Quantcast

>>> Tuesday GTM >>>>>>

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Whats your thought on the quality of the frame so far? While I rode a few Tranny's in PA, along with my buddies, we didn't really stop to look at the bikes; just shredded them.

Definitely looking forward to hopefully owning another Transition. :)
Hard to say as I've only got 40 minutes on it so far. I have to say, the internal cable routing is a total pain in the ass. The seller had taken the reverb out, and I haven't been able to get the damn hose back through yet. I don't think I will be putting it back in either as it's about an inch too long and doesn't go down far enough at maximum insertion. I've got my old LEV on there for now and will see what sort of prices I can find for a new post over the winter.

Also, when I got the bike, the main pivot bolt was creaking like mad. I was able to take it apart, grease it and silence it in about 10 minutes, so no big deal, but I think it's going to require a lot of attention. Compared to my Ibis, which required basically zero maintenance... Just a bearing swap every two years in the lower link.

Other than that, so far it seems very nice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
while my father enjoyed his frequent flier miles when he had to fly for a living....he has not missed it the last 20 years.
Flying pre-911 wasn't all that bad. Used to clock close to 100,000 miles a year. You'd get screwed on occasion by weather, but everything else was easy peasy. If your American flight got canceled? They'd book you on the next United flight at the same price.

Post 9-11 every aspect of flying became a nightmare.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
there is much flying in my future for work this fall. may the fsm bless me with his benevolence when i do. i like living in charlotte. i can fly direct to most places in this country. this is good.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
there is much flying in my future for work this fall. may the fsm bless me with his benevolence when i do. i like living in charlotte. i can fly direct to most places in this country. this is good.
I swear to god. The next time I fly through Philly it may be faster to threaten to hijack an airplane, get arrested, serve time and get my free trip home faster than I could using my ticket.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Flying pre-911 wasn't all that bad. Used to clock close to 100,000 miles a year. You'd get screwed on occasion by weather, but everything else was easy peasy. If your American flight got canceled? They'd book you on the next United flight at the same price.

Post 9-11 every aspect of flying became a nightmare.
planes flying half full....it was fucking glorious!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
for such a small airport they have a shit ton of parking....that fucking gravel lot next to that abandoned steak place...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Boys started school yesterday. The seemed happy yesterday so I was happy. Let see how they feel tonight.

Got a riding friend in town. Nice to have a big house with room for people. We have a total of 7 people staying at the moment.
Is that where they learn about asymetrical wingdings?