Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Such pardoning would create such a legal shitstorm. However, it seems clear to me that a president who pardons himself may avoid criminal punishment but this would be an admission of guilt and pretty much a quick and clear path to impeachment and removal from office.
I have serious doubts that the current congress would impeach the President* under any scenario.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have serious doubts that the current congress would impeach the President* under any scenario.
Hopefully congress will look very different in a year than it does now. But I have no confidence in the American voter to pull their heads out of their asses.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
regardless of party affiliation or being liberal or conservative.they ll had Trump near the bottom of the swamp

Official Results of the 2018 Presidents & Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey
Brandon Rottinghaus, University of Houston
Justin S. Vaughn, Boise State University

About the Survey The 2018 Presidents & Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey was conducted online via Qualtrics from December 22, 2017 to January 16, 2018. Respondents were current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics.

320 respondents were invited to participate, and 170 usable responses were received, yielding a 53.1% response rate. 1

Rating and Ranking the Presidents The primary purpose of this survey was to create a ranking of presidential greatness that covered all presidents from George Washington to Donald Trump. To do this, we first asked respondents to rate each president on a scale of 0-100 for their overall greatness, with 0=failure, 50=average, and 100=great. We then We then averaged the ratings for each president and ranked them from highest average to lowest

https://sps.boisestate.edu/politicalscience/files/2018/02/Greatness.pdf

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so what's the over / under on Mueller's investigation ultimately converging with the FBI's investigation of whether or not the NRA accepted donations from Russians that may or may not have ties to the Kremlin?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
so what's the over / under on Mueller's investigation ultimately converging with the FBI's investigation of whether or not the NRA accepted donations from Russians that may or may not have ties to the Kremlin?

I am guessing a Republican controlled Congress would fire Mueller themselves if he implicated the NRA.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
he's probably also anti-immigrant..... only if they're brown:

"Miller said he had multiple phone calls with people from the group. He noticed that a man with whom he spoke did not speak English fluently, he told CNN, but assumed he was speaking to a first-generation immigrant who supported Trump."

"He never suspected he was speaking to Russians, he told CNN on Tuesday. "Not one clue. What would you think? A guy calls you and you talk to him and you build up a rapport over a period of time, you're nice to him because you understand he has a dialect and his language is a little hard to understand, but you think he's probably an immigrant here.""

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
will it flip?
My inclination is to still say "no". Because:

I have one to add from our earlier discussion. Paul Manafort. Best case scenario Manafort is spending the rest of his life in jail, if he doesn't get a bad case of polonium in his food. Mueller is already throwing the book at him. Pretty sure the new charges are because Paully isn't playing nice and Mueller is tired of his shit. He's going to die in a cell, it's just a question of how/when, and if he throws Fifth Column Don under the bus too.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The President just ordered flags at half staff for the death of Billy Graham. You’ve got to be fucking shitting me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
can't die off fast enough.

I think the statistics would be interesting, but I would put money on Trump supporters having some of the highest mortality rates. Based only on age, I estimate that if the 2016 were held in 2018, trump would lose a full percentage point due to mortality.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think the statistics would be interesting, but I would put money on Trump supporters having some of the highest mortality rates. Based only on age, I estimate that if the 2016 were held in 2018, trump would lose a full percentage point due to mortality.
GCS.