Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
First off, KILL LIST. My little ones are just like @Toshi 's babies (FML). You should never again share the details of your angelic child in public. :D

Second, I hope you realize that because of your aberrantly somnolent first born your upcoming addition will undoubtedly lay waste to your obliviously well rested existence. No one gets two angel babies, not even RM cool guys.
oh he's definitely a trick baby.

on the flipside, he had surgery at 4 weeks old, so that (and the leadup) kept us up a lot.

he's just a big dude, always has been. gets a full tummy after running around like a madman, sleeps well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
JK: Yuna has been a champion sleeper until about 3 weeks ago, +/- getting off when sick now and then. This is a new thing as her baby brain matures and her separation anxiety apparently ramps up.
yea idk if/when we'll hit that. he's been in day car since 6 months, so he's pretty used to being away from us

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Second, I hope you realize that because of your aberrantly somnolent first born your upcoming addition will undoubtedly lay waste to your obliviously well rested existence. No one gets two angel babies, not even RM cool guys.
:stupid:

Why we stopped at 1. My mom was very open about the fact that if my little brother had been the first, he'd have been the last.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
I can provide at least anecdotal evidence that this is true. Our 2nd had colic for something like 6 months. And has ever continued to be a challenge for us. :dead:

The brakes thing seems like a bad idea...

I broke a chain early on in the Burro descent on TWE once - that was a nice, smooth, quiet DH section. If only they made "dropper" chains. :D

Last edited:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Our first was tough--colic, woke up a ton, nursed at night at least twice for over a year. We eventually got her sorted out sleeping all night in her crib and had a period of good sleep. Arrival of baby #2 6 months ago (who is actually an easier kid thankfully) has screwed up pretty much all of our routines. Neither kid really seems to need much sleep either, seldom over 8-9 hours a night. I am hopeful that before too long we can re-establish sanity of some sort particularly as it relates to sleep...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Final offer received and verbally accepted. ~12% bump in base pay, and only a 2% decrease in bonus target. Overall same amount as their initial offer, but with more money in the base, which is what I really care about. Bonuses can change, yo (granted, in either direction).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Final offer received and verbally accepted. ~12% bump in base pay, and only a 2% decrease in bonus target. Overall same amount as their initial offer, but with more money in the base, which is what I really care about. Bonuses can change, yo (granted, in either direction).
shoulda held out for more vacation and paternity leave

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
shoulda held out for more vacation and paternity leave
Right now I have 3 weeks vacation (4 weeks this time next year), 6 days TOA, 12 holidays and 2 weeks paternity leave. I really don't see getting too much better than that....at least not enough to risk not getting the job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Right now I have 3 weeks vacation (4 weeks this time next year), 6 days TOA, 12 holidays and 2 weeks paternity leave. I really don't see getting too much better than that....at least not enough to risk not getting the job.
they won't (can't) rescind the offer just because you're negotiating benefits. worst they'll do is say no. :clue:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
they won't (can't) rescind the offer just because you're negotiating benefits. worst they'll do is say no. :clue:
When I was negotiating my move to Butte I asked for an additional week of vacation and got it, I maxed out by my 8th year of employment while most have to wait for 16 years to get 6 weeks. It doesn't cost the company anything as no one fills in for me while I am out. I also asked for a 25% target and got 20. Never hurts to ask.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I was negotiating my move to Butte I asked for an additional week of vacation and got it, I maxed out by my 8th year of employment while most have to wait for 16 years to get 6 weeks. It doesn't cost the company anything as no one fills in for me while I am out. I also asked for a 25% target and got 20. Never hurts to ask.
yea its easier to negotiate with a new company than an internal transfer. i negotiated an extra week when i started my current job

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Road ride complete, just under 20 miles in 90 minutes. There was far more ice than I had expected so I quickly bailed on the road bike and went back for the hardtail. I swapped out the studded snow tires for whatever last year's tires were and pumped them up to 60 PSI. I sold maintain 18 with effort but settled for a relaxing 12 to 14. The warm sun on my face was awesome. Now I have to go shopping as I am out of raspberries and eat a pint per day. Trump is trying to fuck with my supply of Mexican raspberries... ahole.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Like Jon said, being an internal move, the room for "more" tends to be less.

There are other (read: personal) aspects that brought upon the transfer you can't put a dollar value on, so this was a no brainer. I would have been perfectly content with a lateral move money-wise for those reasons. More money was a bonus.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Annual review completed. End result: Nothing. No comp adjustment, despite it being stated on the review that I should have received one. No promotion, despite review stating that I should have received one. Still best overall performer on the team, no comp to account for it. Blow me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Annual review completed. End result: Nothing. No comp adjustment, despite it being stated on the review that I should have received one. No promotion, despite review stating that I should have received one. Still best overall performer on the team, no comp to account for it. Blow me.
Vote with your feet.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was sent this this morning....

edit: to my incredible yet 'ex' gf, I could never blame her for not being able to tolerate me, I never deserved her, and didn't take care. my loss.
She was pretty awesome. But sometimes a man just has to be free to ride his bike and ski. None of that City living crap. (But she was pretty awesome, assuming we're talking about the same one.)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Vote with your feet.
Hence my conversation plans with another director tomorrow. He needs somebody to fill a role (preferably me) that I was unable to up until recently because of travel needs. Wifey is okay with me travelling now, as she will be doing less.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My review is probably going to be overall "exceeds expectations" for doing a disproportionate share of my team's work. Then they'd probably start me down on the promotion road, where I'd get 5% more as of July 2018. Probably wouldn't be due for another promotion and another 4% until 2022 or even later.

If that's the only option then I'll take it, but if what looks better on paper has a good feel you know I'm going to jump ship.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ah, so you had your meeting with the Bobs?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
ah, so you had your meeting with the Bobs?
Nah. My direct boss specifically put it down so that there was no question about whether I should have received one when we look back at our next review/promotion/position change/etc. It's sr mgmt that laid that one out.