Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think she would have been a better president.

Mostly in that she seemed so ungodly overwhelmed......she actually knew she was overwhelmed. This fat bag of stupid can't even seem to manage that. She just says whatever she thinks makes money but still. I think she's probably more competent.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In other news that actually matters.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/12/trump-noaa-chief-accuweather-barry-myers-243735

This one's a little up my alley so to speak. It's like the reagan and bush 2 bullshit on steriods. We want public money funding and directly propping up specific private businesses. Great. What these morons don't understand is that the strength of their product is a direct result of the open source data provided to them for free. You stifle that, your own product suffers. NOAA is under the dept of commerce for a very good reason. Impartial data has value. Competitive markets in things like data and facts is why the news industry has gone to complete shit. Interpretation of barometric trends is not really a matter of opinion to be decided in the marketplace. These morons don't realize the entire world economy depends on this. So every maritime and terrestrial shipping company is going to start using Japanese and European data because the US can't remember these things were put into the public domain for a reason. And that the US has by far the biggest and richest database on the planet.......for commercial reasons already.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
more from the Moron in Charge

PRESIDENT TRUMP DOESN’T KNOW HE’S THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-doesnt-know-hes-president-us-virgin-islands-684308

In a speech Friday, Trump said he'd recently "met with the president of the Virgin Islands" to discuss the recent hurricanes that have devastated Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the island.

But Trump could not have spoken to the "president of the Virgin Islands" because, of course, he is the president of the U.S. Virgin Islands, whose residents are U.S. citizens.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
more from the Moron in Charge

PRESIDENT TRUMP DOESN’T KNOW HE’S THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-doesnt-know-hes-president-us-virgin-islands-684308

In a speech Friday, Trump said he'd recently "met with the president of the Virgin Islands" to discuss the recent hurricanes that have devastated Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the island.

But Trump could not have spoken to the "president of the Virgin Islands" because, of course, he is the president of the U.S. Virgin Islands, whose residents are U.S. citizens.
LULZ. That "non-comment" from the governor's office sure says an awful lot.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I know we all (rightly so) like to bash Trump for being a self-aggrandizing asshole, but it's interesting to see a coalition of mental health professionals provide their opinions of the afflictions our president suffers from. This is, in itself, nothing new, but the depth explored in this book is beyond anything I've seen to date.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a12820137/trump-mental-health-conversation/?src=nl&mag=esq&list=nl_enl_news&date=101317

Notable takeaways:

- About half of US presidents have, in their opinions, suffered from some form of mental illness.
-Trump's illnesses are a volatile cocktail that will not get better, nor will he rise to the occasion of the position he occupies, rather, he will continue to degrade and pose a serious danger to the stability of the nation.
- His instability has resulted in real, observable changes in behavior of his constituents which only validates and amplifies his instability, which then incites his most fervent supporters.
- His instability has also resulted in real anxiety among some portion of the populace. I fall into this category, ever since he secured the office I find I have that gnawing, unsettled feeling because unlike Obama, who was only accused of starting wars on the rich/guns/religion, Trump & Co are actually making moves that will negatively impact the health and well being of large swaths of the US population.

Though cynical me says it probably hasn't, or won't be, I really, really hope Congress has seriously weighed invoking the 25th Amendment. His presidency has been a pox upon democracy, our nation and our status in the global community. It will be years at best before we will heal some of the gaping voids he has opened in society and restore some semblance of decorum. Bi-partisan is a dirty word in Washington these days but in the age of ever increasing powers within the executive branch, my thoughts and prayers are with the legislative side hoping they realize how this imperils democracy and can muster the courage to step in.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I know we all (rightly so) like to bash Trump for being a self-aggrandizing asshole, but it's interesting to see a coalition of mental health professionals provide their opinions of the afflictions our president suffers from. This is, in itself, nothing new, but the depth explored in this book is beyond anything I've seen to date.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a12820137/trump-mental-health-conversation/?src=nl&mag=esq&list=nl_enl_news&date=101317

Notable takeaways:

- About half of US presidents have, in their opinions, suffered from some form of mental illness.
-Trump's illnesses are a volatile cocktail that will not get better, nor will he rise to the occasion of the position he occupies, rather, he will continue to degrade and pose a serious danger to the stability of the nation.
- His instability has resulted in real, observable changes in behavior of his constituents which only validates and amplifies his instability, which then incites his most fervent supporters.
- His instability has also resulted in real anxiety among some portion of the populace. I fall into this category, ever since he secured the office I find I have that gnawing, unsettled feeling because unlike Obama, who was only accused of starting wars on the rich/guns/religion, Trump & Co are actually making moves that will negatively impact the health and well being of large swaths of the US population.

Though cynical me says it probably hasn't, or won't be, I really, really hope Congress has seriously weighed invoking the 25th Amendment. His presidency has been a pox upon democracy, our nation and our status in the global community. It will be years at best before we will heal some of the gaping voids he has opened in society and restore some semblance of decorum. Bi-partisan is a dirty word in Washington these days but in the age of ever increasing powers within the executive branch, my thoughts and prayers are with the legislative side hoping they realize how this imperils democracy and can muster the courage to step in.
No matter how horrible the situation becomes, the Republicans are not going to do a damn thing to remove Herr Twitler from office because they still believe they can advance their legislative platform despite their inability to pass anything. Eight years of bitter resentment towards the black guy and obstructionism have crippled them. So expecting the GOP to actually put country first and not their own careers is idealistic at best. They simply don't care about democracy, this country or it's citizens.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
@JohnE I don't want to share this planet with them either.

Hadn't been to a local Thai place in a while and chatted with the owner, a flaming Republican who is also gay and not white. I asked him if he thought Trump was still doing a good job, he said he was pleased. Then I asked about Puerto Rico, and he said they were "parasites" and since he's Asian he expects them to work hard and pull themselves up without US gov. help. I told him that they are US citizens and entitled to the same rights as we are. He would be fine to let them die, as he says, "everyone dies".

As if calling PR parasites wasn't bad enough, he goes on about "if you have to live in a hut, then you live in a hut" and you shouldn't get any help. This guy got a loan to open his first restaurant and was court ordered to repay it. And he hasn't. He started to tell me that he is paying it back, but forgot that he had told me his whole scheme. I called him out for it. He told me if the legal means is there, then us it.

The disconnect is shocking. And it frustrates me and saddens me that there are so many right wingers just like him. Probably more so in my little corner of North Carolina. Certainly other parts of the state lean more Liberal and are not as infested with frothers like the Thai owner.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@JohnE I don't want to share this planet with them either.

Hadn't been to a local Thai place in a while and chatted with the owner, a flaming Republican who is also gay and not white. I asked him if he thought Trump was still doing a good job, he said he was pleased. Then I asked about Puerto Rico, and he said they were "parasites" and since he's Asian he expects them to work hard and pull themselves up without US gov. help. I told him that they are US citizens and entitled to the same rights as we are. He would be fine to let them die, as he says, "everyone dies".

As if calling PR parasites wasn't bad enough, he goes on about "if you have to live in a hut, then you live in a hut" and you shouldn't get any help. This guy got a loan to open his first restaurant and was court ordered to repay it. And he hasn't. He started to tell me that he is paying it back, but forgot that he had told me his whole scheme. I called him out for it. He told me if the legal means is there, then us it.

The disconnect is shocking. And it frustrates me and saddens me that there are so many right wingers just like him. Probably more so in my little corner of North Carolina. Certainly other parts of the state lean more Liberal and are not as infested with frothers like the Thai owner.
Living in Huts? Is he confusing Puerto Rico with Somalia?

He also seems painfully unaware of why Puerto Rico is in so much debt. The US has treated that place like a tax sheltered low wage labor punching bag ever since we showed up. It's imperialism, not 'laziness'.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Living in Huts? Is he confusing Puerto Rico with Somalia?

He also seems painfully unaware of why Puerto Rico is in so much debt. The US has treated that place like a tax sheltered low wage labor punching bag ever since we showed up. It's imperialism, not 'laziness'.
Honestly I wasn't aware of that either. For me it's his callousness and inhumanity towards victims of an unprecedented natural disaster and humanitarian crisis. The dude has his whole restaurant plastered with American flags. It's turds like him that would happily embrace a Fascist regime in this country, oh wait...

He also started bragging about how much money he has spent on art and jewelry to "show support". When I reminded him that he's never bought anything from me, he told me he only likes "real jewelry", like $30k diamond rings. And of course this is not the first time he's bragged to me about his extravagant purchases either. This guy would not be where he is without financial assistance and then has the audacity to tell me Puerto Ricans are parasites who should get themselves out of their mess. There was an article in the local paper earlier this year about how he was court ordered to repay a $50k loan to which he weaseled out of through some some shady but legal scheme he and his attorney cooked up.

It's the whole Republican disconnect, and hypocritical mentality that really gets me. Right Wingers have the attitude of, "I got mine, screw you if you can't get yours." They live in the same world we do where everything is connected and no one is totally independent. It's all about, "me, me and some more me".

Even though I rely on that Thai place for food as I'm on a limited diet and there are few options for me downtown, I probably will no longer support him and will not recommend his restaurant.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's the whole Republican disconnect, and hypocritical mentality that really gets me. Right Wingers have the attitude of, "I got mine, screw you if you can't get yours. They live in the same world we do where everything is connected and no one is totally independent. It's all bout, "me, me and some more me".
Maybe he's just trying to put his kids through college? Ever think about that?