Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Thanks Trumpet! Who needs a planet anyway...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44067797
Bundle these three and put them in the "Suicide isn't painless" thread. Were doing the Nation-state equivalent of cut everyone out of your life, and engaging in increasingly dangerous death wish type behavior. The country is suicidal.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
same here.

times changed...

americans are fat and lazy.
There was an article about hiring white guys vs a fist full of illegals. One landscaper said he won't bother with a white guy when he could get 3 brown dudes that each do 10x more work for the same price.

It's a sweatshop without a roof.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
There was an article about hiring white guys vs a fist full of illegals. One landscaper said he won't bother with a white guy when he could get 3 brown dudes that each do 10x more work for the same price.

this has been true for decades.

but, sweatshops don't let employees leave. The brown dudes come and go to work, willingly...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

When I was 19 I got a job roofing/light construction. When hired I was told that I better bust my ass as he could hire two illegals for the massive $5 an hour I was making. Three weeks in he doubled my rate as not only did I work hard but I could be dropped off at sites and could get the job done with no supervision.

I probably learned more about project management that summer than any of our professional project managers here at work will ever know. At least the important bits, not the .ppt part.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We pay $14 an hour for farm labor here. This year we are participating in the H2A visa program due to a lack of domestic labor. I haven't seen a white guy in an orchard, besides myself, doing farm labor, more than 5 times in my life.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We pay $14 an hour for farm labor here. This year we are participating in the H2A visa program due to a lack of domestic labor. I haven't seen a white guy in an orchard, besides myself, doing farm labor, more than 5 times in my life.
There was an old article in the Seattle Times about a farmer who tried to recruit the homeless/jobless in Seattle to work. There were no takers. I should see if I can dig it up.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
they can't even keep their tent cities clean... You taken a drive down 509 lately, Westy?

Where do they even get all the crap to make that much of a mess?

Oh, right. They steal it from me....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
they can't even keep their tent cities clean... You taken a drive down 509 lately, Westy?

Where do they even get all the crap to make that much of a mess?

Oh, right. They steal it from me....
No, nothing good ever happens when I go south of the cut. But all I have to do is go near the canal to see giant piles of homeless generated garbage. What really puzzles me is that none of seems useful nor is the remains of something useful. perhaps there is street value to things like broken tennis raquettes and soggy piniatas.

I have said it before but lack of housing does not seem to be the main cause of homelessness, it would seem as though mental and substance abuse really drives it. Yeah a heroin addict, schizophrenic or someone else existing on the margins of society is less likely to homeless if they can find a $30/week bedroom, but they have larger underlying problems.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
When hired I was told that I better bust my ass as he could hire two illegals for the massive $5 an hour I was making. Three weeks in he doubled my rate as not only did I work hard but I could be dropped off at sites and could get the job done with no supervision.
Sounds like the fear of illegals taking your jerbs is great for productivity. Trump is stimulating the economy just by tweeting about caravans of brown people coming to take away your livelihood.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LOL she's just getting roasted.
I'm pretty sure she deserves the roasting:

"It starts overseas — we have seven plants in Asia, where the hinges are manufactured. They are shipped to the Lucerne plant outside Detroit, inspected, repackaged and sent to another auto supplier for assembly before being shipped to Toledo for installation on the vehicle."

If this is true... I'm failing to see what sort of *actual* jobs she is creating locally. So her people here in the states inspect and repackage hinges? WTF is that? :confused:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm pretty sure she deserves the roasting:

"It starts overseas — we have seven plants in Asia, where the hinges are manufactured. They are shipped to the Lucerne plant outside Detroit, inspected, repackaged and sent to another auto supplier for assembly before being shipped to Toledo for installation on the vehicle."

If this is true... I'm failing to see what sort of *actual* jobs she is creating locally. So her people here in the states inspect and repackage hinges? WTF is that? :confused:
she's just letting it "trickle down"