Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Not only are you losing OT, but you'll be paying more in taxes.

Take that Mexicans!
All through the campaign Trump kept repeating the lie that Clinton was going to raise taxes on the middle class. Even though you could quickly compare both candidates proposed tax brackets on their respective websites and see the truth, people still believed Trump's lie.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do I blame Trump for my 401K variant gaining $60,000 for the month of Nov after a dismal -3.86% showing in Oct?
I blame you for mixing $ figures and %s so we have no idea whether the swing each way is the same size.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Did some back of the napkin calculation. Trump's proposed tax cuts are supposed to sufficiently stimulate the economy to compensate for lower revenues. The economy would have to grow about 40%. With full employment that would equate to a 7 day work week to support.

In other words not only economically impossible but impossible from a workforce perspective.
am sure the plan rests on just printing more money; which actually is a kickass plan now, as the dollar is as valuable as gold.... thing is, his speech is alienating a pretty good chunk of the world, and thus, undermining the dollar as a strong currency.

wonder what the chinese overlords think about that long-term strategy.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I dig Mattis...but the power of the SecDef is not at the tactical level. He will have an interesting adjustment to the bureaucratic world that he is about to enter.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I dig Mattis...but the power of the SecDef is not at the tactical level. He will have an interesting adjustment to the bureaucratic world that he is about to enter.
I suspect he will have many allies, some public and some not, to help him. God bless any GO who says, "PowerPoint makes you stupid."