Quantcast

TuesdayTuesdayTuesdayTuesday

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not feeling 100% today so got the fireplace going so I can sweat out the weakness. I had hope to go for a bike ride but that is clearly not happening plus I have an important interview tomorrow for a potential lucrative side business.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Changed my work computer password this morning, and have spent the past 45 minutes recovering.

Feels an awful lot like a ride night. Might have to dig the lights out one of these days and see if they still work, given that they are over 10 years old at this point.

Anyone have more modern light recommendations?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I do not care for this sensation of darkness early in the morning

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Lots of good information. Even more transparent than the Blue Book. Shows who is funding for and against as well.
For sure... I totally used that to research all the measures. It's nice because it also includes the Blue Book info, as well as for/against parties like you mentioned. A couple of things on the ballot seemed reasonable... until I saw who was backing the measure and then did even further research on the implications/ramifications. I could/should take this to the PAWN forum, but specifically I ended up taking umbrage with the measure to change the wording around citizenship requirements to vote... before research my thoughts were "Well yeah, a person should be a U.S. citizen to vote." After research: "Oh, the Colorado constitution already says this and has this requirement. What kind of shady fucking shyster bullshit is someone trying to pull with this nothing burger of a ballot measure?" Probably ballot blocking.

Though even with Ballotpedia and Teh Internet at my command, like Toshi I was still pretty confused about what the long-term implications of some measures would be.

I actually filled out the ballot in this order: voted for Kanye, then ballot measures, then state/local elected folks, and now all I have left is deciding whether or not the 3-1/2 million judges on this fucker should keep their jobs or not.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I ended up taking umbrage with the measure to change the wording around citizenship requirements to vote... before research my thoughts were "Well yeah, a person should be a U.S. citizen to vote." After research: "Oh, the Colorado constitution already says this and has this requirement. What kind of shady fucking shyster bullshit is someone trying to pull with this nothing burger of a ballot measure?" Probably ballot blocking.
This measure was explicitly shifty even for 2020. Pure voter intimidation and nothing more.

Shows who is funding for and against as well.
Always follow the money.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
For sure... I totally used that to research all the measures. It's nice because it also includes the Blue Book info, as well as for/against parties like you mentioned. A couple of things on the ballot seemed reasonable... until I saw who was backing the measure and then did even further research on the implications/ramifications. I could/should take this to the PAWN forum, but specifically I ended up taking umbrage with the measure to change the wording around citizenship requirements to vote... before research my thoughts were "Well yeah, a person should be a U.S. citizen to vote." After research: "Oh, the Colorado constitution already says this and has this requirement. What kind of shady fucking shyster bullshit is someone trying to pull with this nothing burger of a ballot measure?" Probably ballot blocking.
Yup - this is an attempt to prevent legislation of the type that was enacted allowing 17yo's (that will be 18 at the time of the general election) to vote in primary elections.

Though even with Ballotpedia and Teh Internet at my command, like Toshi I was still pretty confused about what the long-term implications of some measures would be.
Some of this is the fault of TABOR. There's a measure that would put *fees* under the TABOR umbrella, further hampering state/local government from getting funds to get shit done.

The whole idea of *mandating* that EVERY tax increase be put in front of the voters is fucking ridiculous. Historically the voters elected representatives to make those sorts of decisions... and now look what we've got. :disgust:

Fucking Libertarians... :mad:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Day two of trying to ride the new place for the first time was a major success. trails did not suck, will ride again. And again. And again. And again. And again.
View attachment 151114
View attachment 151117View attachment 151118View attachment 151119View attachment 151121
That looks like a little slice of heaven. Except a wet tree skinny. Got 11 stitches in my chin courtesy of one of those.

Fuck Doug Bruce, in particular.
Never trust a man with two first names. Yourself included.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That looks like a little slice of heaven. Except a wet tree skinny. Got 11 stitches in my chin courtesy of one of those.
The key is to not fuck up:D

The teeter did take me 2 tries to get the speed right. I've done more than a handful of those over the years, but never one on a spool that rolled as it teetered, which was pretty cool.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well, of *course* it was... :D
I had to go back and re-read about him because I felt like having a giggle.
In 2011, Douglas Bruce was convicted of all counts in the indictment, including four counts of felony criminal activity including money laundering, attempted improper influence of a public official, and tax fraud. He was discovered to be using a small-government charity he founded to hide millions of dollars from the state department of revenue
Dougy really was a proto-fascist too far ahead of his time. All he needed was a TV show, and a Russian handler, and he could have been president.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Apparently people are getting the Save Our Date cards we mailed out a few days ago... we're getting texts from people with pictures of the cards. Apparently, the corporate identity & branding work I'm doing for our wedding is a big hit.

Never trust a man with two first names. Yourself included.
QFMFT. Bruce Wayne comes to mind.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
the height to length ratio on that teeter seems a little sketch.

That's pretty standard ratio for the 3-4 teeters in the few spots right near me. Definitely requires good balance and getting the speed right....but around here, those are pretty much required for most of the tech riding you'll see.

The teeter in Lynn Woods back in the day was the sketchiest shit I have ever seen, but cool as fuck. Not sure if I can find a pic. The pivot was at the edge of a 4-5ft tall rock face, with the pivot being another 2-3ft above that. The teeter not only...teetered...but it rotated sideways about 30deg on a rack and pinion as it came down. It would bottom with the end about 5-6 feet above the ground to a flat drop.

THAT took some serious skill....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
What did you get? I have been dreaming of a long travel bike lately but not sure the lack of opportunity to use it can justify the investment.
Coming over to Langesø more often could help you justify a bigger bike....just sayin' :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yup - this is an attempt to prevent legislation of the type that was enacted allowing 17yo's (that will be 18 at the time of the general election) to vote in primary elections.

Some of this is the fault of TABOR. There's a measure that would put *fees* under the TABOR umbrella, further hampering state/local government from getting funds to get shit done.

The whole idea of *mandating* that EVERY tax increase be put in front of the voters is fucking ridiculous. Historically the voters elected representatives to make those sorts of decisions... and now look what we've got. :disgust:

Fucking Libertarians... :mad:
Fucking Republicans