Quantcast

-- Tuesday's Ride Thread --

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Weather was perfect, trails would have been perfect. Of course it was too dark. The only local trails that allow night riding are closed for hunting season:(.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I did an urban type ride last night on the Cheeta - I may go back to the DC fork on that bike - I just can't decide - but it was a nice night to be out pedalling and hitting stairs and whatnot. But I lost my red reflective light on the back - not a big deal but you need one around here if riding at night. One on my helmet and one on the back of the bike.

I have a fork dilemna of sorts. I currently have the Z1 on the Cheeta and it feels pretty good, but I'm not sure if it is a ton better than the DC fork I had on it earlier. I may put the DH2 back on the bike. But then the Z1 is overkill for my Belair. I'm going to sell my X-Vert air for what I paid for it to justbill so he can use it on the bike he's building up for his son. So what I think I need to do is sell the Z1 and then use the money from that to get a lighter trail bike fork for the Belair - keeping the DH2 on the Cheeta.

Does that make any sense whatsoever?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
I have a fork dilemna of sorts. I currently have the Z1 on the Cheeta and it feels pretty good, but I'm not sure if it is a ton better than the DC fork I had on it earlier. I may put the DH2 back on the bike. But then the Z1 is overkill for my Belair. I'm going to sell my X-Vert air for what I paid for it to justbill so he can use it on the bike he's building up for his son. So what I think I need to do is sell the Z1 and then use the money from that to get a lighter trail bike fork for the Belair - keeping the DH2 on the Cheeta.

Does that make any sense whatsoever?

How about more saddle time, & less swapping fork time !! :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
So what I think I need to do is sell the Z1 and then use the money from that to get a lighter trail bike fork for the Belair - keeping the DH2 on the Cheeta.
How about an 03 Black Comp for 200 smackers? PricePoint is clearing them out... decent fork, decent price. I was considering this for for my Hollowpoint (still am actually, just don't have the cash), but I'll probably look into the used market first.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I had a Psylo SL originally - Splat has it now - so no thanks to the Psylos.
No likey? There's 3-4 people here that have them and all like them a lot.

Send Doug a PM. He has a new Manitou, Skareb I think? And can give you some feedback on it. They are pretty light. My NRS has a Manitou Black on it that I would let you demo, if you lived closer.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
How about an 03 Black Comp for 200 smackers? PricePoint is clearing them out... decent fork, decent price. I was considering this for for my Hollowpoint (still am actually, just don't have the cash), but I'll probably look into the used market first.
That's the same fork I have on my NRS, except mine is grey. Greenfish has the 2003 Black Elite's for <$200.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
berkshire_rider said:
That's the same fork I have on my NRS, except mine is grey. Greenfish has the 2003 Black Elite's for <$200.
You still have the NRS? I didn't realize you had kept that bike.

I know about Dougs Skareb - not quite what I'm looking for.

Come the new year if all goes well I should be able to acquire a 2005 Fox fork for the Belair :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I remember that Yellow and black bike from when we rode in the snow at the W. Hartford Reservoir with Snirch and his friends!! I almost killed myself several times that day!! Ice and rim brakes don't mix! :)

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I remember a couple things from that day.....your lack of brakes, and ripping through the one stream crossing. That was some cold, winter water. :p Have to get back there again, some day. Some nice trails.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
berkshire_rider said:
I remember a couple things from that day.....your lack of brakes, and ripping through the one stream crossing. That was some cold, winter water. :p Have to get back there again, some day. Some nice trails.
Steve - the Res is like my "home court" now so you are free to visit anytime.