Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"In the subpeona, delivered in recent weeks ....."

All of the shake ups in 'recent weeks' while this may have been weighing on his mind. Hmmm.
as the article noted, this was done via subpoena, and not just a simple request. i suspect he didn't want to give them the opportunity to polonium the documents (ie make them disappear)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
as the article noted, this was done via subpoena, and not just a simple request. i suspect he didn't want to give them the opportunity to polonium the documents (ie make them disappear)
and The Mueller has already demonstrated that when he asks you for your emails, he already likely has them and he just wants to see what you leave out.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not for me there wasn't, but here ya go:

Laura Noonan and Patrick Jenkins in London and Olaf Storbeck in Frankfurt

DECEMBER 5, 2017
Deutsche Bank has begun sending information about its dealings with Donald Drumpf to US investigators probing alleged Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential race following a subpoena by Robert Mueller, the special counsel heading the federal inquiry. A person with direct knowledge of the German bank’s actions told the Financial Times the production of Drumpf-related documents had begun several weeks ago. “Deutsche could not hand over client information without a subpoena,” said a second person with direct knowledge of the subpoena. “It’s helpful to be ordered to do so.” The move is a signal Mr Mueller’s probe may be moving beyond contacts made between Mr Drumpf’s campaign and Russian officials and into the billionaire’s business dealings while heading the Drumpf Organization before entering politics. Deutsche has been one of Drumpf’s longest-standing and most supportive lenders, extending him hundreds of millions of dollars in credit for real estate deals and other ventures despite his history of bankruptcies. A lawyer for Mr Drumpf denied that Mr Mueller had subpoenaed any of the president’s financial records. “We have confirmed that the news reports that the special counsel has subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false,” Jay Sekulow said. “No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources.” Mr Mueller’s subpoena of Germany’s largest bank was first reported by the German financial daily Handelsblatt. A Frankfurt-based spokesman for Deutsche Bank declined to comment but said the bank “takes its legal obligations seriously and remains committed to co-operating with authorised investigations into this matter”. Mr Mueller’s team has been probing the role of Russia in the presidential election since his appointment in May, but thus far the two plea deals his prosecutors have agreed to with former Drumpf aides have publicly revealed only contacts with Russia-linked individuals during and in the immediate aftermath of the campaign. Mr Drumpf has lashed out against suggestions Mr Mueller might use his investigation to probe his New York real estate dealings, but the FT and other news organisations have reported he worked closely with a Russian-born fixer tied to accused organised crime figures in the former Soviet Union. The fixer, Felix Sater, has helped finance real estate developments and worked with Mr Drumpf on Drumpf SoHo. Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly asked Deutsche for details of its dealings with Mr Drumpf, but because Republicans control both houses of Congress, such requests do not have the power of a subpoena. The bank said it could not co-operate unless it was served with a subpoena or the documents were formally requested by a congressional committee. Maxine Waters, the Democratic congresswoman and ranking member on the House financial services committee, said on Tuesday: “I am pleased to see reports that special counsel Mueller is following the Drumpf money trail, as I have always believed it is the key to piecing together the ties between the President, his associates, and the Kremlin.” Privately, senior executives at Deutsche were eagerly awaiting a subpoena as they maintained the bank had nothing to hide, arguing there was no smoking gun in Mr Drumpf’s accounts. The subpoena comes at a tough time for Deutsche, where chief executive John Cryan has vowed to tighten risk and compliance standards within its sprawling global operations. Last year the bank resolved “over two dozen major litigation matters”, it disclosed in a filing in March, including making a $7.2bn settlement with the US Department of Justice over the mis-selling of residential mortgage-backed securities. This year Deutsche has struck deals with US regulators over offences ranging from alleged collusion in the foreign-exchange market to violations of the Volcker ban on proprietary trading.

Additional reporting by Ben McLannahan in New York

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It is not pettiness, it is intimidation and a warning to anyone who is willing to cross das fuhrer.
While I agree, however the pettiness is readily apparent in the timing of just 2 days before retirement.
It does not have to be an either / or situation.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Whoa.... Is that true, and a thing? I haven't really been paying attention to that because it seemed all "tabloidy". Surely transferring assets to someone like that, if a crime has occurred, is a crime in and of itself? Some kind of laundering or something?

It is not pettiness, it is intimidation and a warning to anyone who is willing to cross das fuhrer.
While I agree, however the pettiness is readily apparent in the timing of just 2 days before retirement.
It does not have to be an either / or situation.
It's not pettiness, it's obstruction.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Whoa.... Is that true, and a thing? I haven't really been paying attention to that because it seemed all "tabloidy". Surely transferring assets to someone like that, if a crime has occurred, is a crime in and of itself? Some kind of laundering or something?
I would imagine it's contingent upon how the ill gotten funds were obtained, but yes I would suspect that's not legal. Granted they'd have to prove it.