Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Thats the whole point...obscure and obfuscate the real stories...BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI!

Dont forget her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Treason is a pretty fucked up concept. It emerges from the concept that a government owns its citizens rather than vice versa. If, say, Topeka were to enact such a local statute would it be deemed reasonable?
Serious question. Isn't this basically a "sovereign citizen" argument? My gut reaction when I read this yesterday was "Holy shit, John's right. That's fucked", but what keeps that concept from being applied to most laws? Because Treason is against a government and most other crime, murder for example, occurs against other people? What about corporate espionage? Does that crime not count because a business doesn't own a person?

A year or two ago, I read a longish analytical essay about the concept of citizenship. The core argument was that citizenship entails a claim by a state on a person requiring, say, payment of taxes, military service, sometimes conformance to a religion, and conformance to laws and certain customs.

Any wish I have to be a citizen is to be a citizen of the world. I happen to be a citizen of the United States of America because they claimed me at birth.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Any wish I have to be a citizen is to be a citizen of the world. I
So you support the secret world government! :tinfoil:

In seriousness, I only recently discovered the concept of "postnationalism". While I agree with both the aforementioned concept as a working theory, and most of what you say, IMO it's a fairly Utopian (i.e. probably unrealistic) ideal. Humanity is going to have to go through some pretty serious intellectual evolution first.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry, I am sure all of you 'Mericans have said the Pledge of Allegiance. Here is the definition of allegiance for any of you that may have forgotten your promise of servitude and obedience.

Allegiance: commitment of a subordinate to a superior or of an individual to a group or cause

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thats the whole point...obscure and obfuscate the real stories...BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI!

Dont forget her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...her emails...
you're forgetting BENGHAZEMAILS!!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Over under on impeachment released

A combination of controversy, scandal and low polling numbers have prompted oddsmakers at a U.K. betting house to predict President Donald Trump would likely either be impeached or resign – or both – before the upstart politician’s first term in the White House officially comes to an end in 2020, according to a new report. The odds for an impeachment to happen were given a 4/5 chance of happening as of Friday, according to Inverse, a website that describes itself in part by asking “ What could happen next? ”

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a53491/regretful-trump-voters/

"Holy mother of god, I'm tired of reading quotes from people who live in places where the local economy went to hell or Mexico in 1979, and who have spent the intervening years swallowing whatever Jesus Juice was offered up by theocratic bunco artists of the Christocentric Right, and gulping down great flagons of barely disguised hatemongering against the targets of the day, all the while voting against their own best interests, now claiming that empowering Donald Trump as the man who will "shake things up" on their behalf was the only choice they had left. You had plenty of choices left."

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Follow the money. Who owns the private company?
I bet you a shiny quarter this turns out like the rick scott/florida testing welfare recipients for drugs thing. We'll find out in a month that the governors "wife" owns/operates/is heavily invested in what ever company administrates this whole thing.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Although a step in the right direction, there are so many more to be taken before 45 even approaches being an adult, legitimate POTUS.

Next step, get your daughter and her idiot husband out of 1600...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/05/steven-bannon-no-longer-a-member-of-national-security-council/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_bannon-1217p:homepage/story&utm_term=.3235385430c1

Interesting. Has the administration learned its lesson (doubtful) and started getting it together? Or is this simply another smokescreen to distract from the myriad of issues plaguing it?
When I heard that today the first thing that came to my mind was, this is in preparation for our nuclear war with North Korea.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Although a step in the right direction,
Nah it just means we're going to war.

part of a sweeping staff reshuffling that elevated key military and intelligence officials to greater roles on the council and left Bannon far less involved in shaping the administration’s day-to-day national security policy.

They're just moving him somewhere else to better position him for setting up the concentration camps.