Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
meanwhile back on our side of the international dateline where it really is tuesderp the rain has let up, coffee is brewing and the dogs are wanting to be fed. A lot of the roads I usually use washed out yesterday so today should be a wee bit more difficult navigating around on the short bus.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH today to tend to the pup and help her get used to the house. After 2 walks she is already damn good on lead. She has a tendency to want to chase the gatto, so that will need work. Monday tore into me good last night when I tried to have them in the room together. But her on alert I'm sure isn't calming.

Also, that larger of the 2 kennels we had was way too tiny, so I got to share the guest bed with her so the wife and Monday had piece in the master. She is a bed hog and all legs. But she is very chill so early that I can't help but see her as being the pefect pooch. I'm very excited, despite the amount of work I now have.

New larger dog door and crate today. She came with a garbage can of food and we will switch her over once she settles in. I can't wait too get her out on the trails, she wants to go!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

As of yesterday it would appear that my post-LASIK vision is 20/15 and has stabilized there. I find that I am a big fan of this no glasses thing, I've had them since the 5th grade.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Srsly, for a 7 month old pup, she is wicked chill. Just hanging on the couch next to me while I enjoy my coffee. She has plenty of energy, but she is not the least bit spazy.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wtf is going on with the weather?!?! it's February. we got a couple of big dumps of snow last week, over 1.5 feet I think (I was in AZ at the time), but now the weather is well above freezing. Thursday is supposed to be my ride/ski night, but with temps hitting 50°F and rain, I don't think either of those are going to happen. :monkey:

I suppose I'll have to keep coasting on the memory of my last ride, which in the end wasn't so bad - Hiline/Baldwin/Slimshady in Sedona. The more I think of that ride, the more I realize the Bronson was actually a pretty good bike. I had said I was unimpressed by it, but I was riding it on flats, which I never do, on unfamiliar terrain, and with an unfamiliar wheelsize. The fact that I knocked 2 minutes off my last time down the Hiline descent, when I was on my bike, and following my guide's lines speaks volumes of the bike I think. Maybe its worth a second look...

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
wtf is going on with the weather?!?! it's February. we got a couple of big dumps of snow last week, over 1.5 feet I think (I was in AZ at the time), but now the weather is well above freezing. Thursday is supposed to be my ride/ski night, but with temps hitting 50°F and rain, I don't think either of those are going to happen. :monkey:
We are getting the same type of weather pattern. I rode Sunday here on snowmobile trails and by the time I was finished it was 45 degrees out. The Fat Bike rolled right thru it with ease. If you can find something that has been packed good, you should be able to ride it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back to work and the in-laws are gone. Lots of fun with Haley this weekend, but damn I'm tired. She got a new bed Sunday, so she's graduated to the 'big kid' twin bed. Feeling a little old, not going to lie.

We went to an Avs game on Saturday and she loved it. It was her first really big event, so she was a bit bugged out by the number of people to start with, but warmed up to it pretty quickly. She was super into the spectator view on the big screen and was dancing like a champ every time there was a break in the game.

Went down to Co Springs for the zoo yesterday and got a great referral for lunch from @Pesqueeb . Bingo burger in downtown Co Springs is yummy, but their fries are *meh at best.

Last edited:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning! I skied A LOT this weekend. I know this is not news to any of you. Yesterday I celebrated Presidents Day with a backcountry ski. Solitude. I wanted to just stay home today so I could finish my book. Currently reading The Warmth of Other Suns and love it!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bingo burger in downtown Co Springs is yummy, but their fries are *meh at best.
Yea, fries are mediocre. Though what pisses me off even more than the fries is that goddamn hippie ketchup. I'm all about some hippie food, but that organic-freerange-no gmo-local-whatever ketchup is some bullshit. Heinz or GTFO.

Did you get one of the booze milkshakes? :drool:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
had she been in a toddler bed?
Yeah. She fit, but was getting to length limit. We got one of those 3 in 1 beds (Crib-day-full) initially. The full is too big for her room, so we moved that whole frame into the spare/guest room and got her a twin.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back in the office today and it seems like everything has shit the bed over the long weekend. Have done nothing but answer phone calls and merge help desk tickets together.

The snow has pretty much all melted down in town here. I'm hoping this warm weather keeps up and melts the rest of that disgusting white crap.

Went on a hike-date-thing with the Tinder bike girl last night. Twas great. We talked about bikes and such. She is getting her first mountain bike soon and seems very interested in getting tours of some local trails. In return, she is going to kick my ass on the road when I get my new bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've heard that many times myself. But, in my case, my wife has a deep relationship with her dad, which is one of the strings that pulls her back into the maelstrom again and again.
yea, its not that kind of situation. she was estranged from her (now deceased) father. it's been heading that way with her mom for a while now. only reason she has still been making an effort is so our son can have a relationship with his grandmother.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
yea, its not that kind of situation. she was estranged from her (now deceased) father. it's been heading that way with her mom for a while now. only reason she has still been making an effort is so our son can have a relationship with his grandmother.
I haven't spoken with my folks since before my daughter was born, and my wife's ties to her parents are tenuous at best. Cutting ties has been one of the best things I've ever done for my own mental health, fragile thing that it is. Is it shitty? Of course it is, but whats even shittier is dealing with unnecessarily shitty people. Toxic people are toxic, and nobody needs that crap. Not me, not you, not my wife, not your wife, and certainly not the kids.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yea? what do you like better about it?

worth noting: i'm not looking for something huge. maybe a liter or liter + half of water, space for tool, phone, keys.
weight, durability, ventilation, ergonomics & comfort. and I like their bladders too. I have the Verve 3, and have been pleased with it for three seasons now.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have the raptor 10, I like the hip belts, it keeps the water weight off my back. I will say that in ~15 rides I have punctured a bite valve

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
weight, durability, ventilation, ergonomics & comfort. and I like their bladders too. I have the Verve 3, and have been pleased with it for three seasons now.
point of reference - the camelbak i'm looking to replace is about 10 years old, wasn't even a bike specific model; just got a smoking deal on it for like $20. zipper tabs are starting to fail. biggest issue is that i haven't exactly been taking care of the bladder since last summer, and its basically molded out to the point bleach doesn't fix anymore (no i haven't been using it in this state).

i'll check out the osprey for sure. thanks for the info

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There was a time when I did not speak to my parents for almost 10 years, we visit and speak now but only about happy things... visits have to be short and involve bicycle breaks.

In other news dentist will likely get the majority of my dentist bike budget this year; 2 root canals and an extraction for starters. The tooth that needs extraction has at least 1K invested in it... thanks Trump. :monkey:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
point of reference - the camelbak i'm looking to replace is about 10 years old, wasn't even a bike specific model; just got a smoking deal on it for like $20. zipper tabs are starting to fail. biggest issue is that i haven't exactly been taking care of the bladder since last summer, and its basically molded out to the point bleach doesn't fix anymore (no i haven't been using it in this state).

i'll check out the osprey for sure. thanks for the info
I got engaged evoc fr enduro last year, it is amazingly comfortable, has removable "spine protection" and plenty of capacity, 2 120oz bladders, tubes, tools, lunch, cloths... if you run hot there is a drawback in that the spine protection thingy holds heat.