Quantcast

Tuesday gmt yadseut

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Here. Ripped up carpet, carpet tacks, and pulled a bunch of baseboards in the basement last night. Taped the remaining baseboards in prep for painting the floor with Killz tonight and for the carpet install on Thursday. The smell and cat piss was so bad that it had accrued to piles of dust in the heavy pee areas. I fucking hate cats.
T-3 days
What ever came of the crack in your basement floor?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the bio world has begun to work like:
College lab finds something cool. There's potential, but we have no money.
Venture capital says "We have money, let's do this!" and forms a company with licensed tech.
Big pharma says "There's potential, we have money, let's do this" and acquires company.
Venture capitalists find another lab with something cool.
Colleges get rich. Venture capitalists get rich. Big pharma takes mimimal risks. Sometimes lab geeks get a little extra pay on the side.

I think @Inclag was in meddevice as well. Not sure what his status is.
i do think you're right about inclag, i seem to recall having chatted with him about stuff.

a lot of it has to do with how much it costs for a new API to be developed from scratch. startups seem to be getting treated as an R&D pipeline these days.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had beers with HAB last night. A day of anger management and dealing with extreme fuckery for the next 8 hours or so.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Another day of asses & elbows.
New girl mentioned moving in with her. The plot thickens.
the crazy thing is she has two kids, so that would be a new thing to me. :think:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a lovely snow ride last night. It continued to snow over night and the last time I looked out the office window, it was still snowing. First good test of these new Pirelli Ice Zero F tires and they've been great so far.

Will try to ride again tonight. Maybe toss in some more rolling single track...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
had to google, holy hell how did that happen?
CUTLER BALL

T͈͈̪̳̼̼o̞̗͍̟͖ ̨̜͖̜̙̺̩i̧̦̰̣͓̱n̯͇͡v̱ok̞̠̖͢e̗͔̼͙̬ͅͅ ̥͖̪̱̱t̥̩͇̙h͓͇̥̬͢e ḩ͍i̹͎̞̣̮̩͎v̷̙̘̞̬̙̤̘e̛͓̙͔-̬̦͟m̯̥̫̲̭͓į͈̻̦͉͇͍n҉d̰̗͖͚ ͖̖͉̹͉͟r͙͎̕e̥̟̙̳̭̬p̦̰̥͇̻̝re̥͖s͙̘̰̖e͔͢n̤̝ț͟i̙n͕̠̞̬̮̥̣͜g̝͙͇̹͈̮̰ ̬͎̗c̼͙͉̼̪̰h̡̰̦̤a̠͉̰͇̻͚̕o̤̠̖s͕̤.͇͚͝
̢̝̗̗I̷̭̙̫͖̼̤̠n̻̙̼͔̗v̨͇̪o҉̲̭k̘͙͠i̦̟̯̣̟͖n͖͕͖̙g̜̘̱͚ ҉̭̝t̜̬͕̻he ̟̖̲̼̗̬͎͡f̷e̘͍̝͠e̝̞͉̜li̥̹͍̱n҉̣ģ̗̼̜͖̦̻̬ ̳͎͞ͅo̭̥̺̰f̷͙͉̫͙̻͖ ͎̲͙̪c̠͝h̡̜̙̥a͚̙͉͎o̴̬̥s͔̱̱͝.̹͈̗̲̫͞ͅ
͎̗̱̱̪̩̱W͚i͔̩̭̟͔̲t҉̮͕̞̘̬h͏̪͍ ͚͎̤̟̣̘͘ͅo̞̭͍̕u̼̩͔̫̪͔͔t͙̲͝ ̨̱o̵͚͍̩̬̲r̜̩̀d̛̘̹͎̜͚͙e̵̤̬͖̫̠̰r͏̘̜̣̣͖.͓
̥͉̰̰̜̭T̡̮͚̱h̶͚̣e̬ ̤̟̟̰G͝ǫ͈̩̞͈͖̣o̥̜͎̻̦̩͢ͅd͙̥̻̮̬͇͟ͅe̫̝̹͈̘̭l̛l ͠h̶̤̪i̧͖͍̬̯v̤͍͇̟e̛̯͈-̻̯̩ͅmi̢̥̙n̨d̻͍̝͡ ̙͈̰͕̠̖o̠̫͠f̶̺̹̯̰̤̟̠ ̲͡c̺̯̙̼̤͇̫h͕̣̣̣̜̱̯ạo̵s̤.̵
He̮ w̡͍͔h͕̰̖̣̬͓͓o̮̣̹̝̜͝ ̩̲̻͚̯̟̣W͍͈̯a̧͉̟i̼̻͍t͎͎͍̮̮s҉̻͖͉̮̣ B͚̩e̜͖̯̳͍̭h̯̲͍̦͢i̤̠̦͚̣n̲̰̫̣d̦͟ ̻̺̳̦͖Th̢̦̻͚̬̞͔e̢ ̤̪B͎̞̝̞̼a̹̦͖̖͞l͜l̺͟.̥͇ͅ
C̗̥̜̖U̫T̳͈̝͈͎̫̕LE̹̳̞Rͅ!̭̥̗̙̜̦͠

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
had to google, thought that might be a dinosaur. :hmm:
did you find a useful answer? I only know about them because of rehab from knee surgery. all the balance exercises are to reestablish proprioceptors. The way I undertand it is that you can actually develop your sense of balance. It's kind of like working on your muscle memory, which is actually a reflex loop within your muscles. DH skiers do a shit ton of balance and strength exercises so that they have really good sense of space throughout their full range of motion, and their reflexes and reactions are super dialled. I love watching those exercises (e.g. doing squats on a balance board) on youtube, it really impresses me. (especially when the subject is Lyndsey Vonn:cupidarrow:)

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What ever came of the crack in your basement floor?
The cracks that were filled were the cuts in the main slab for shifting. One off the main cut he wasn't concerned about. He wasn't keen about the fact that they filled the seam but understands why they did it, because you could feel it under the carpet. We did discover in the process that the sump basin was effectively permanently closed. I had to removed the base boards and cut drywall to get access to it, only to discover that the sump had been removed. Still worth the $100 for the engineer to come out.
Also that they mounted the door frames in the basement to the floor instead of the ceiling, so they are shifting. I need to mount them securely to the ceiling and cut .25" off the bottom so the slab can shift without messing with the doorframes.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The cracks that were filled were the cuts in the main slab for shifting. One off the main cut he wasn't concerned about. He wasn't keen about the fact that they filled the seam but understands why they did it, because you could feel it under the carpet. We did discover in the process that the sump basin was effectively permanently closed. I had to removed the base boards and cut drywall to get access to it, only to discover that the sump had been removed. Still worth the $100 for the engineer to come out.
Also that they mounted the door frames in the basement to the floor instead of the ceiling, so they are shifting. I need to mount them securely to the ceiling and cut .25" off the bottom so the slab can shift without messing with the doorframes.
Is shifting a common thing in houses? Maybe a Colorado-specific issue? It's surprising to me, but then again, I'm not a structural engineer...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
You've been dating for... 3 weeks now?

Run away.

Unless you're really sure.

:D
3 months...maybe after 3 more months I would be on board if things are still groovy, which im confident they will be

i feel the kids would be the easy part to navigate, its the attachment to the ex she will always have that may get to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
CUTLER BALL

T͈͈̪̳̼̼o̞̗͍̟͖ ̨̜͖̜̙̺̩i̧̦̰̣͓̱n̯͇͡v̱ok̞̠̖͢e̗͔̼͙̬ͅͅ ̥͖̪̱̱t̥̩͇̙h͓͇̥̬͢e ḩ͍i̹͎̞̣̮̩͎v̷̙̘̞̬̙̤̘e̛͓̙͔-̬̦͟m̯̥̫̲̭͓į͈̻̦͉͇͍n҉d̰̗͖͚ ͖̖͉̹͉͟r͙͎̕e̥̟̙̳̭̬p̦̰̥͇̻̝re̥͖s͙̘̰̖e͔͢n̤̝ț͟i̙n͕̠̞̬̮̥̣͜g̝͙͇̹͈̮̰ ̬͎̗c̼͙͉̼̪̰h̡̰̦̤a̠͉̰͇̻͚̕o̤̠̖s͕̤.͇͚͝
̢̝̗̗I̷̭̙̫͖̼̤̠n̻̙̼͔̗v̨͇̪o҉̲̭k̘͙͠i̦̟̯̣̟͖n͖͕͖̙g̜̘̱͚ ҉̭̝t̜̬͕̻he ̟̖̲̼̗̬͎͡f̷e̘͍̝͠e̝̞͉̜li̥̹͍̱n҉̣ģ̗̼̜͖̦̻̬ ̳͎͞ͅo̭̥̺̰f̷͙͉̫͙̻͖ ͎̲͙̪c̠͝h̡̜̙̥a͚̙͉͎o̴̬̥s͔̱̱͝.̹͈̗̲̫͞ͅ
͎̗̱̱̪̩̱W͚i͔̩̭̟͔̲t҉̮͕̞̘̬h͏̪͍ ͚͎̤̟̣̘͘ͅo̞̭͍̕u̼̩͔̫̪͔͔t͙̲͝ ̨̱o̵͚͍̩̬̲r̜̩̀d̛̘̹͎̜͚͙e̵̤̬͖̫̠̰r͏̘̜̣̣͖.͓
̥͉̰̰̜̭T̡̮͚̱h̶͚̣e̬ ̤̟̟̰G͝ǫ͈̩̞͈͖̣o̥̜͎̻̦̩͢ͅd͙̥̻̮̬͇͟ͅe̫̝̹͈̘̭l̛l ͠h̶̤̪i̧͖͍̬̯v̤͍͇̟e̛̯͈-̻̯̩ͅmi̢̥̙n̨d̻͍̝͡ ̙͈̰͕̠̖o̠̫͠f̶̺̹̯̰̤̟̠ ̲͡c̺̯̙̼̤͇̫h͕̣̣̣̜̱̯ạo̵s̤.̵
He̮ w̡͍͔h͕̰̖̣̬͓͓o̮̣̹̝̜͝ ̩̲̻͚̯̟̣W͍͈̯a̧͉̟i̼̻͍t͎͎͍̮̮s҉̻͖͉̮̣ B͚̩e̜͖̯̳͍̭h̯̲͍̦͢i̤̠̦͚̣n̲̰̫̣d̦͟ ̻̺̳̦͖Th̢̦̻͚̬̞͔e̢ ̤̪B͎̞̝̞̼a̹̦͖̖͞l͜l̺͟.̥͇ͅ
C̗̥̜̖U̫T̳͈̝͈͎̫̕LE̹̳̞Rͅ!̭̥̗̙̜̦͠
da fuq is this garbage?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's anticlimactic

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

After laying it out to the boss yesterday, the mood has changed a little. Not sure if that is good or bad overall, but the stress has been eased a little and I am all for that. I guess when you look your boss in the eye and say "I don't feel like you trust me or my skills and have made me feel very unwelcome the last 6 or so months." they might reconsider how they communicate with you. :rofl:

When that same boss says "You used to be much happier, what happened?" and your reply is "You", that might have helped.

I have decided to reinvest in the lottery. I figure if nothing else, it gives me a false sense of hope if only for a little while. And if I hit it, woohoo. I only need $3M to retire. :fans:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Morning Monkeys.

After laying it out to the boss yesterday, the mood has changed a little. Not sure if that is good or bad overall, but the stress has been eased a little and I am all for that. I guess when you look your boss in the eye and say "I don't feel like you trust me or my skills and have made me feel very unwelcome the last 6 or so months." they might reconsider how they communicate with you. :rofl:

When that same boss says "You used to be much happier, what happened?" and your reply is "You", that might have helped.

I have decided to reinvest in the lottery. I figure if nothing else, it gives me a false sense of hope if only for a little while. And if I hit it, woohoo. I only need $3M to retire. :fans:
i think the conversation should have been capped off with an upper decker in teh executive bathroom