Quantcast

** Tuesday GMT ** *

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Now with 25% more asymmetry!

Can't sleep so screw it, I'll get up and drink coffee in the dark.

Shortened my new brake lines last night and gave them a quick bleed.

Work sucks. Don't fall for it.

Looking forward to a ride later.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

I made the mistake of pointing out to the bean counters yesterday that they were overbooking scrap dollars to the tune of 2x. Holy shit were they salty about it; few times have I seen such contempt play out through email. Jeez, you are welcome guys.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good morning!

I made the mistake of pointing out to the bean counters yesterday that they were overbooking scrap dollars to the tune of 2x. Holy shit were they salty about it; few times have I seen such contempt play out through email. Jeez, you are welcome guys.
Money laundering.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Daylight during my drive in is weird. Might need to shift 15 min earlier. Time for a refill and see what horrors await me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've got a kill list yes i do
i'm gonna murder everyone and that means you
you can try to run and hide but i'll get you
then i'll move on to the kill list part 2

(to be sung to the tune of "i've got an ape drape")

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode in slowly to work. Half day! Shitheel co-worker isn't talking to me, which is fine by me!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@Pesqueeb ...this record should be on your euro playlist....one of the best road trip records...

and some other bands...

cobalt cranes
cheetahs
comet control
DIIV
heaven
highlands
grooms
quest for fire

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Perhaps building a "hostile work environment" case? :brows:
She's already pulled all of that shit before. Now she has a signed mini-contract for her final 6 months ending 10/8/18. If she calls in sick more than a few days then she gets her academic ("free") time pulled to cover.

She did negotiate herself a pretty posh deal where she works 3 days, is academic 1, and is basically fucking around (doing really easy cancer follow-up reads) the other day. The rest of us were assured this is a good deal overall since she's out come October--before this there was actually talk of just paying her to not show up.

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
She's already pulled all of that shit before. Now she has a signed mini-contract for her final 6 months ending 10/8/18. If she calls in sick more than a few days then she gets her academic ("free") time pulled to cover.

She did negotiate herself a pretty posh deal where she works 3 days, is academic 1, and is basically fucking around (doing really easy cancer follow-up reads) the other day. The rest of us were assured this is a good deal overall since she's out come October--before this there was actually talk of just paying her to not show up.

:D
there's a guy sorta like this in our group. he's not hostile or mean, but isn't really carrying his weight and needs more guidance / oversight than he should. he's an old timer and pretty much on autopilot. someone apparently found out he's planning to retire next year, thankfully.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
there's a guy sorta like this in our group. he's not hostile or mean, but isn't really carrying his weight and needs more guidance / oversight than he should. he's an old timer and pretty much on autopilot. someone apparently found out he's planning to retire next year, thankfully.
Yup - just pay him and ignore him. Srsly - that's the easiest thing to do. No point in investing time/energy...

It might to the folks prayin me my big bucks. :panic:
Just listen to more Cypress Hill - it helps. :D

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Had a decent weekend which involved Mother's Day brunch with my mom and wife on Sunday. Went and ordered new carpet for our living room which desperately needs to be replaced.

Then I got 2 interesting phone calls yesterday that my one of my best friend's cousin died of a drug overdose and also that my ex step-mom (my dad divorced her like 20 years ago) had passed away due to complications from cancer. People say that bad things come in threes but hopefully no one else I know dies soon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi everybody

i should have time tonight to finish my fork and therefore get my build 75% of the way done. Just need the BB, which will arrive tomorrow, then do all kinds of fancy internal routing. I don't like internal routing. Do you? Do you also hate bunnies and kitties and love and happiness?