Quantcast

Tt

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I've done exactly one TT race in my years, as part of the 5 day Cascade Cyclilng Classic stage race. I was one of the only racers without a tt helmet or aero bars and felt a little odd bet, eh, didn't do too badly results wise.

Next weekend is a local 3 stage TT race. Kind of weird:
Sat morning is a 25 mile TT with 2,200' climbing.
Sat afternoon is 8 mile TT with 1,880' climbing
Sun is s 50 mile TT with 3,800' climbing

Yikes, I should be tired!:eek::eek: I plan to go the same route of no special fancy helmet or aero bars.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
The only thing awesome about the TT is the bike. ;)

I'm impressed you roll old school on them though. I spend a fair amount of time being ghetto aero as it is. I refuse to have aero bars, so forearms on the tops it is. :D

I don't ride my CX bike as much as I should, so I certainly wouldn't be wise to have a TT bike.

Good luck.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm impressed you roll old school on them though. I spend a fair amount of time being ghetto aero as it is. I refuse to have aero bars, so forearms on the tops it is. :D
I don't refuse, but I can't see going and buying new equipment unless I intended to use it a lot. A few years ago Carl Decker raced a TT here in Bend in a homemade TT helmet. I wish I could find the picture, it was hysterical. It was a regular helmet with a shoebox cut down, tapered and taped to the back of his helmet.:thumb:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
gee, that sounds like fun. Riding hooked up to a computer without a real life course with sweeping views, climbs, and thrills.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My friend Bob entered a teamed based adventure relay race. Bob is a machine on a bike and was responsible for a road bike leg. He rode his hardtail mountain bike. I got to witness him passing a few people on full TT rigs with helmets. The look on their faces as they got passed by a guy on a MTB with his knobbies singing was ****ing priceless. He managed to get the fastest bike time. Clearly not the strongest field but just goes to show you it is about the motor not the bike.