Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Annual review completed. End result: Nothing. No comp adjustment, despite it being stated on the review that I should have received one. No promotion, despite review stating that I should have received one. Still best overall performer on the team, no comp to account for it. Blow me.
seriously though, if it comes to light that others in your team got increases and you didn't despite being the best performer, raise BLOODY FUCKING HELL.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
seriously though, if it comes to light that others in your team got increases and you didn't despite being the best performer, raise BLOODY FUCKING HELL.
Claim that being a tall white dude is a protected class

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nah. My direct boss specifically put it down so that there was no question about whether I should have received one when we look back at our next review/promotion/position change/etc. It's sr mgmt that laid that one out.
go in late. take up 3 parking spots. use the back door. drink all the coffee and don't make more. flatulate loudly in meetings with upper management. don't flush. cook fish in the microwave (wait, you don't strike me as the kind of plebe that takes their lunch in), buy fish for lunch on the company card and throw it up. take a liquid lunch. work on your bike in your cube/office. call taiwanese phone sex lines on speakerphone. leave early, claim you need to repay a cartel debt.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Didn't happen. Email was sent out from CEO that no raises were given for sales or VP+ levels.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
go in late. take up 3 parking spots. use the back door. drink all the coffee and don't make more. flatulate loudly in meetings with upper management. don't flush. cook fish in the microwave (wait, you don't strike me as the kind of plebe that takes their lunch in), buy fish for lunch on the company card and throw it up. take a liquid lunch. work on your bike in your cube/office. call taiwanese phone sex lines on speakerphone. leave early, claim you need to repay a cartel debt.
Lulz. I'm all about the bag lunch, well Trader Joe's frozen meals and Wifey's leftovers. She cooks very, very well. I believe Nick can confirm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Didn't happen. Email was sent out from CEO that no raises were given for sales or VP+ levels.
This happened at McAfee, then word got out that there was still a fist full of raises given, just not to everyone. I gave my 2 weeks once confirmed.

There was a good reason they didn't announce raises. :rofl:

Network Associates Inc. said it discovered "accounting irregularities" in its 1999 and 2000 financial statements that require a restatement of its results for those periods.
Some call it "Stuffing the channel"

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also got word today that I am in final consideration for a gov't job with the CO dep't of revenue... apparently I scored well on the "comparative analysis test" I took last week, as they only take the top 3-5 scoring folks on said test to interview. It seems like a paper pusher type job but the pay is a living wage, loads of holidays and time off, the benefits are unreal, there's a pension, and the office is spitting distance from the bottom of one of my favorite trails.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Also got word today that I am in final consideration for a gov't job with the CO dep't of revenue... apparently I scored well on the "comparative analysis test" I took last week, as they only take the top 3-5 scoring folks on said test to interview. It seems like a paper pusher type job but the pay is a living wage, loads of holidays and time off, the benefits are unreal, there's a pension, and the office is spitting distance from the bottom of one of my favorite trails.
Don't really picture you as a bureaucrat... you know you'll probably have to wear pants and shoes?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
colorado govt job.....hold on tight and never let go.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
... and the office is spitting distance from the bottom of one of my favorite trails.
I quite liked the idea of getting a job at the taj mahal (presume that's the locale, unless DPW over by WR) so I'd be able to commute down Apex.

Then I decided I liked working from home more :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I quite liked the idea of getting a job at the taj mahal (presume that's the locale, unless DPW over by WR) so I'd be able to commute down Apex.

Then I decided I liked working from home more :D
Definitely over by the bottom of Apex, but not in the Taj Mahal. My commute could/would be up and over STM... not the best trail in the Golden area but bike commuting to work on dirt? I'll take it.