Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

We got verification that our bikes shipped yesterday. I'm trying to figure out trip expenses. Rental company charged $147 more on card than stated on invoice, A kayak trip got canceled due to weather, but haven't seen a refund. WiPo problems.

I need to start chasing some contractors around.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
So while doing dishes last night, I was playing this randomly and my oldest comes in to remind me that, like, he's been listening to these guys since, like, he was 6....:D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
now, quiet of teh office (until everyone else arrives) and a steaming cup of coffee.

just remembered that the other morning "read between the lies" came on while i was shuffling through songs and i skipped it and the 11yo was like "dad. wait. go back. i want to hear that one..." :rofl:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Spring is here, the Enduro is waiting in my car for a post work ride and then my new ride shows up two weeks early. 'tis a good day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had a good night last night. Put more work into the trailer and managed to actually get a few things knocked out in impression fashion. It was nice to finally have something work out after a few days of seemingly working with little progress achieved.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
@Adventurous It is nice when some things work out on a project. In my current bathroom Renovation, it took me hours to get a faucet and drain assembly changed. The damn drain assembly has not been removed in 20 or more years and that sucker was frozen together. At the end of it, I realized at the cost of my time, I would have been way ahead of the curve, If I had just bought a new vanity counter/sink and started fresh.

weights this morning, "Work" today, ride home and then Tennis at 8 PM.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Replace two sprinkler heads and fixed Haley's dresser drawers last night. Wifey keeps running over the driveway corner one and this time she broke the actual pipe below. PITA as not I get to fix that one. My to do list around the house is not getting any shorter despite my best efforts.

I've decided on the REI bike from yesterday as after the 20% REI discount, dividend, grandparent gift money, and gift cards, it won't cost us anything out of pocket.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today got off to a craptacular start. I left late and then remembered that I needed to put some gas into the car. Got to the gas station and realized that I had left my @kazlx wallet at home; but not before starting to pump gas, that would have sucked. Did a big circle around town, pumped gas and then got onto the freeway which was just a clusterfuck. Some asshat in a Jeep Cherokee just about tried to merge into my lane, even though their blind spot markers were clearly lit.

But, I've pounded back coffee, two bananas and have absolutely crushed a lot of small work items here in the office.

Thinking about a ride tonight, but it is currently raining so we'll see how that goes.

@DirtyMike sorry to hear.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Another two interviews today. One was a follow up and I put pressure on them with the offer I have from the other company. The other was a bad ass job which would be a dream job but I have some gaps in experience in relationship to what they are looking for.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like my group at work is being absorbed into the group I left in 2015 because they sucked/had issues/etc. Giddy. Confirmation in 2 hours. Really not looking forward to be underneath the same bosses I fled then.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
brother is supposed to be test driving a vw atlas this week...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It'll be great on your newly convertible Tacoma after the roof peels away at speed...
Maybe I should just take this opportunity to install a 5th wheel hitch in the backseat. I'll have the freedom of a topless vehicle on the way there with all the comforts of a camper once I arrive!

Mornin!

Had a good night last night. Put more work into the trailer and managed to actually get a few things knocked out in impression fashion. It was nice to finally have something work out after a few days of seemingly working with little progress achieved.
Pictures, dammit!

Oof, just dropped over $500 on a weight distribution/sway control hitch. Shit better be worth it.
Which hitch?

I put a 12 x 12' sunscreen over the south side of the greenhouse today, replaced a filter housing and got water on at camp, mowed a bunch of lawn, changed oil in mower, moved stuff in and out of van preparatory to getting new tires tomorrow.

It's Heady time.