Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/trump-just-made-it-so-employers-can-refuse-pay-birth-n808386

:rant:

It still boggles my simple mind that we've made so much progress understanding medicine and the human body, and we STILL have people arguing that every ejaculation is a precious maybe-baby load and should be treasured. Hasn't the papacy even given contraception two thumbs up?

*rabble rabble rabble*
What bugs me most is that this is thinly cloaked in "religious freedom." What if your religion is simply that you dont want a baby? Furthermore, it is cheaper to pay for contraception than it is to pay for a baby. Just sayin...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What bugs me most is that this is thinly cloaked in "religious freedom." What if your religion is simply that you dont want a baby? Furthermore, it is cheaper to pay for contraception than it is to pay for a baby. Just sayin...
"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is." - Sister Joan Chittister

Pretty much sums it up. Using birth control is the responsible choice. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It should be easier for people (women especially) to have the opportunity to choose when or if they want children, not harder.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Just watched Michael Moores "Canadian Bacon" for the umpteenth time. A really scary commentary on the prevalence of the military/industrial complex and its hold on this country. Although almost 20 years old, it reminds me of what is going on now in our country, although Donny Dumpsterfire is nowhere near as charming as Alan Alda...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/mike-pences-flagrant-waste-of-taxpayer-money/542388/

It's only money right? The important thing was that he took a stand for what he believes in, trying to misconstrue and silence the protest of those who are speaking out against systemic oppression. If we can't perpetuate a system that has exploited and denied the opportunities afforded to us by virtue of living in this great country, what more do we have left as a nation?

What part of 'great again' don't you understand?

A pale white, roll on stick of a 'human' scared of girls, and sky ghosts needs to remind all those big strong brown people that no matter how famous they get, how rich they become, they can still always be shit on by some cracker on a high horse. You know. Like when america was great. And by america, I mean mostly the subversive southeast corner that didn't want to be american.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/mike-pences-flagrant-waste-of-taxpayer-money/542388/

It's only money right? The important thing was that he took a stand for what he believes in, trying to misconstrue and silence the protest of those who are speaking out against systemic oppression. If we can't perpetuate a system that has exploited and denied the opportunities afforded to us by virtue of living in this great country, what more do we have left as a nation?
"This is not about the military, this is not about the flag, this is not about the anthem,” 49ers Safety Eric Reid later told reporters. “My mother served in the armed forces. Three of my uncles served … I have the utmost respect for the military, for the anthem, for the flag … This is about systemic oppression that has been rampant in this country … I will keep doing what I feel is necessary, to use the platform that I have, to make changes. It's really disheartening when everything you were raised on, everything I was raised on, was to be the best person I can be, to help people who need help, and the vice president of the United States is trying to confuse the message that we're trying to put out there. I don't know what to say about it.”

I think you said it all right there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"This is not about the military, this is not about the flag, this is not about the anthem,” 49ers Safety Eric Reid later told reporters. “My mother served in the armed forces. Three of my uncles served … I have the utmost respect for the military, for the anthem, for the flag … This is about systemic oppression that has been rampant in this country … I will keep doing what I feel is necessary, to use the platform that I have, to make changes. It's really disheartening when everything you were raised on, everything I was raised on, was to be the best person I can be, to help people who need help, and the vice president of the United States is trying to confuse the message that we're trying to put out there. I don't know what to say about it.”

I think you said it all right there.
basically it's the old mentality that black people:

-are there only as entertainment (for whites)
-should be seen and not heard.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm wondering how long before someone finally goes public calling them "uppity N-words". Feels like it's only a matter of time...
in the aftermath of the steelers no-show during the anthem, some pennsyltucky mouth breather referred to head coach mike tomlin as a "no-good n_____"

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...and the GoP will spend the rest of the idiots term wildly pumping the brakes to try to prevent him from doing something really, really, REALLY stupid. They cannot collectively admit publicly something along the lines of what Corker did, for fear of incurring the childs wrath.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Cant see, but would like the list.
We have been tracking President Trump’s false or misleading claims for more than seven months. Somewhere around Aug. 4 or Aug. 5, he broke 1,000 claims, and the tally now stands at 1,057. (Our full interactive graphic can be found here.)

That’s an impressive number by any standard. In fact, we are a little late with this update because we have simply been overwhelmed keeping track of the deluge of claims made by the president in the later part of July. Things slowed down during the president’s “working vacation,” so we have finally been able to catch up.

At the president’s current pace, he averages nearly five claims a day. Many are repeats of claims that have been previously debunked. We also include statements that are unacknowledged flip-flops from previously held positions, such as touting new highs in a stock market that he previously derided as being a “big, fat bubble.”

More than 30 of the president’s misleading statements have been repeated three or more times.

Trump’s most repeated claim, uttered 50 times, was some variation of the statement that the Affordable Care Act is dying and “essentially dead.” The Congressional Budget Office has said that the Obamacare exchanges, despite well-documented issues, are not imploding and are expected to remain stable for the foreseeable future. Moreover, Congress has been unable to pass a law that would repeal Obamacare, making the continuation of the law Trump’s problem.

Trump repeatedly takes credit for events or business decisions that happened before he took the oath of office — or had even been elected. Forty-two times, he has touted that he secured business investments and job announcements that had been previously announced and could easily be found with a Google search. And 19 times he has boasted that he achieved a reduction in the cost of Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighters, even though the price cut had been in the works before he was elected.

But some of the president’s repeated claims have nothing to do with policy but instead rehash discredited campaign rhetoric, such as the false charge that Hillary Clinton gave 20 percent of the U.S. uranium supply to Russia or that the deputy FBI director got $700,000 from Clinton. Both claims were deemed Four-Pinocchios false in 2016. Yet Trump brought them up 11 times.

Some of Trump’s favorite claims are simply odd. Eleven times, he has said that the United States has already spent $6 trillion on “Middle East wars,” money that could have been used instead on building roads in the United States. He often suggests this is a recently calculated figure, but it combines the cost of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (which is actually in South Asia) and then includes future obligations for veterans costs and interest on the debt through 2053.

At the six-month mark, the president was averaging 4.6 claims a day, but he has now increased his pace. At his current rate, the president won’t break 2,000 claims in his first year in office. But with five months to go, all bets are off.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
"A sitting Republican senator acknowledging that the president of the United States lies on Twitter regularly. So, yeah."
"It's OK when you are 7. When you are 71 -- and the President of the United States -- it's, um, much less OK."
"Understatement of the year. Maybe the decade."

Remember when we had to have a debate about whether or not news organizations should call lies, lies?

Fuck you CNN. We are in this situation because feckless organizations like yours were more interested in monetizing the train wreck than pointing out that the train wreck could get us all fucking killed.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
"A sitting Republican senator acknowledging that the president of the United States lies on Twitter regularly. So, yeah."
"It's OK when you are 7. When you are 71 -- and the President of the United States -- it's, um, much less OK."
"Understatement of the year. Maybe the decade."

Remember when we had to have a debate about whether or not news organizations should call lies, lies?

Fuck you CNN. We are in this situation because feckless organizations like yours were more interested in monetizing the train wreck than pointing out that the train wreck could get us all fucking killed.
So....he's a fucking moron? That what I'm gathering?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Time to stock up on tinfoil?

“The lawyer in me hears something different. I’m thinking of the 25th Amendment, Section 4, which speaks to a president who is unable to discharge the powers of duties of his office,” Smerconish said. “Let’s just reflect on some of the word choices that senator made. Post-Charlottesville, he was questioning the stability of the president. Now he’s using the word reckless, chaos. Now he is saying, ‘he concerns me.’ I think he’s planting seeds for questioning the fitness, the mental fitness of the president pursuant to the 25th Amendment to continue with his responsibilities.”
Also floating around is Corker 2020 primary run.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not all of them. My parents, for example aren't racist, yet don't believe Trump is. My Dad even warned me recently about dealing with a particular person because of their prejudices. Yet can't see it in Herr Twitler. I suspect FoxNews has a lot to do with it.
I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of what racism is with many people. Many people, who are racist, think that racism is "hating" another race, while it is also, and more commonly, unconscious biases that make people act a certain way towards certain races that isn't "equal" to how they act towards other races. I know I'm racist, I can't deny that I have biases, but I'm aware of this and I try to overcome it/not let it affect me. I think anyone claiming that they do not "I'm the least racist person" is full of shit, and that's the real problem, the lack of understanding of what the problem is. Police officer shoots a black man that gets out of his car at a traffic stop, while they "trust" a white person to do the same thing and don't immediately shoot them. The police officer is probably not doing this because they "hate" black people, they are doing it because they are conditioned to act this way and in many cases, they don't even realize the bias and that they treat people of different races differently, according to their race.