Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Up having coffee. Walk with the DSO in a bit.

Hating FedEx - scheduled (early!) delivery of the new frame did not occur yesterday. Now updates to : No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, my lovely friends. Yesterday was busy as hell. I was up at 4:45 AM and did not get a chance to sit down and do nothing until 8:00 PM. I am hoping today is a little more boring, although I do have my workouts to tend to. I already got a 2600 yard swim in the urine tank done.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At café while youngest boy is at tutor. dragging ass today, it's been 3 nights in a row of bad sleep. wake up a couple of times per night with spasming back pain, and for whatever reason the youngest has woken up before 5:30 these past few days. and he is unable to be quiet in the morning, so when he's up, everyone's up. and everyone is grumpy (in particular me).

Up having coffee. Walk with the DSO in a bit.

Hating FedEx - scheduled (early!) delivery of the new frame did not occur yesterday. Now updates to : No scheduled delivery date available at this time.
I'm experiencing similar shit with a USPS shipment from Oregon.
not sure if this is a Canada Post issue, or an S4 issue, but I checked the tracking info for the shock I sent S4 in Whistler last week. Canada Post attempted delivery yesterday at 9:57am. Now it's at the post office awaiting pick up. I emailed S4 and they responded quickly. Apparently it won't be a problem for them to go pick it up. Maybe yesterday was a powder day in Whistler?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Had a breakfast with other community and business leaders today. That was interesting adulting. I never would have guess myself to be in any position that would be considered leadership.

Dr later today to figure out why my nose is a snot faucet.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Patiently waiting for my Aenomaly order to finally ship. I know they are small but their order fulfillment estimates have been overly optimistic.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
editing things. reframing things. hoping to get outside for a bit at some point as the weather is delightful. newly installed dhr held air overnight, so that's cool.

have a great day kids!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone had a mole or something similar removed? Did you just go to a walk in clinic for it? They just freeze it and zip it off, any ouchies?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Has anyone had a mole or something similar removed? Did you just go to a walk in clinic for it? They just freeze it and zip it off, any ouchies?
I am no expert, but have had some things removed.

I'd see a dermatologist, not just your general physician. If it's like on your ass and you don't care about scaring, I assume you could see anyone. But still....Dermatologist to be safe.

Warts and the like are usually frozen or burned off.

Moles or other funky skin things are usually cut out, depending.

All quick, out-patient type work. Then you get to heal! It's like taking care of road rash. But in a very small spot. Yay!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’ve had a few skin things burned, frozen, and/or cut off in my day. Depends on type of thing, and the location and size, obviously. My dermatologist usually jabs first with anesthetic which hurts as much as anything else in the process. Maybe some soreness once that wears off but not much or for long.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my older brother has had two or three...

deep enough to require stitches....

i think they make excuses just to carve on him...

Whatever it is, don't ignore it. My first skin cancer issue was behind my left ear in 2007; I noticed bleeding occasionally, which got progressively worse. By the time I got it removed, they had to remove enough that they had to taka a patch of skin from my upper arm to fill in behind the ear.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Still sick. Kid wants to skip school and ski for her bday. I want to but fear it will make me more sick.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Whatever it is, don't ignore it. My first skin cancer issue was behind my left ear in 2007; I noticed bleeding occasionally, which got progressively worse. By the time I got it removed, they had to remove enough that they had to taka a patch of skin from my upper arm to fill in behind the ear.
Yikes. Yeah I definitely want to get this removed and will have them test it or whatever.

Its on the top/side of my head, in (whats left of) my hair. I usually buzzcut down to whatever the 1/2 setting is, 1mm? I've definitely been too speedy with the clippers before and stabbed it, causing it to bleed a tiny bit. I mostly want to get rid of it so I can just go about my business without this gremlin just waiting to bite. And of course like you mention, make sure its nothing serious.

The sad thing is, is I can't fully see it so I've been slacking and haven't watched it closely to see if its changed or anything. And I don't have a family doctor, so its never really been brought up before.

Going to see if I can get to a clinic this week.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Was fortunate to get a couple of deep powder days at Snowbird. Little bit of work this morning, then cleaning up the condo and heading home. I was in Denver for work all last week followed by this short ski trip, missing Teh Spousal Unit™ and them doggos. It’s been fun, but it’ll be nice to be home also.

4CF255E3-A8AF-4C2B-ADFF-5C2BF182BD22.jpeg