Quantcast

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If only. The end is only possible if Republicans gather enough courage to dust off that moral pedestal they love to preach from and declare enough is enough. As is and regardless of what comes out of the investigation, I think team Trump will always have enough support to make choosing not to act on the findings a real possibility. While I hope that they retain enough integrity to put country over party I don't see them abandoning their zealous pursuit of policy reform all because of a corrupt president.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If only. The end is only possible if Republicans gather enough courage to dust off that moral pedestal they love to preach from and declare enough is enough. As is and regardless of what comes out of the investigation, I think team Trump will always have enough support to make choosing not to act on the findings a real possibility. While I hope that they retain enough integrity to put country over party I don't see them abandoning their zealous pursuit of policy reform all because of a corrupt president.
Republicans only care about one thing, retaining power. They will only cut him loose if they see it as hurting them the least in the next election. Right now they are more than happy to keep their heads in the sand and denying anything is wrong, and most republicans are goose-stepping along with it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
not afghanistan AGAIN! we gotta pick somewhere NEW to fight. sheesh.

to be real tho, I recently read an article outlining some of the many reasons another troop surge in afghanistan was stupid, but most are probably pretty obvious. I don't really want to find it, as it will just add to the list of stupid things this administration is doing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
not afghanistan AGAIN! we gotta pick somewhere NEW to fight. sheesh.

to be real tho, I recently read an article outlining some of the many reasons another troop surge in afghanistan was stupid, but most are probably pretty obvious. I don't really want to find it, as it will just add to the list of stupid things this administration is doing.

We have been in Afghanistan for 14 fucking years. The USSR's foray into Afghanistan in many ways was what bankrupted the Soviets and what caused the fall of the Iron Curtain.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I read the transcript of this speech... it appears to be a rambling, nonsensical pile of shit. Doesn't he have professional speech-writers? :confused:
Are you familiar with any of his speeches?

Edit: To be clear, I'd read he did have a prepared speech, it was like 5 minutes long or some shit. But because he's a rambling, creepy, racist uncle type, and everything has to be about him, he went off the rails. Just like the Coast Guard graduation.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-sets-sights-skinny-repeal-obamacare-tuesday-s-voting-n786296

Congratulations to Republicans for pulling together and voting give themselves the opportunity to talk about doing something but nobody actually knows what that something is. What a tremendous accomplishment. :rolleyes:

I am scratching my head at this accomplishment. Isn't it the Senate's job to debate policy?

Does this open them up to a filibuster so they can point fingers at Democrats?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Seriously though. Fuck that stupid prick. A guy who gets paid at taxpayer expense, just got to experience firsthand, at taxpayer expense, the need for proper healthcare and insurance, flew back to DC, presumably also at taxpayer expense, so he could vote to move forward on taking away healthcare and proper insurance for up to 32 million people. While the citizens of this country live in fear of losing healthcare, this "lovely example of a stand up citizen" gets all the treatment he needs on the taxpayers dime and he gets to make a pretty little speech about how fucked the current process is, after he votes in favor of it. He's not careful, Trumps gonna come down to his office at get all grabby.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Seriously though. Fuck that stupid prick. A guy who gets paid at taxpayer expense, just got to experience firsthand, at taxpayer expense, the need for proper healthcare and insurance, flew back to DC, presumably also at taxpayer expense, so he could vote to move forward on taking away healthcare and proper insurance for up to 32 million people. While the citizens of this country live in fear of losing healthcare, this "lovely example of a stand up citizen" gets all the treatment he needs on the taxpayers dime and he gets to make a pretty little speech about how fucked the current process is, after he votes in favor of it. He's not careful, Trumps gonna come down to his office at get all grabby.

It matters little, they've got a large part of the middle class, you know, the people that get to choose between cars, kids and health insurance, that someone is stealing their money. They got them so wound up tight that I have little hope for any significant change. This weekend, one was pissed that the state government didn't contribute to their bank erosion issue and that it had to be funded by the HOA, the same person that complains about how "joe taxpayer" shouldn't have to pay for all these other people's stuff. They can't see past this. I'm not sure how to make them.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It matters little, they've got a large part of the middle class, you know, the people that get to choose between cars, kids and health insurance, that someone is stealing their money. They got them so wound up tight that I have little hope for any significant change. This weekend, one was pissed that the state government didn't contribute to their bank erosion issue and that it had to be funded by the HOA, the same person that complains about how "joe taxpayer" shouldn't have to pay for all these other people's stuff. They can't see past this. I'm not sure how to make them.
Yell at them. Call them an ignorant fucktard. They still won't get it, but you'll feel better...which is worth something.