Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
guys, I think the snau may be making woo grumpy. more grumpy than usual, I mean
I can only take so much akshually™ from that guy right now. The ignore list just got another. I can talk all day about mistakes but not when someone needs to make up one to dance around like a peakcock.

The only reason I posted that, you got, that there's an amine component. Without knowing how the body responds, it's impossible to know any effective similarities. Somebody went to a lot of work to make that stuff much more complex.

Anyway, I'd never heard of that until today. If there's a less tweaker medication for ADHD it's long overdue. Reading the side effects however there seems some uh....similarities.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can only take so much akshually™ from that guy right now. The ignore list just got another. I can talk all day about mistakes but not when someone needs to make up one to dance around like a peakcock.

The only reason I posted that, you got, that there's an amine component. Without knowing how the body responds, it's impossible to know any effective similarities. Somebody went to a lot of work to make that stuff much more complex.

Anyway, I'd never heard of that until today. If there's a less tweaker medication for ADHD it's long overdue. Reading the side effects however there seems some uh....similarities.
the problem is that you're so focused on the similarities that you fail to look at the differences, which are significant. my son is ADHD/ASD so I've been working for over a year to find a medicine that works for him. strattera was one of the meds we tried, but it didn't work for him. i have a vested interest in this, and stoney does now too.

the real irony of you complaining about akshually is that you kicked off this whole dumpster fire in fundamentally that manner, Mr "I Have Some News"

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Maybe skin tags fall under one of those categories where it might be deemed a nuisance, but not really a health risk?

Did your insurance cover it? I assume it wasn't much..(actually my assumption is probably wrong.. :busted: )
I can't remember for sure if it was covered by insurance, but I don't think so. Cost was in the $200 range?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
non-amphetamine / stimulant meds for ADHD
it's the tweaker aspect I'm curious about. 3 of us in my household are on stimulant meds. I'm consistently told there's no negative side effects. Is that true? or is the tweaker reference a way of saying some people abuse of these meds for various reasons?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it's the tweaker aspect I'm curious about. 3 of us in my household are on stimulant meds. I'm consistently told there's no negative side effects. Is that true? or is the tweaker reference a way of saying some people abuse of these meds for various reasons?
generally yes, its a reference to the abuse of stimulants - specifically amphetamines. [edit] there can definitely be side effects to stimulants, but it definitely depends on age, dosage, etc. [/edit]

definition 2: