Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Just another day here.....not much to report. A bit tired today as Colin woke up around 3am from a baby nightmare. We got up and read a few books and by about 4, he was ready to sack out again. Yawning a lot this morning.....

Gonna be a hot one here today...around 90 with lots of humidity, so maybe a little pool action w/cold tops after work is in order.

Y'all have a great day!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. Working from the house, it's fixin' to rain and I have 14 Powerpoint presentations to work on. <sigh>

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had a nice ride last night with the ladies and we were lucky it didn't rain on us...the sky definitely looked horrible. Tonight is Sq-Earl's night to ride so it'll be Mommy & Syd time. I am hoping she asks to go for a ride, but will be glad to do puzzles with her instead. Lots of paperwork to do at school today so I better get some more coffee and get on it!

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Happy Tuesday. Im waiting for UPS to get here with my bike. Im hoping they dont make me wait all day. Then I have to go to the new apartment cause apparently the electric company doesnt have the place on record. Nothing good can come from this. Its not like its a hidden apartment in a basement or something. Starting to move on Friday and I havent done any packing yet... should be interesting.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
I was woken up by two slobery dogs & L standing over them with an evil smile. Is it the weekend yet?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Once again I have shown up to work at the usual time, and an hour and a half later, still no one else is here :confused:
2nd day in a row.
Guess I missed the memo.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Did another morning DH ride this AM before work. Cool and foggy. I needed to take my goggles off 1/3 of the way down.

On a drop right before the end of the trail my buddy landed and his toe caught a rock and pulled his foot under the pedal right as he landed. His toe was bleeding a lot. A little smashed up, but he still has a nail attached. He's ok. =]

Tonight I get to baby sit my niece (10 months) and nephew (2 1/2 years) for the first time with my fiance. I'm excited and nervous a little bit. ha

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, the weather sucks, I got outbid on ebay, and Ashland hasn't called. After the phone interview it sounded like I was a lock for a face to face at least. That was Thursday and they still haven't called. Man, waiting is for sucks.

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Man, the weather sucks, I got outbid on ebay, and Ashland hasn't called. After the phone interview it sounded like I was a lock for a face to face at least. That was Thursday and they still haven't called. Man, waiting is for sucks.
Call them. To hell with waiting. If the dont give you a yes or no keep calling till you get an answer. If they werent going to give you the interview any way then repeated phone calls is only a bonus for you.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Call them. To hell with waiting. If the dont give you a yes or no keep calling till you get an answer. If they werent going to give you the interview any way then repeated phone calls is only a bonus for you.
Um... coming from someone that does the hiring, I would be careful about pestering them. I get super annoyed when people do that. Sometimes it takes a couple of days to make decisions, and for good reason. If I was iffy about a person then that pestering may push me over to not bother calling them in.

That's just me though.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Um... coming from someone that does the hiring, I would be careful about pestering them. I get super annoyed when people do that. Sometimes it takes a couple of days to make decisions, and for good reason. If I was iffy about a person then that pestering may push me over to not bother calling them in.

That's just me though.
I'm just annoyed that he said on Thursday "I will have HR call you to set up a day when you can come in". Now he didn't say WHEN HR would call, but I figured Friday was Friday, they should be able to schedule everyone by Monday and give me a day.

Plus I'm tired of waiting. I have another interview on Monday. I would like to at least know where I stand before then.

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole

That's just me though.
Im not talking four or five times a day. If a few days have gone by though and it is just a case of them being busy a phone call to them might actually make things easier wouldnt it? Save the person doing the hiring the trouble of finding his number and all that.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I'm just annoyed that he said on Thursday "I will have HR call you to set up a day when you can come in". Now he didn't say WHEN HR would call, but I figured Friday was Friday, they should be able to schedule everyone by Monday and give me a day.

Plus I'm tired of waiting. I have another interview on Monday. I would like to at least know where I stand before then.
I hear you. When I'm hiring I try to give the person a time frame for when they can expect a call back. Typically I'll say by "X" day I should have made a decision as to what the next step is and if you don't hear from me by then, go ahead and call me.

Im not talking four or five times a day. If a few days have gone by though and it is just a case of them being busy a phone call to them might actually make things easier wouldnt it? Save the person doing the hiring the trouble of finding his number and all that.
If it's just once and I didn't give a time frame then yeah no big deal. But some people do go overboard. And if you call to find out what's up in the middle of the interview process I may still have five more people to interview, meaning I don't know if you're getting asked to come in. Again, giving the applicant a time frame is key. If they didn't do that, then I guess I would say go ahead and call.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

It took my current employer over a week to give me the callback....it sucked waiting, but it was worth it in the end to be back employed.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It took my current employer over a week to give me the callback....it sucked waiting, but it was worth it in the end to be back employed.
Agreed, I'll suck it up and wait. It just seems like every time I even think about a different job, I get at least 2 that show interest and I have to choose. The last major choice I made the wrong one (took the "easy job") and ended up hating it.

So I can stay here and take a 15% raise with another company, or move for a paycut (not really a pay cut, just less money, but cheaper to live, so it's actually more if that makes any sense).

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Patience jimmydean! Give them another day or two, and good luck.

My $.02 ... right now I'd work for less to be happy with my job and surroundings.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Patience jimmydean! Give them another day or two, and good luck.

My $.02 ... right now I'd work for less to be happy with my job and surroundings.
That's sort of where I am. My goal is to open a shop in less than 2 years, so the next gig is really just something to get me south, then hold me over until I can get to work.

There are some great things about where I am now, but my co-workers aren't any of them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So I can stay here and take a 15% raise with another company, or move for a paycut (not really a pay cut, just less money, but cheaper to live, so it's actually more if that makes any sense).
WTF, didn't you just buy a place?

Where is the better place to start your future biz? That would be my criteria when determining location (as a business owner).

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
WTF, didn't you just buy a place?

Where is the better place to start your future biz? That would be my criteria when determining location (as a business owner).
Yes, we just bought this place. My agent seems to think I could make $20k if we sell it this summer. It was bank owned and we got an awesome deal.

I think Ashland would be a better location, I think based on the area and stuff. There isn't much in te way of competition and a lot of potential clients.