Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Read this.
It's important.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/29/trump-is-now-talking-about-consolidating-his-own-power/?utm_term=.7bc9ce79192d

Just went to a talk by a holocost survivor (actually kindertransport).
The parallels he drew between the nascent Nazi movement and Trump's rhetoric was troubling.
And this kind of talk was EXACTLY what Hitler demanded of his government when he came to power, a changing of the rules to make his decrees more readily adapted. In PRECISELY those words..."For the good of the Nation".
Truly uncanny.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
No wall, no way

And for military spending:
"$2.5 billion contingent upon the Trump administration showing Congress a plan to defeat ISIS."

He has the best plan, so this shouldn't be an issue. :rofl:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, 'There's no reason for this...its too bad I AM DEAD, or maybe I could convince them Yankees to acquiesce to the deamnds of the Southanas..."

This guy tosses word salad better than Caribou Barbie...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/opinion/trumps-tax-cuts-may-be-more-damaging-than-reagans.html?_r=0

Has the memory of the Reagan debacle faded enough for this once again to be considered a good idea? Also, why does the belief exist that the GDP can grow 4% annually to inifinitum? Perhaps my lack of education beyond basic economics is showing, but it seems unreasonable to think that things can grow grow grow all the time.
Even though Reagan trickle down economics has been proven a failure by numerous economists, die hard Republicans still think it worked.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Even though Reagan trickle down economics has been proven a failure by numerous economists, die hard Republicans still think it worked.
The smart ones know that it doesn't work, they just don't care if it benefits them.

See Kansas as the perfect example of the failure of trickle down. A case study that we may get to see nationally. It will have some measureable benefits that some may see as good, such as a bump in the stock market, but in the long term 99% of the population will suffer.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/opinion/trumps-tax-cuts-may-be-more-damaging-than-reagans.html?_r=0

Perhaps my lack of education beyond basic economics is showing, but it seems unreasonable to think that things can grow grow grow all the time.
The sad truth is a large portion of the country either don't recall it not working, or think it is somehow different this time and they don't want to hear it won't work.

Taxes = bad.
So then
Tax Cuts = Gooder

Your basic econ class is a lot more than some folks in the red states.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
This picture...so gross...45 reminds me of the old ladies who would layer on so much makeup that you could smell it. And she must be sitting there thinking "Why did I do this??? WTF is wrong with me...why was I such a desperate money grubbing gold digging cvnt? I could have banged better...but for less $$..."

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I wonder if they share foundation with each other. And the Oompa Loompas. That Chernobyl-esque glow they've got is on point, perhaps it should be called nuclear warfare orange.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I wonder if they share foundation with each other. And the Oompa Loompas. That Chernobyl-esque glow they've got is on point, perhaps it should be called nuclear warfare orange.
Here's a nasty mental image for you all. Is he that colour all over and feel pity for the poor SOAB who has to spray him :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This is fucking hilarious:

If I didn't know better you'd think Trump had no idea what he was talking about!

Once again I tried Fox News to see if I could find a right biased opinion of the health care bill but alas, there was little there of substance.