Quantcast

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Moore's campaign spokesman... literally mouth agape in silence upon learning, on live TV, that the law does not require an elected official to be sworn in on the christian bible
Got a link? I've been looking for this and apparently my google fu is weak.
Came here to post this. Clearly too late. Gonna do it any way :banana:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I suspect that with the election being decided by young people, people of color, and women, that this will inspire the GOP to build a bigger tent double their voter suppression efforts.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
there was another Alabama guy on the news yesterday, Moore supporter/spokesman, rallying behind the bible and law, and being schooled on the separation of church and state. He all but said he doesn't agree with the separation, and wasn't interested in acknowledging it on air.

I looked for the clip but can't find it anywhere.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I find the voter age distribution rather interesting. I don't have the motivation to really analyze the real numbers but with older voters being significantly more conservative than youngers ones, the GOP is literally dying. Assuming people do not change their political leanings at a certain birthday, taking a SWAG I would guess that by 2018 the GOP would lose about .5% of their voters by 2018 (compared to 2016) and more than 1% by 2020.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Classic

on Roy Moore and Steve Bannon

"At the risk of sounding like every liberal Yankee bogeyman flitting through the minds of the assembled, this event was completely nuts. It was a naked appeal to unreason. It was the Rose Parade of empowered ignorance. It was the Royal Wedding of Stupid and Mean. It was the Celebration of the Lizard Brain. The Id was in the saddle, and it was riding the crowd, and the barker at this particular carnival of fools was quite happy to bring all the suckers in out of the Alabama dark and into the freak show he’d created."

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a14415471/roy-moore-last-rally/

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Okay cool but...........

Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton here by 27 points in the 2016 election, almost exactly the same number as Alabama’s black population. The Democratic Party had left the state’s party members for dead. It didn’t think they had a chance. A Democrat winning a statewide election is as rare as a good Taylor Swift song. It doesn’t happen. Ever.

Except that it did. Because ... black people.

Black people saved your ass again, America. Because of black people, senators might be able to stop Congress from making it rain on the top 1 percent with the GOP billionaire tax plan.

So uh.....what were you guys up to last November for fuck's sake? By that same logic, "thanks for trump"

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Okay cool but...........

Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton here by 27 points in the 2016 election, almost exactly the same number as Alabama’s black population. The Democratic Party had left the state’s party members for dead. It didn’t think they had a chance. A Democrat winning a statewide election is as rare as a good Taylor Swift song. It doesn’t happen. Ever.

Except that it did. Because ... black people.

Black people saved your ass again, America. Because of black people, senators might be able to stop Congress from making it rain on the top 1 percent with the GOP billionaire tax plan.

So uh.....what were you guys up to last November for fuck's sake? By that same logic, "thanks for trump"
Probably too busy shooting each other.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I would be willing to bet that there are enough publishers foaming at the mouth at the chance to publish her version of things. If you listen to her statement she baits the hook for them..."it is a profound story, that I know the world will want to hear." She is looking for the $$$.

"Sanders, asked directly in follow-up questioning, could not say how many senior staffers in the White House are African-American..."
Certainly there are too many to count...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A lot of people think all attorneys try cases and go to court, because that's what they see on TV, nothing could be further from the truth, but if you are vying to be a judge, you damn well sure better have tried cases and gone to court and know what the hell you are doing.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Cant spell complicit without "G. O. P."

"The Trump transition team was led by Vice President-elect Mike Pence. It originally had six vice-chairs, which was expanded on November 29, 2016 to thirteen vice-chairs: Ben Carson, Chris Christie (previously head of the transition from May 2016 through election day), Michael Flynn (incoming National Security Advisor), Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Jeff Sessions (incoming Attorney General), with the addition of K. T. McFarland (incoming Deputy National Security Advisor), Gov. Mary Fallin, Sen. Tim Scott, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (previously on the executive committee), Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Rep. Tom Reed, and outgoing Rep. Cynthia Lummis.[74][75][76]
The transition team also had an Executive Committee which included:
  • Rep. Devin Nunes
    • House Intelligence (Chair)
  • Rep. Trey Gowdy
    • House Oversight (Chair)
    • House Intelligence
    • House Judiciary
  • Rep Cynthia Lummis
    • House Oversight
  • Rep. Tom Marino
    • House Judiciary
  • Rep. Dennis Ross