Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wife got a new blow dryer. I think it came off of one of squeebs airplane wings. damn thing woke me the eff up at 3:30 am it was so effing loud. Itold her to go use the damn thing in the guest bath. Yeah she gets up at 3, me at 5.

Dumping rain, back to the normal commute cluster Fvck, should be loads of fun on the short bus today. I'm going to wear as much yellow reflective stuff as I own to try and not get hit by raging soccer moms today

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is pouring rain here. I thought it was winter time? Said rain has brought quite a bit of fog, too.

Second day of work for me, first full day for the rest of peeps here. Lets see how many have forgotten their passwords. :popcorn:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
"Hi Mr. Stoney. I'm 40, have two kids to put through college and $12k in savings. I'd like to use that money to take a trip to Europe, and I want to retire in 10 years. Make it happen."
Is that how it works? Sounds so easy. Sign me up!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Wife had the day off yesterday and managed to take care of all the various yard chores I had on my plate to take care of last night. Go wife! Instead I got to change into sweatpants, kick back, and watch The West Wing. Not too shabby at all.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Back at it after a week and a half off. Went to Boston for a few days last week. Took our daughter to the Aquarium and the Science Museum. Made my way over to the Trillium Brewery before I came home and scored some cans. They do make really delicious beer.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Back at work after ten days off. t'was a good holiday. too bad my oldest ruined it last night by waking me up at 4, after which I could not get back to sleep. The fan is firmly full of shit here at work, so having my head up my ass today is going to suck. happy new year.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
-11 this morning, should get colder in the next few hours. In store for me today is getting the last two pieces of paper for the house, pick up a subpoena, and pack some more. Good times

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
kids still have today off :think: so wife and i are working half days. need a haircut. and beer.
@Nick - skiing sucks because: with kids; here in nc; it's been rainy; it was 52* on the slopes; the kids are just learning; my chit is literally 20 years old; and finally, if i'm gonna be on a mountain i only really want to he riding my bike down it, dammit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Timmay!
How are your eyes?
Good morning Nick!

Eyes are doing just spiffy. I'd say I'm at 95% at the moment. Eyes are a bit dry when I wake up in the morning, still have a wee bit of glare from light sources, and have a bit tougher time seeing under artificial light than before. In spite of that, it's still worth it 100x over.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"Hi Mr. Stoney. I'm 40, have two kids to put through college and $12k in savings. I'd like to use that money to take a trip to Europe, and I want to retire in 10 years. Make it happen."
Suzie Orman. Suzie Orman. Suzie Orman.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a meh day, but I am supposed to have my 6 month review (do they keep me or kick me out meeting) and if things are good, I still have a jorb. If things are real good, I could see from 3-6% bump. Slide that bump into the future...

While I hate being broke now, I am seeing the value in not being broke later. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
HOWDY FUCKERS.

i'm back. no work = no laptop time = no RM. i'm back in the office today, so here i am. updates:

-still hate my job
-holiday was overall good. kid loved xmas (for as far as he could understand what was happening). foiks were in town for a few days. wife and i got to go out to dinner for NYE, which was nice.
-only 1 ride. rode to a local brewery. forgot my wallet :stosh:
-turns out sewer line needs full replacing. this happens tomorrow. it came with the bonus of having to empty out my garage because part of the concrete slab that constitutes the garage floor need to be jackhammered up. this sucks mega hard, because new sewer line = pricey.
-did i mention i still hate my job?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Suzie Orman. Suzie Orman. Suzie Orman.
Suze. She spells it weird.

-turns out sewer line needs full replacing. this happens tomorrow. it came with the bonus of having to empty out my garage because part of the concrete slab that constitutes the garage floor need to be jackhammered up. this sucks mega hard, because new sewer line = pricey.
Well, that sucks.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
What did you get? I scored some Congress St IPAs today.
I got 2 4 packs of Scaled and 2 4 packs of Fort Point. That was all they had in cans on Friday AM. Fort Point tastes like nothing I have ever drank before, in a good way. Scaled is a solid IPA. I need to figure out how to get more in the future.