Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
So, still planning the spring break trip, I am going to propose spending a few nights in Bear's Ears, just to show it to my kiddo before it is a strip mine. Anyone ever been?
Thats Ed Abbey country.
That whole area is fucking amazing. Go to Monument Valley while in the area.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Thats Ed Abbey country.
That whole area is fucking amazing. Go to Monument Valley while in the area.
:stupid:

We did Monument Valley last year on the way from Phoenix to Moab, but didn't stop in Bear's ears.
I've never actually been to Bear's Ears, so I won't vouch for that, but I have spent a lot of time around and in Grand Staircase. It's amazing country, incredibly beautiful. Of all the bullshitery brought to you by President* Harkonnen, IMO this fuckery is possibly the most egregious.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Lunch break ride was cut short by rain, still some fun was had. Now headed to the office and XMas party. I am hoping for someone laying an upper decker Tonite. :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Tinfoil day.
Wondering what back alley shenanigans are transpiring as the American public is distracted with tax reform issues. Is this issue really the real issue, or are we clueless about some clandestine real issue?

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
Tinfoil day.
Wondering what back alley shenanigans are transpiring as the American public is distracted with tax reform issues. Is this issue really the real issue, or are we clueless about some clandestine real issue?
Probably. I know Trump got the travel ban passed in the middle of all the Tax thing. I think it went into effect today?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Had grocery store sushi for lunch. (Yeah, I know).
Musta been a FNG making it, the tuna and salmon were 1/2" thick, whereas they usually are as thin as they can possibly cut it.
Marginally satisfied.
Now to get on the rollers...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Had grocery store sushi for lunch. (Yeah, I know).
Musta been a FNG making it, the tuna and salmon were 1/2" thick, whereas they usually are as thin as they can possibly cut it.
Marginally satisfied.
Now to get on the rollers...
Gambler!

Any advice on cheapo lodging up there? I'm considering an escape from our dry un-winter.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tinfoil day.
There is the whole treason thing, but that is for the PAWN.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got out of meeting with new dept head - lots of changes. New comp setup which is much better, more company monetary support for advanced degrees, more upward positions available, etc. Good stuff, very good stuff.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just got out of meeting with new dept head - lots of changes. New comp setup which is much better, more company monetary support for advanced degrees, more upward positions available, etc. Good stuff, very good stuff.
And now you are Director Stoney at long last?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Being a hippie is no excuse for not spelling things gud-liek.
lulz. i went to public skewl.
thanks doc.
I went to Public school then Private High School. PS in North Carolina completely fucked me for spelling in English. It was easier for me to spell in German than my own language. Thanks Public School.

But with web browsers having some variation of Spell Check, there really is no excuse. If eye kahn dew it, sew kin yew.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I went to Public school then Private High School. PS in North Carolina completely fucked me for spelling in English. It was easier for me to spell in German than my own language. Thanks Public School.

But with web browsers having some variation of Spell Check, there really is no excuse. If eye kahn dew it, sew kin yew.
i should have said public school in the south. lol
but really i can spell, just dont give two fucks here & the fact some get all pissy makes it even more fun.;p

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
the grocery store sushi at harris teeter is tolerable. i haven’t died or puked yet.

chaperoned the 7yo’s field trip today...no hanging with him at rugby practice. he’s the youngest one out there but he’s fast, rough, and dgaf. if he sticks with it he could be decent, i think.

tweaked the derailleur hanger on the uzzi mid-ride on sunday. the helicoiled thread didn’t want to take the derailleur back after i removed it to straighten the hangar (which is a solid piece with the g3 dropout). intense doesn’t have em anymoar. forced to order a new one from australia...oh well.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
the grocery store sushi at harris teeter is tolerable. i haven’t died or puked yet.

chaperoned the 7yo’s field trip today...no hanging with him at rugby practice. he’s the youngest one out there but he’s fast, rough, and dgaf. if he sticks with it he could be decent, i think.

tweaked the derailleur hanger on the uzzi mid-ride on sunday. the helicoiled thread didn’t want to take the derailleur back after i removed it to straighten the hangar (which is a solid piece with the g3 dropout). intense doesn’t have em anymoar. forced to order a new one from australia...oh well.
You should get a 29" crabon abomination. Or a Pole.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went to pick up fenders for my commuter this morning. then proceeded to install them because it is pissing rain. Because they are clip-on, I thought it would be simple. Nothing is ever simple with fucking fenders. Still, got them in in 45 minutes. got the kids to school, came back, ate, showered and got to work only 20 minutes late.

^^^ I just found the draft of that post!

It's now evening. I had to work on my nipples tonight, they are corroding and breaking (not in a mandown kind of way). Because I had to take my tire off, my arm hair around my wrist is now covered in stans. I hate that shit.