Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/justice-department-official-brand-leaves-partly-over-fear-she-might-n847156

R-Rod is a goner.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a17045435/republican-state-legislatures-war-on-judiciary/

Well that's not terrifying or anything. Nothing quite like open (and supported) contempt for the rule of law and separation of powers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-budget-would-slash-spending-domestic-programs-entitlements-n847141

I coulda sworn we did something with recently with $1.5B that would have paid for all this infrastructure stuff...:confused:

Banana Republic.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/politics/jared-kushner-background-check-form/index.html

Brilliant...just fucking brilliant. I hold a TS/SCI clearance, and I got mine through the first go...as I took the SF86 process seriously and put some effort into it. Its not hard to get cleared, as long as you arent trying to hide anything, and you take the process seriously. What a douche...
My agency has messed up a bunch of these too, what happens is the agency never has the investigators do "part 2" of the background investigation. Part 1 gives you the interim clearance, then your agency has to get "Part 2" done. At least with us, it's not the responsibility of the FBI or any one else, even though some records are cleared through them, it's our agency that runs the process.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility

And other Fox and Friends stories.

Barely a year into his first term, the populist president has shown inconsistent commitment at best to the three planks that have defined his party since the Reagan era: fiscal responsibility, traditional family values and a strong national defense. With the GOP's fiscal responsibility now in question, the party's commitment to family values also continues to suffer as Trump and some high-profile allies struggle under the weight of repeated allegations of sexual misconduct and abuse.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My agency has messed up a bunch of these too, what happens is the agency never has the investigators do "part 2" of the background investigation. Part 1 gives you the interim clearance, then your agency has to get "Part 2" done. At least with us, it's not the responsibility of the FBI or any one else, even though some records are cleared through them, it's our agency that runs the process.
Multi point failure. Clown didnt take it seriously, and no one had the huevos to step up and say "Uhh, dude, you cant be here/handle classified/listen to this brief" etc. Perfect for the way this (mis)administration has done so far.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Multi point failure. Clown didnt take it seriously, and no one had the huevos to step up and say "Uhh, dude, you cant be here/handle classified/listen to this brief" etc. Perfect for the way this (mis)administration has done so far.
Doesn't sound like it:

At the daily briefing on Tuesday, Sanders was asked by reporters how Wray’s testimony that Porter’s background check was complete squared with her prior claim the procedure was ongoing. Sanders said “both” were true because the FBI passed along its reports to the White House Personnel Security Office, which still “had not finished” its own review.
"Had not finished" means it went into the round file when it was sent back from the FBI. That's exactly what happened with my agency, they "forgot" to finish the background checks. WH is trying to spin this like they didn't drop the ball. They dropped the ball.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
In my experience, there is no "ongoing." Until the background is finished, you simply are excluded from any and all briefings with classified content. You may attend briefings, but when the content rises to a level above your current clearance, you are told to leave. And the "Well, his background is ongoing..." doesnt work. "Forgetting to finish" is a breech of national security and could/should result in charges for dereliction of duty being brought against the responsible parties. "Forgetting to finish" in my world would simply result in a clearance not being awarded.

Agree that the ball was dropped. But in his case, no one gave a shit that it was dropped.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
In my experience, there is no "ongoing." Until the background is finished, you simply are excluded from any and all briefings with classified content. You may attend briefings, but when the content rises to a level above your current clearance, you are told to leave. And the "Well, his background is ongoing..." doesnt work. "Forgetting to finish" is a breech of national security and could/should result in charges for dereliction of duty being brought against the responsible parties. "Forgetting to finish" in my world would simply result in a clearance not being awarded.

Agree that the ball was dropped. But in his case, no one gave a shit that it was dropped.
Perhaps in the military, but the White House doesn't play by the same rules.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/porter-security-clearance/553214/

The FBI simply recommends whether an individual should be granted clearance or not. It is up to the Executive Branch to act on it, if they don't, like in this case, the individual can more or less operate on the interim basis indefinitely. Short of the administration publicly having your back in spite of pictures floating around of the two ex-wives you punched in the face, I'm sure it rarely comes back to bite them.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Perhaps in the military, but the White House doesn't play by the same rules.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/porter-security-clearance/553214/

The FBI simply recommends whether an individual should be granted clearance or not. It is up to the Executive Branch to act on it, if they don't, like in this case, the individual can more or less operate on the interim basis indefinitely. Short of the administration publicly having your back in spite of pictures floating around of the two ex-wives you punched in the face, I'm sure it rarely comes back to bite them.
Yeah, and it helps that military clearances/background checks normally do not involve the FBI. They are performed by contractors who are paid on commission basis. Ironic that the clearance level and the rules are the same...

Whats more frustrating is that we are threatened with jail time over seepages and breaches, losing a clearance for cause is a career ender, and clearances can be lost/suspended for things such as a valid prescription for an opiate. Witness the military folks who screamed bloody murder over (S)Hilarys email server and the "lost" emails...we are held to such a different standard than our elected and appointed officials.

Also worth noting that "interim clearances" do not, afik, exist for anything above Secret. Interim only serves to get you into the office/work, and Secret info is not really that secret in the end.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So let me get this straight. You dont believe the story about the tryst(s), but you are so devoted to tRump that you would pay her a big chunk of money, out of your own pocket, to not talk about what you say didnt happen anyway? Without expecting any sort of payback? Yeah, sure, I believe you...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/michael-cohen-payment-analysis/index.html
i guess there's a slim chance he was paying her because he just didn't wanna hear about what goes on with orange julius and didn't wanna be grossed out

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So let me get this straight. You dont believe the story about the tryst(s), but you are so devoted to tRump that you would pay her a big chunk of money, out of your own pocket, to not talk about what you say didnt happen anyway? Without expecting any sort of payback? Yeah, sure, I believe you...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/michael-cohen-payment-analysis/index.html
i guess there's a slim chance he was paying her because he just didn't wanna hear about what goes on with orange julius and didn't wanna be grossed out
Donny Two Scoops's attorney is, unless I'm mistaken, a lawyer. Who are not known for their willingness to part with money or for having thin skin.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I will say this, if she fucked him for money she is certainly devoted to her craft. America needs more craftswomen like her!

Not to mention she is probably into freaky shit, as I am 100% sure she was blindfolded...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
My country isnt “that” much better unfortunately, we dont even need fox news for that... The difference is that its very small and insignificant compared to yours so nobody cares including me. Ive given up hope in humanity a long ass time ago and im just trying to make the best of my time here without reproducing.

Its pretty much the best anyone can do...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I bet Trump is psyched about this school shooting...distraction time
Thing is, not too long ago, if I had read your comment regarding a POTUS, my head would do a Linda Blair - exorcist style.
Now... meh

Sad part of this is that the report of another school shooting provoked pretty much the same reaction.

Another one? That is so sad, how many now this year? - pass the sugar please dear...

Humanity is so fucked.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The NRA is responsible for the deaths of so many Americans that if it was based in Africa or the middle east, we'd be attacking it with drones. It has been a terrorist organization since the Institute for Legislative Action preformed it's coup of the NRA in 1977.
Peppridge farms remembers.
In addition to being a terrorist orginization, they are traitors, too.