Quantcast

-- Tuesday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nothing for today. Thinking about playing hookie from work tomorrow so I can ride and take the dogs for a hike. But nothing for today.

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
TNUA tonite . Tuesday Night Urban Assault , which is a group that rides thru the city of Rochester , for about 2 hours , off season. A good work out for all .

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
SLAYER!!!
I wanted to go to that show tonight, but wife has to effen work, and I got the kids.

I did listen to GOD HATES US ALL on the way to ride/work this morning.

A bit cold at 28, but the trails weren't bad, a little icey, but if it warms up it will be all mud, so it looks like it was the best time to ride.
Had to have a light in the mornings now kinda sucks, keep having flashbacks to the twilight lap of the 24 hour races.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Sorry to hear you're sick Tree Saw! :(
Thanks! Weird part is, I feel ok today...just have a sore throat and no voice. I am getting all of my house work done which means I can ride a lot this weekend!!! I am also getting ready to post up some pics of our trip to Maine and hit the trainor for a little while.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Arm On Fire said:
SLAYER!!!
I wanted to go to that show tonight, but wife has to effen work, and I got the kids.

A bit cold at 28, but the trails weren't bad, a little icey, but if it warms up it will be all mud, so it looks like it was the best time to ride.
Had to have a light in the mornings now kinda sucks, keep having flashbacks to the twilight lap of the 24 hour races.
They came to Portland just about this time last year. Did you get to see tat one?

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Today 12:35 PM
ROCKLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm On Fire
SLAYER!!!

They came to Portland just about this time last year. Did you get to see tat one?
Nope, same situation

I did see them at the Worcester Centrum, with Pantera, etc.
Is was EFFEN incredible!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
I was supposed to do a night ride last night, but a mechanical 100ft into the ride ended the night. :mumble:
Man! That Aussie POS you ride is always givng you problems!! I, on the other hand had a great ride yesterday!

Rode Spier Falls yesterday for the first time. Pretty sweet stuff. Would give it a rating of "great" if there wern't so many leaves down. Parked on the pull off at the top of the hill and rode in from there. There is a TOUGH climb right off, that I ended up walking most of . (the yellow trail). It was ok though because you can think about ripping down it on the way back to the car on the way up. About 3/4 of the way up, took a left onto the Red Trail. This takes you to the top. Things flattened out at the top and I found Red Trail to be pretty sick. Lots of little ledges, slickrock and small drops to launch off. Had to play it somewhat safe because you never knew what was underneath all the leave at the landing. Rode the red trail for quite a while and then hit the orange trial and followed that for a while. Orange Trail takes you all the way to the end of the ridge almost parallel with the damn on the Hudson River along Spier Falls Road. I did get a little lost down at that end and the sun was going down, so rather than try to find a loop out, I just turned around and headed back the way I came in. Both Red and Orange were great in both directions, and the decent back to the car on the yellow trail was sick! (would have been balls-out fast on a DH bike!) I highly recommend people check this place out, and don't let the rumors of tough climbing scare you! The climb is definately worth it!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Man! That Aussie POS you ride is always givng you problems!!
No....It's the POS American drivetrain parts. :eviltongu

Remember the twisted chain problem I had at Kingdom? A brand new Sram chain, just out of the box. I made it all the way to the trailer you pass on the way into the Stables, and this chain did the same thing. :mumble:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
No....It's the POS American drivetrain parts. :eviltongu

Remember the twisted chain problem I had at Kingdom? A brand new Sram chain, just out of the box. I made it all the way to the trailer you pass on the way into the Stables, and this chain did the same thing. :mumble:
And that drivetrain is almost completely brand new!! Time to dump the sh*tmano!