Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Our friends in Santa Rosa and surrounding areas are safe and, at least as of late last night, still had homes. A lot of others in the area are not so lucky.

I'm just going to go to work today and be grateful I'm not dealing with that again.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Yesterday's ride was an amazing combo. Heat index of 92, 85% humidity, tons of leaves down on a wettish trail bed (i.e. slow rolling winter conditions). It was the worst of all possible worlds and apparently I got dehydrated as I got a wicked hamstring charlie horse later that night. Still had a good time with the pooch--I guess I'll try to pedal again today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
All my friends in the fire zone got out alive, One of my best friends brother lost his home but that's just stuff. his family and pets got out. Still no word on Sue's ranch... 10 known dead and 100 still missing. 14 fires burning out of control and more evacuations have been called for.

Have a 6am start today. getting up at 4am bites

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well, my shitty shit long weekend is done. glad to be back at work. I suppose it wasn't all bad, as my youngest finally learned to ride. he had a meltdown this morning when he was told he couldn't ride his bike to school... he still hasn't reliably figured out how to use the brakes, and there's one monster (for a little guy) hill to go up and down, so that's going to take some time before we get to the point he can ride to school. I'm confident that will come next spring.

@eric strt6 I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she kicks that shit to the curb. you guys sound like fighters, so I'm thinking that's the likely outcome. btw, how's the ring of fire this morning?!?!?! :sarcastic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hovering around 20F outside this morning, I guess most of the 12" that fell yesterday won't be melting just yet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Didn't do a whole lot last night except watch The Handsmaid's Tale. Digging it so far, I love me a good dystopian storyline, especially whereas it has many parallels to our current society.

I predict precious little for today, except I will be putting in the order for our new trailer. Second times a charm!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in asheville....might hand out deodorant....or kill time on blueridge parkway....dinosaur jr tonight.

wilco was great last night.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I am sifting through Development Ordinances for Charlotte this morning, looking for a specific sign code for a property we're working on, and I've already zoned out 3 times - now I'm zoned out again and posting on teh monkey. If my 18 year-old self would have known this is what would occupy a great deal of my daily work, he would have beat my ass with an electrical cord.

Nevertheless, I've convinced myself that this is noble work, and that the entire fate of the human race depends on it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sitting in back to back meetings since 7:30AM. Will try to finish the new bike build and maybe start a restoration of another window. A shake down ride would be nice as well.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Happy 11th Birthday to my darling boy!!.... Oh wait, you couldn't sleep until 5:00am and won't get out of bed and have decided to be a fire breathing stubborn dragon this morning? God save us all... Going to attempt force feeding to see if that helps now. Wish me luck!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Damn it is bitter cold and it seemed like a very sudden change (maybe I'm just getting old and didn't notice). I have Friday off and will spend the weekend in a lovely area currently closed to bikes, but I can still look.

The wife was looking to do a Thanksgiving getaway to her cousins house that just happens to be close enough to Bend to justify getting a trophy on the Bend Ale Trail. That would be worth putting up with her cousins husband for a day. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
neighbor of mine is making a last minute trib with a buddy to ride moab this weekend. fvck me for already having plans for my buddy's wedding.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I need to up my sock or shoe game. Cold toes on the 28 degree ride in, although everything else was fine.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Allergies or a cold?
take your pic!
still woozy from the Benadryl i took late last nite.

planning a birthday ski trip with some buds. gonna be a fun one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
besides, moab isn't exactly going anywhere. and my neighbor isn't exactly what i'd call a "fast" rider. he can count on one hand the number of times he's ridden this year and still have enough fingers left to hold a beer.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Some waffles helped, he got on the bike and went to school. Hope he makes it through the day! Bringing him Subway (his favorite) for lunch, so he will be stoked.

Finished painting (inside), staining (deck rail), and the last bit of caulking (deck rail) yesterday. Moar job hunt and bike ride before Subway stop today. Looks like the sun will join me!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Unintentionally up until midnight last night packing. I made a big dent in the basement though, which is good. Tired as all hell though.
Went down to the Volvo dealer and had a chance to sit in the V60 and the size works well enough for the family. I remembered something that @Toshi mentioned a while back, which is that if all four of us are in the car, we will likely be in the Infiniti. I shouldn't worry so much about how much leg room there is for the passenger if I have the car seat in the back, because if I have the baby, Wifey will very likely not be with us. Point taken for sure.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I need to up my sock or shoe game. Cold toes on the 28 degree ride in, although everything else was fine.
https://www.backcountry.com/pearl-izumi-barrier-mtb-shoe-cover-plz004f?CMP_SKU=PLZ004F&MER=0406&skid=PLZ004F-BK-S&mr:trackingCode=CCE6F263-519A-E611-80FA-005056944E17&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=m&mr:adType=plaonline&CMP_ID=PLA_GMm001&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&k_clickid=b858f5f5-855c-4100-9f57-3db6d2e61b75&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwPGNqrjm1gIVS01-Ch0dKwacEAkYByABEgIS6_D_BwE

So this morning while packaging all the jerky and mushrooms from yesterday, I came to a shitty realization. I ran my dehydrator in the garage so the whole house would not smell, and while cleaning everything up and packing it away I looked over and saw I had all my scent free hunting gear was sitting out. I had forgotten to put it back in the scent bag after it dried out. Now all my gear smells like mesquite jerky. So instead of heading out tonight, I will be washing it all over. Good times

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Some waffles helped, he got on the bike and went to school. Hope he makes it through the day! Bringing him Subway (his favorite) for lunch, so he will be stoked.

Finished painting (inside), staining (deck rail), and the last bit of caulking (deck rail) yesterday. Moar job hunt and bike ride before Subway stop today. Looks like the sun will join me!
mmmmmm...waffels.
I may have to make waffles for dinner.