Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What's funny is Abbey only just started looking out the window and I had it down for a bit last weekend. But she doesn't stick her head out like most dogs. So not sure of doggles are an option, or if she will want something enclosed. She is kind of a big wuss. :rofl:

Managed to finish pulling PEX from garage to basement of house, so retooled and pulled the 4-4-4-6 THHN from garage to trailer pedestal and made up connections at both ends. Now I need to drill holes and measure up so I can order 4-4-4-6 SER to go from disconnect to sub-service entrance panel in the garage.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am making sauce. I ran out tomatoes and might have to get more. I have plenty of onions, peppers, garlic, and cheese. I got greedy with the tomatoes and ran out. I made sausage, meatballs and Garlic bread also. The sausage was made from the doe we got. I may throw on some backstrap if everyone has a big appetite. It is marinating in Wine and Oil.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife already wants to know if we can head back to Moab after this past weekends riding. She definitely enjoyed her first time down TWE.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
honestly, there are places i wanna ride here on the east coast before i venture out west - if i were planning a riding trip *just* for riding.
Fair point. Despite the fact that it's wrong. :homer:

We did Hymasa, Pothole, Rockstacker, Ahab the day before ;)
So perhaps figure-8 that one and finish with Jackson's. Amasa Back used to be a morning or afternoon destination, but man... it's an all-dayer now. Well, it can be.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
have you ever ridden the east coast?
I've ridden a good chunk of the top spots in the US and I'd head west for my pure riding trips (not combined with hitting spots too/from a race) most of the time when I lived in the NE.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've ridden a good chunk of the top spots in the US and I'd head west for my pure riding trips (not combined with hitting spots too/from a race) most of the time when I lived in the NE.
you forget i have 2 young kids. any riding specific trips in the next few years are gonna be full dirtbag style.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Good Morning!!

I am sifting through Development Ordinances for Charlotte this morning, looking for a specific sign code for a property we're working on, and I've already zoned out 3 times - now I'm zoned out again and posting on teh monkey. If my 18 year-old self would have known this is what would occupy a great deal of my daily work, he would have beat my ass with an electrical cord.

Nevertheless, I've convinced myself that this is noble work, and that the entire fate of the human race depends on it.
whatcha workin' on in the queen city?

you forget i have 2 young kids. any riding specific trips in the next few years are gonna be full dirtbag style.
you need some wv, va, and pisgah time, son. make it down this far and you can crash on my couch.

quick trin to @AngryMetalsmith land today, but had to dash back to pick up the kids, so no thuper awesome and epic thai action for me.

gonna run some neighborhood hotlaps with the 7yo tonight. if fall temps could come sometime soon, that'd be great. we're having record high low temps at night and swamp-ass inducing humidity. i'll still take it over effing snow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
whatcha workin' on in the queen city?

you need some wv, va, and pisgah time, son. make it down this far and you can crash on my couch.

quick trin to @AngryMetalsmith land today, but had to dash back to pick up the kids, so no thuper awesome and epic thai action for me.

gonna run some neighborhood hotlaps with the 7yo tonight. if fall temps could come sometime soon, that'd be great. we're having record high low temps at night and swamp-ass inducing humidity. i'll still take it over effing snow.
Cog Tease

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Shenandoah Valley, GW Nat Forrest, Douthat, Asheville, Pisgah, Raccoon Mtn, Bull Mtn fly home out of Atlanta :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Maybe...what's it like at the end of may? Wet?
End of May ?

As with most months, perfect. But by that time we've already been digging and riding 4-5 times a week for 3 months.

If you're riding in the mountains, it can be hit or mis. Any snow accumulation doesn't stick around long. It does get cold though, but nothing a few crusty Canadians couldn't handle.