Quantcast

>>> Tuesday no smoky GTM >>>>

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am ready to say fuck off florida. Weather is nice, nature is amazing (where you can find it), the people are fucking trash - the rich entitled geezers being the worst kind.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i remember my wife being all pissed because she spent the summer studying her ass off for them and i slacked off and slept a lot and we ended up doing about the same...:rofl:

graduate degrees are, in general, a hoop to jump through to get to a higher pay grade. i am not a fan.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I potentially have a pretty sweet opportunity to study soil microbiology at CSU FoCo. I didnt want to cram for a stupid test. Rather it test my knowledge off the cuff. Seemed to be fine. Was laughing when the lady acted surprised I finished quickly and also did average, especially after I informed her i had not studied anything.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I potentially have a pretty sweet opportunity to study soil microbiology at CSU FoCo. I didnt want to cram for a stupid test. Rather it test my knowledge off the cuff. Seemed to be fine. Was laughing when the lady acted surprised I finished quickly and also did average, especially after I informed her i had not studied anything.
Tests should be about what you know, not what you can remember.

I always used to go down in the basement and work on motorcycles the night before exams.

Tests should be about what you know, not what you can remember.
Yup.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Holding it down. Shit is getting real. Passed the GRE's. Did not study. According to the lady I did 'average.' Fuck Yea.
There is a pass/fail for the GRE? I know some schools have minimum score requirements but otherwise you just get a score and percentile.

I was funemployed when I took my GREs and did a number of practice tests. Managed to hit the 99/97 percentile in verbal/math. Got killed in the written portion, as my logic is flawless I assume it was due to low word count.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@Westy I don't know much about it. I know people have to take them more than once. The range is 170 - 130 and I was tucked in around the 150 number. Like I said, no study, no worries. If I was staking more importance on it and didnt have the job/family I may have put more effort into it.

There is a pass/fail for the GRE? I know some schools have minimum score requirements but otherwise you just get a score and percentile.

I was funemployed when I took my GREs and did a number of practice tests. Managed to hit the 99/97 percentile in verbal/math. Got killed in the written portion, as my logic is flawless I assume it was due to low word count.
Low word count's unlikely. I got very high marks for short papers and exam responses both in engineering and liberal arts courses. People who have to grade this crap get tired of wading through word seas lacking content and structure.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Low word count's unlikely. I got very high marks for short papers and exam responses both in engineering and liberal arts courses. People who have to grade this crap get tired of wading through word seas lacking content and structure.
He's sayin' you don rite gud