GoP types noted as skipping Obamas inaugurations without a note from their doctor or Epsteins mother?

If Orange Foolious is serious about cutting spending, he would forego the inauguration and just get sworn in with a short Oval Office ceremony and get right to work. Start at the beginning.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Any GoP types noted as skipping Obamas inaugurations without a note from their doctor or Epsteins mother?

If Orange Foolious is serious about cutting spending, he would forego the inauguration and just get sworn in with a short Oval Office ceremony. Start at the beginning.
Don't worry, his true constituents are paying out of their own pockets.
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/314318-trump-raises-record-90m-for-inauguration?amp

I am sure they expect nothing in return, they just love a good party.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't worry, his true constituents are paying out of their own pockets.
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/314318-trump-raises-record-90m-for-inauguration?amp

I am sure they expect nothing in return, they just love a good party.
Ironically according to the Seattle Times, Boeing will be laying people off the same day as the inauguration for cost savings, yup they expect nothing in return, they just have extra million in pocket change kicking around.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Jeebus - is it 2020 yet?

I wish i could stay here in Europe for another 4 yrs and let this mess blow over.
I'm also suffering from Trump fatigue. The guy isn't even in office yet and i'm already exhausted from reading about the unabated stream of bullshit he emanates. Looking at the Washington Post (which has been far more outspoken in opposition to Trump compared to the New York Times) for the past year, it's painful to see serious publications trying to properly deal with his output.

But i'm afraid the mess has already arrived in Europe without any help from Trump. The Netherlands will vote in March and their very own orange xenophobe is leading the polls while Theresa May just said with a straight face that she is working on an open, truly international Britain. The first step to achieving this will be leaving the European Union. Regrettably it appears that people the world over have lost their minds.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
One can reasonably blame the Media Industry for Trump...

"The media are engaged in an orgy of navel-gazing about the Donald Trump presidency, but they’re totally, utterly, absolutely, no-way-in-hell willing to gaze at their own navel.

The networks — whose first priority since Reagan killed the Fairness Doctrine is profitability rather than informing the public — are no doubt salivating about the next 4 years of daily eruptions from the White House. They’re clearly betting The Donald Trump Reality Show: POTUS Version will provide an ongoing revenue stream, whereas a Hillary presidency would merely have been competent and boring, and thus not as profitable for the media."

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/16/the-trump-story-media-dare-not-utter-they-sacrificed-democracy-for-ratings_partner/#.WHynhiVr7Y8.facebook